Zombies! discussion

Self-Promotion > Walking with Zombie

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ian (new)

Ian Woodhead | 15 comments Hi, Folks.
My latest story has now reached the first draft stage. The cover has already been completed. I thought I'd share the image with you. I hope you like it.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b86...

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott Baker | 84 comments Awesome cover! Can't wait to read the book.

message 3: by Steve (new)

Steve Chaput (stevec50) | 139 comments I'm strangely reminded of San Diego during Comic Con. :-)

message 4: by Ian (new)

message 5: by Joy (new)

Joy Killar (joykillar) | 23 comments Synopsis:
This is the tale of one night at the North Council Estate’s Stockhlom Club as zombies run rampant outside the doors. Staff and patrons try to maintain “business as usual” but there is no way to ignore the moans of the undead for long!

Ian Woodhead’s “Walking With Zombies” continues the saga of the Northern Council Estate, a small urban district in Britain. While the first novel, “The Unwashed Dead” covered more territory of the estate, this one is written so a majority of the plot is contained in a restaurant/bar called The Stolkholm Club. The time span is short as well, one evening. These factors contribute to a very tight knit group of characters where the volatile action ignites like a Molotov. The reader is never sure which is worse, the situation inside the club or the zombie menace outside!

Fast paced with a truly great cast of characters, I thought the entire time I was reading that this should be scripted as a play or a show. Perhaps this is due to being primarily in one location but I also think the characters came so alive and had such realistic relationships. The incredible attention Mr. Woodhead pays to expressing his characters internal thoughts and emotions is impressive.

Ian has established himself as a creative wizard and fans will appreciate this sequel. I am looking forward to the third in this series and I have no idea how he will outdo himself! I would also like to pay homage to the fantastic cover art created by Peter Fussey. Another genius in the field it was fitting he should join forces with Ian Woodhead on this project.

message 6: by Ian (new)

Ian Woodhead | 15 comments Thanks, Joy!

message 7: by Will (new)

Will Granger | 8 comments Very nice job on the cover. What software did you use to create it?

Gladitorium Immortuos by Will Granger