Indie and Self-Pub Book Corner discussion

Publishing on Pub It/Nook

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.L. (new)

J.L. (goodreadscomjloakley) | 6 comments I have my novel, TREE SOLDIER, on Kindle and in Createspace but I'm looking at getting it on Nook. I've looked at the Pub It program and wondered about some of things they are asking. It looked like sole rights or I can't do this or that. Would like to hear how writers here got their book on Nook and what I need to do.

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael Scott | 7 comments Use Smashwords.com. This will get your book not only into the Nook, but also available to other e-readers through the Apple I-tunes store, Kobo books, Diesel, Sony (big one!) and yes, Barnes and Noble.

message 3: by Larry (new)

Larry Moniz (larrymoniz) | 98 comments Michael wrote: "Use Smashwords.com. This will get your book not only into the Nook, but also available to other e-readers through the Apple I-tunes store, Kobo books, Diesel, Sony (big one!) and yes, Barnes and No..."

Sorry Michael, but I have to disagree as to the ranking of the EBook distribution lines. First is Amazon, followed by Barnes and Noble. From what I've read in various book industry newsletters, the others are also-rans in that they have a relatively small marketshare. That's this publisher and author's take on the situation.

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Scott | 7 comments Larry wrote: "Michael wrote: "Use Smashwords.com. This will get your book not only into the Nook, but also available to other e-readers through the Apple I-tunes store, Kobo books, Diesel, Sony (big one!) and ye..."

Larry, I wasn't ranking the different e-stores, merely mentioning them. Smashwords will get her book into the Nook. For me personally, I've sold more through Sony than I have through B&N.

message 5: by J.L. (new)

J.L. (goodreadscomjloakley) | 6 comments Is Smashword the only way to get it into e-book form? HTML filtered? Used something like for Kindle.

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Scott | 7 comments Couldn't say, but it worked for me.

message 7: by Tommie (new)

Tommie Lyn | 3 comments Larry, I've sold more ebooks through Amazon...but my next biggest outlet is the Smashwords site. The next biggest is Sony, then Barnes&Noble, then Kobo, all through Smashwords. (My Apple Store sales have been lackluster.)

But there are other perks associated with Smashwords, like, you can set up coupon codes with various discounts, which will allow you to distribute your books to reviewers at no cost. And the reviewer can download the book in whichever format they prefer...Kindle, epub (Nook format), as well as several others. That alone is a huge plus in Smashwords' favor.

And only through Smashwords can you participate in Operation Ebook Drop, which distributes free ebooks to service members who are overseas in harm's way.