Books Stephen King Recommends discussion

Spread the Word!

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 2574 comments Mod
Let's spread the word about this group and get it going. I think there are a lot of Stephen King fans that would like to belong!

message 2: by Amber (new)

Amber | 126 comments Great idea for a book club! I'm hoping my schedule will allow me to keep up with this one! FYI I saw your thread on YLTO and came over to check it out.

message 3: by Debra (new)

Amber wrote: "Great idea for a book club! I'm hoping my schedule will allow me to keep up with this one! FYI I saw your thread on YLTO and came over to check it out."

Hey, welcome aboard! Thanks for joining us!

message 4: by Debra (new)

Welcome to all new members. Check out the suggestions for the Aug-Sep group read and let us know what you'd like to read.

Thanks for joining us!

message 5: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Hi Amber,

I'm Colleen. I'm always interested in groups that my favorite authors read. Good idea for a group.

message 6: by Debra (new)

Colleen wrote: "Hi Amber,

I'm Colleen. I'm always interested in groups that my favorite authors read. Good idea for a group."

Thanks for joining us, Colleen!

message 7: by Michele (new)

Michele (micheleruns) | 3 comments Amber,

I am glad you started this up. I just saw it today in the post on Stephen King in another group. I am still working on reading Duma Key. It is good but I came to a slow halt. I have been a fan of Stephen King for many years...his older books are phenomenal.

Michele

message 8: by Debra (last edited Jul 17, 2011 06:09AM) (new)

Hi Michele:

Welcome to the group. My sister, Almeta, and I are the group owners/moderators and we are really excited about it. We are both huge Stephen King fans.

I really enjoyed Duma Key. I know its a big one, but stick with it; I think you will like it.

Hope you can join us on our upcoming group read Last Night in Twisted River.

Debra

message 9: by Debra (new)

Wow, we increased our numbers significantly overnight! We now have 38 members!!! Welcome, everyone, and thanks for joining!

I'm going to add an "Introduce Yourself" thread so we can get to know each other.

Debra

message 10: by Debra (new)

Kyle wrote: "I couldn't have imagined a better book club. I'm telling my family and friends about it. Stephen King is a legend. I'm proud to be part of this."

Way cool! Thanks for joining us!

message 11: by Debra (new)

Since our group has been Featured we have been increasing in numbers significantly. I'm so excited I could burst. Keep spreading the news, everyone. The more the merrier, and the better our discussions!

Thanks to everyone for their support!
Debra

message 12: by Debra (new)

Our time as a Featured Group has ended. Now we will have to continue to grow by word-of-mouth and by folks finding us while searching through the groups. Please extend invitations to your friends, if you think this group might be their cup of tea.

Again, thanks to everyone for joining us!

message 13: by Tom (new)

Tom Mueller | 47 comments Sai King Interview - worth checking out. See http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.c... for more.

message 14: by Yumna (new)

Yumna Butterfield | 1 comments Hi All, I am super excited to be a part of this group. I just got done reading The Sleep Dr. Let me know if you want to borrow it. yumnab99@gmail.com

message 15: by Doreen (new)

Doreen Petersen I have just posted a status update about this group. Hopefully it will convince some of my many Stephen King Fans friends to join.

message 16: by Debra (last edited Oct 31, 2016 02:34PM) (new)

That's wonderful, Manda! Thanks so much.