readHERs discussion

Let's Get Started (Schedule)!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by shannon (last edited Jul 07, 2011 06:56AM) (new)

shannon (design_her) | 37 comments Mod
Hey ladies! Today's the day we get started on our first book, The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Hopefully you've had a chance to purchase/download your book, but if not, you still have time!

One of the reasons I decided to start the bookclub was because I haven't read in a while and wanted more structure to keep me on task. Though I know we have a mixture of reading preferences, I decided to make up the schedule for those who were interested.

July 7 - July 14
Chapters 1-6, pages 1-104

July 15 - July 21
Chapters 7-13, pages 105-213

July 22 - July 28
Chapters 14-21, pages 214-332

*July 28, Mid-Way Group Discussion*

July 29 - Aug. 4
Chapters 22-27, pages 333-434

Aug 5 - Aug 11
Chapters 28-34, pages 435-522

*Aug 28, End-of-Book Discussion*

August 12-14
Movie-going weekend

*Aug 18, Movie Review/Book Wrap-up/New Book Disussion*

Of course this schedule is just a guide. You're welcome to read at your own pace. Also, feel free to post a discussion at any time, but make sure the topic you're discussing is not ahead of where the group is scheduled to be reading.

As of now we will do most discussions through this website, however, we may move larger discussions to a chatroom if people have any interest in that. I'll send more info about that soon.

Please let me know if you have any questions/thoughts/suggestions!

Happy Reading!!
-Shannon

message 2: by shannon (new)

shannon (design_her) | 37 comments Mod
Also, please change your "currently reading" book to The Help so I can know who's reading with me. I know a few of you have already read the book.

Thx!