Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Sort & search options

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura (lwspotts) | 2 comments Is there no way for sorting and searching by format? I was trying to see how many audiobooks I had in my own library, and searches for audio, audio cd, cd, and audiobook produced only a handful of results. Most of the items in my library that fall into that category did not show up in the search results at all. And there doesn't seem to be any way to sort by format. Even if there was no search option, being able to sort by format would take care of the problem.

message 2: by Lisa (last edited Sep 22, 2008 11:03AM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments Laura, Many members create an audiobooks bookshelf and put all the books they listened to or plan to listen to on audio on that shelf. Then, they're very easy to find.

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura (lwspotts) | 2 comments That's what I'm trying to do retroactively, which is why I was wondering about a search function (i.e. keyword search). Otherwise, I have to page through my library and look at each record individually...I was looking for a shortcut.

This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For | 949 comments In the general sense, I agree that there could be a lot of improvement with the search engine. Beyond searching by format, why not the ability to specify author, title, publisher, etc? The general search is great, but an advanced search should allow field specification as well as explicit inclusion/exclusion criteria.