Goodreads Ireland discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Inactive Discussions > Reading is hard...with a 2 week old!!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keith (new)

Keith Kelly (nedkelly) Wow...i think I've got through about 50 pages in 2 weeks...suddenly my 30 books in a year challenge looks doubtful.

Any suggestions!!!??? :)

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma L (oemmao) audiobooks? im listening to my first one this week, i drive about 2 hours a day lately, so i thought i would try it out, seems to be a help with my goal of books to read this year, hope you and mummy and baby are doing great :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I suppose putting the little tyke up for adoption is out of the quesiton, so perhaps visit your parent's place, "forget" to take the baby when you leave and come back the next day after spending a relatively peaceful night at home reading. Food for thought. Of course, your parents might leave you out of their will....

message 4: by Mae (new)

Mae (goodreadscommae) | 217 comments Lots of magazine articles... that is what I could read when my kids were little. Reading books was what I missed the most when they were little. But truth be told, take your time with them--the kid. Don't miss reading, you will have plenty of time to catch up-- and then you will miss them-- the kids.

message 5: by aprilla (new)

aprilla Audiobooks, hands free & mobile... should work very well, I love them.
But Mae is right too, you'll have plenty of time to catch up, esp through those nights waiting up LOL

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

If nothing else Keith, having children will give you enough experience to actually write a book.

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol Keogh (Goodfellow) (carolgoodfellowkeogh) | 17 comments I agree with Mae and Aprilla, you will not see the time going with a baby, all too soon they are all growed up. Relish this time, when mine were young I was addicted to the Culture section f the Sunday Times to keep me up to date with books. One thing for sure your TBR list will fill up. Enjoy

message 8: by Keith (new)

Keith Kelly (nedkelly) +1 to Audiobooks!!!

It also helps mellow out the screaming! :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.