Cyberpunk discussion

Marketing, Beta Readers, Reviews > Dead Dwarves Don't Dance - gritty cyberpunk/tech noir

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Derek (last edited Jul 06, 2011 02:06PM) (new)

Derek (DerekJCanyon) | 2 comments Hi, I'm a new author and I've written a cyberpunk novel, Dead Dwarves Don't Dance. It's gritty and action packed, telling the bloody tale of a genetically engineered dwarf mercenary seeking vengeance in 22nd century Atlanta. If that sounds like a good read to you, check it out and let me know what you think.
Dead Dwarves Don't Dance by Derek J. Canyon

message 2: by Jed (new)

Jed (specklebang) | 33 comments This is so weird. The post just before this triggered me to recommend your book! Sheer coincidence. I loved the 2 Dwarf books! I've been suggesting them to all my hard core, violent friends :-)

Best wishes and please write more.

message 3: by Derek (new)

Derek (DerekJCanyon) | 2 comments Jed, thanks a lot!

I will write the sequel to Dead Dwarves Don't Dance after I finish my current YA sequel. So, I'd expect DDDD2 to be available next year.

Unfortunately, I don't sell enough books to live on, so my day job as a technical writer prevents me from getting more than 2 books out a year.

In case you didn't know, there is another Noose short story in the Twelve Worlds anthology for charity.
Twelve Worlds (science fiction and fantasy anthology) by Derek J. Canyon

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I've added DDDD1 to my 'to-read' list - sounds fun! :)

message 5: by Keith (new)

Keith | 5 comments I saw this recommended for me on Amazon. I'll be picking it up shortly.

message 6: by Molly (new)

Molly (mollyhell) | 12 comments I read the Dwarf books, my review is mostly good and author shows a great deal of promise.

message 7: by Ash (new)

Ash Stirling | 1 comments I've been meaning to read this for a while - it keeps cropping up on Amazon for me (given the similarities to my scribblings.)

Takes me back to playing Shadowrun in the old days - though I was more of a CP2020 player.