Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Spam?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sicarius (new)

Sicarius (sicariusnoctis) | 3 comments This looks suspicious to me. Is it OK to delete it? (If so, how can I delete stuff?)

Summary:
Purchase includes free access to book updates online and a free trial membership in the publisher's book club where you can select from more than a million books without charge. Chapters: Ranger's Apprentice Books, Ranger's Apprentice Characters, List of Characters in Ranger's Apprentice, the Ruins of Gorlan, Oakleaf Bearers, Erak's Ransom, the Icebound Land, [...] When the day comes for Will, no one is willing to accept him as an apprentice until the Ranger Halt gave the Baron Arald a p... More: http://booksllc.net/?id=5750241

message 2: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl Not spam. It is a legitimate "book" - a compilation of Wikipedia-sourced material.

message 3: by Vicky (last edited Jul 09, 2011 05:43PM) (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments Books LLC is a company that sells out of copyright books and bound Wikipedia articles, so they are legitimate listings and shouldn't be deleted.

Only Goodreads Employees and Super-Librarians can delete books. In the future if you have a book that needs to be deleted you can post it in this thread. :)

message 4: by Shay (new)

Shay | 179 comments But, you can delete the website info in the book description. (The link) I also believe that if you can't link to sales info in the "official url" slot either. Right?