Wench Wench question

Love
Reader's Paradise Reader's Jul 06, 2011 06:52AM
What is love?
Do you think it exist between Drayle and Lizzie and if so how is it possible to have love with the dynamic between them?

I am so curious....

Missy

I think that Drayle loved her in a way that isn't "love" in the romantic sense. He loved her because she was a constant in his life; she would always be there because she had no other option. I believe Lizzie loved him in a falsified way as well. She had known no other man and I'm assuming she believed he would actually leave his wife for her. I think the whole love thing between them was tragic and sad because neither one of them would get the kind of love from the other they were looking for considering the circumstances.

The love between Lizzie and Drayle had me going back and forth. I do believe that he loved Lizzie and that was the reason he just couldn't part with her and the children. However, he loved her like one would love a new car, a house, or a pet with the expectation that everything had a place, even his love for his slave.

I agree with the above, Drayle had no love for Lizzie he just wanted to posses her and exerct his power over her. He seemed to enjoy the fact that he had complete control over her like the kind of realtionship a owner has over his dog..it really was sick and disturbing. I will say it wasnt as bad as Tip and Sir's relationship with Reenie and Mauw but still sick.

Ang Tip & Sir were ruthless.
Feb 18, 2013 03:25PM · flag

What about the love she had for him?

Just the other day a friend and I were talking about this "LOVE" Lizzy had for Drayle. I think she had not known any other love, so this preverted her view of what love is.

Drayle didn't love Lizzie any more than he loved his favorite pair of shoes. Like Nakia said, she had a place in his life, but that is not real love.

Reader's wrote: "What is love?
Do you think it exist between Drayle and Lizzie and if so how is it possible to have love with the dynamic between them?

I am so curious....

Missy"

I'm not sure I'd call what they had love. When you truly love someone with all your heart you must trust them above all. You should not want to possess them. He owned her in every way. This was much more about his selfish needs than openly loving her. He wanted her when he wanted her. That simple.

deleted user Agreed!! I think Lizzie saw it for what it was as well as time passed with the way he treated her (tying her up, "taking" her when he felt like it, wh ...more
Jul 02, 2013 12:53PM · flag