Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban discussion

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (new)

Sara Rodriguez Sara Rodriguez

I am trying to finish the Harry Potter books so i will be caught up when the new movie comes out. And the more i read, the more i am falling in love with this series. This book's story was amazing and kept me on edge. Harry's third year at Hogwarts started with him finding out the prisoner of Azkaban, Sirius Black, escaped and was searching for him to kill. Many precautions were taken to assure Harry's safety. Dementors are guards used in Azkaban and they were used around Hogwarts grounds. Dementors are dark, evil and menacing. They will kill anyone who is in their way and do not take mercy on anyone. They are known to strip people from happy thoughts, hopes and dreams and leave them crazy. Dementors were to blame for the loss of a Quidditch game also. Another change in this year of Hogwarts was having a new teacher for the Care of Magical Teachers and Defence Against Dark Arts. Hagrid and Professor Lupin are their new teachers. Hagrid's first lesson resulted in Malfoy getting injured and the rest of his classes became boring and uneventful. The creature that hurt Malfoy was Hagrids pet and was sentenced to an execution which made Hagrid very upset and Malfoy very pleased. Hermoine was taking more classes than everybody and some of them were at the same time and her attendance was mysteriously great. In the end Sirius Black was not in fact the one that betrayed Harry's parents and killed them. It was Peter Pettigrew who took the form of Ron's rat, Scabbers. Lupin was in on the story and turned out to be a werewolf and had to leave Hogwarts once the word got out. Sirius Black was caught by the dementors and Harry and Hermoine had to reverse time with Hermoine's necklace (the way she attended all her classes) to save Hagrid's creature from execution and Sirius Black from the dementors kiss. All went well in the time reverse and the innocent were saved.

Christina im glad you liked it and keep reading, it gets better!harry potter is my fav series ever! my favorite book was the third so its good to know you enjoyed it.

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Christina wrote: "im glad you liked it and keep reading, it gets better!harry potter is my fav series ever! my favorite book was the third so its good to know you enjoyed it."

Believe her. It's true. FINISH THE SERIES!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

i honestly love the hunger games WAY more, but Harry potter is def my second favorite series. The last book was a suprise to me but i loved it, im glad this book ends with a reasonable ending and dont leave us hanging, but im actually kinda sad its over...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

dont you just feel like some else could be writen in the series? like about hogwarts or something?

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Um, like writing about different characters but using the same settings?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

yes

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

kinda of, ya. but like. say if JK wrote it form... Drako's POV, it would be different, but would it still be good?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

point of view

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I think they might make movies about Harry's kids. I hope so! I mean... a smart person would stop when people like it a lot... but at the same time, I don't want it end! : )

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Yeah. I wouldn't be to hopeful about that bit...I really hope they do make movies and make them REALLY good.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I know. I heard it somewhere though. I doubt it's true but there's that little glimmer of hope.

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Yeah I doubt it too. But, at least there's the books!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah. I tried re-reading the books, but it's not the same as when you first read them.

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) I.K.R.? But it is still fun to read them. :)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

yep! : )

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) And I have read the Inkheart series just so you know. ;)

message 23: by Jameelah (new) - added it

Jameelah L I have to.

The Prisoner of Azkaban at the end I must admit did catch me off guard I never though of everything like that.

Ciara It is a great book. Harry Potter is my favourite series! :)

message 26: by Ella (last edited Jan 16, 2012 08:06AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ella At first I thought Sirius Black was a bad guy but now I understand he is a very good guy but the witch the killed him is plain evil I hope she dies (by the way I'm reading this book now)

message 27: by Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) (last edited Feb 15, 2012 02:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Okay. I won't put down any spoilers, for you.

message 28: by Mig (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mig is this a review? nice :)

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

This one is the best Harry Potter!!! <3 <3 <3