Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) Catching Fire discussion

How do you think everyone else react to Peeta dying?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jazz (last edited Jul 10, 2011 05:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jazz We all know Katniss went hysterical, but do you Haymitch, Effie, Portia, the Capitol audience and everyone back in District 12's reactions?

Lacy Peeta doesn't die. So I don't understand the question.

Jazz I'm talking about during the Quell when Peeta ran into the force field and his heart stopped and Finnick restarted it using CPR.

Lacy That is a good question. Unfortunately we will never know the "right" answer. Just what we make up in our lovely heads.

message 5: by Krissy (last edited Jul 23, 2011 10:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Krissy I never thought about this before...mostly because I was so focused on Katniss's reaction. Haymitch probably requested alcohol (or already had some)to get drunk in the small time frame and the Capital probably lost it for those few minutes. Best Guess.

We might get to see their reactions in the movie though since they show things that aren't in the arena...or that is what they plan on doing for Hunger Games, so maybe they will do it for Catching Fire too.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) When I read that sentence I was so freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Megan Useing mouth to mouth...and i was very happy but also freaking out...i thought i would get a break from the love triangle

Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles it was... relieving, but sad, shocking, but enjoyable. i thought that katniss would have a chance to leave peeta in the dust and find someone new *gale*. but of course, we cant let our leading man die.

Shay I think they were too shocked to really react because it wasn't expected. If anything, they were probably hoping that it wasn't true and that he would wake up, which he did.
I can tell you one thing though, I was freaking out (I was like "no, no, NO DON'T YOU DARE DO THIS! BREATHE YOU IDIOT BREATHE!"

Charlotte well when I was reading it, I thought "you dare die now? wake up! come on!!!" and then when finnick brought him back to life I thought wooohooo lol

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

When I just read the discussion topic I thought "oh my gosh Peeta didn't die did he?!?!, no he didn't!!! Please tell me he didn't!!!!" hahaha I haven't read the book in a while so I was freaking out!!!! Hahaha

Megan ^^^lolz

Jules:) i started crying...but then finnick saved the day and i was happy again:P:)

Jules:) but the characters in the book were either shooked and sad cause they liked peeta or happy for some action (like pres. snow)

Natasha Marie I flipped.. Then started crying and slammed the book shut.. I wasn't going ot finish the book if he died...

Becky I cried and actually shouted "NO!" outlaid, which got me a few funny looks, but all I can think about now is how Haymitch might have just gone "Well i kept Peeta's promise to keep Katniss alive".

Naomibrooksnaomi Brooks i think in the movie it would be great to c everyone eles reaction apart from katniss i think haymitch will be the stroungest reaction ,i actually thought that was it he was dead when i read this part and i woudnt of wanted to carry on reading (but would of had to) peeta and katniss were meant to end up together and live happy ever after

Bailey Hunziker I already read the series and I told my sister when she was halfway through the first book that Peeta died. She started freaking out and ran to my mom. My mom said it was true so my sister stopped reading the books. Super funny. I spazzed out when Peeta died and I bet in the book all the other characters watching would've done the same thing.

Eliza Bailey wrote: "I already read the series and I told my sister when she was halfway through the first book that Peeta died. She started freaking out and ran to my mom. My mom said it was true so my sister stopped ..."

LOL my daughter is currently reading the series and I find it hilarious to torture her by saying the same thing! I also make up lies like how Gale ends up in a wheelchair and Kat goes blind and deaf! :D

Charlotte Eliza wrote: "Bailey wrote: "I already read the series and I told my sister when she was halfway through the first book that Peeta died. She started freaking out and ran to my mom. My mom said it was true so my ..."

haha my cousin is now reading the series, and if she won't tell me something or is mean to me (jokingly of course) I tell her: if you don't tell me I will tell you who Katniss ends up with! lol always works :)

message 21: by Lynn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lynn Way to spoil the reading experience. SOME OF US HAVEN'T READ THIS YET.

Next time, think of a different header. You've totally spoiled the scene for me. Nice job.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Well a discussion is for people who have actually READ the book to talk ABOUT what HAPPENED in said book.

Mehnaz It would just kill the story but he doesn't die.;)

Tanvira Simple,'Instead I find silence,'right?Instead I collapse on the bed half-crying and then half-laughing when he comes back to life. I swear when I told my sister she gawked at me,horrified and since I was crying she believed me and almost cried but she was still on book 1(which is weird cuz older sisters finish books first)so yeah....serves you right for stealing my chukki!BTW that meas chocolate,my baby cousin calls it that so I find it cute so I do too.=)

Tanvira Simple,'Instead I find silence,'right?Instead I collapse on the bed half-crying and then half-laughing when he comes back to life. I swear when I told my sister she gawked at me,horrified and since I was crying she believed me and almost cried but she was still on book 1(which is weird cuz older sisters finish books first)so yeah....serves you right for stealing my chukki!BTW that meas chocolate,my baby cousin calls it that so I find it cute so I do too.=)

Obi loves Chewy It killed the story. I got all sad until the good part.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

... Why do I not remember this? I must have read the book way too fast.

Obi loves Chewy I wish never fake died

Kirby I think I was just going, "nuh-uh, nuh-uh!" and then he wasn't dead long enough for me to proceed beyond the denial phase, so I didn't really get sad...

george ☽ I was terrified! I mean... what if Peeta had actually died? NOOOOOOO! *weep*

Emily I knew he wouldn't die in Catching Fire b/c I was so worried that he would that before I read the book I looked at the inside cover of Mockingjay to see if he died or not in Catching Fire. I remember being so relieved. haha. but if i didn't know that i would have cried during that part of Catching Fire.

Karli Megan (the #1 Gale fan) wrote: "Useing mouth to mouth...and i was very happy but also freaking out...i thought i would get a break from the love triangle"

I was kind of hoping his heart wouldn't restart! Just because he kind of made it so Katniss had to be in love with him. If I were her I would have broken up with him way before he said they were already married and she was pregnant! I would have been like "Ok! That is were I draw the line, Buddy!!!"

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I actually started crying like half way, I hate when books make me do tht!!!

message 35: by Caty (new) - rated it 5 stars

Caty i kind of knew he didnt die because my sister was reading mockingjay and talking about peeta so i really didnt think that much of it. but what got me is that katniss was freaking out so you know that she loves him!:)

message 36: by Aly (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly Lacy wrote: "Peeta doesn't die. So I don't understand the question."
For a moment he does, when he hits the force field. But Finnick does CPR and brings him back to life. He's not dead forever, though.

Haley Petta was never really dead. Katniss just thought he was.

message 38: by Krista (new) - added it

Krista Holle I started Hunger Games. Huge spoiler in the heading. :(

message 39: by Paulette (last edited Jan 19, 2012 03:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Paulette Haley wrote: "Petta was never really dead. Katniss just thought he was."

Yes he was really dead. When your heart stops beating you are dead. If Finnick hadn't performed CPR he would still be dead.

Kiana Major spoiler guys!!! If you guys are talking about Catching Fire then you should put that in Catching Fire. You are spoiling for people who just read hunger games.

Paulette Kiana wrote: "Major spoiler guys!!! If you guys are talking about Catching Fire then you should put that in Catching Fire. You are spoiling for people who just read hunger games."

This is a Catching Fire discussion, take another look at the title.

Paulette Christina wrote: "Peeta didn't die, it's quite obvious he didn't die at the end of the first book."

Yes but this is a discussion group for the second book... Catching Fire

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Paulette wrote: "Christina wrote: "Peeta didn't die, it's quite obvious he didn't die at the end of the first book."

Yes but this is a discussion group for the second book... Catching Fire"

Sorry! I mean it's quite obvious he didn't die at the end of the SECOND book

Kiana Paulette wrote: "Christina wrote: "Peeta didn't die, it's quite obvious he didn't die at the end of the first book."

Oh whoops I am sorry. I saw the first hunger games book on the same discussion page and I got confused.

Kiana Paulette wrote: "Christina wrote: "Peeta didn't die, it's quite obvious he didn't die at the end of the first book."

Oh whoops I am sorry. I saw the first hunger games book on the same discussion page and I got confused.

Paulette You mean he didn't STAY dead. His heart stopped and it was several minutes before Finnicks CPR brought him back

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Paulette wrote: "You mean he didn't STAY dead. His heart stopped and it was several minutes before Finnicks CPR brought him back"

That's not what part they're talking about hun, they're talking about after she's taken into the hovercraft, and Peeta was left behind

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Kiana wrote: "Paulette wrote: "Christina wrote: "Peeta didn't die, it's quite obvious he didn't die at the end of the first book."

Oh wh..."

lol it's fine

message 49: by Re (new) - rated it 5 stars

Re Jabarin i don't how everyone else reacted to Peeta's death. as for me, I've taken an oath to drop the story and open it never again if Peeta dies or loses his memory as an excuse for Katniss to end up with Gale!

message 50: by Caroline (last edited Jan 24, 2012 10:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Caroline I would go to Collin's house and murdered her. He was just too amazing, and Gale is just so horrible to her after the games. Sorry to make reference to this, but in Wings, Laurel is dating David, but Tamani (the other guy in the love triangle) still loves her as much as before.

« previous 1