CLEAN Roleplays discussion

Wolves > Roleplay

Comments Showing 1-50 of 116 (116 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Lizzy, call me crazy and be done with it. (new)

Lizzy | 2586 comments Mod
((once you've made a character, go ahead!))

message 2: by Ana (new)

Ana Morris Jade hurled himself onto his prey baring his teeth into his food.

message 3: by Axela (new)

Axela Tamika stalked around carefully, avoiding markers. She heard a noisy lunge and a bite, and her mouth flooded with saliva. She hadn't been hunting well because of her new obsession with this Pack...

Trying to be soundless, she cautiously padded to where the noise had come from, using her talent for tracking with her ears as all wolves did. She kept to the brush, hoping to hide, and hoping with all of her might that the prey was large and she could scavenge the scraps.

She crept closer to the edge of her cover in the underbrush and slowly pushed her nose into sight, breathing deeply, trying to figure out what it was around all the blood-scent. She closed her eyes, and got so lost in her analysis she didn't notice herself leaning out of the brush.

message 4: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments Gyra was hunting with a few of her pack. They had been following the trail for a short while. Then she could see it. A young male deer, grazing in a grassy clearing. She motioned to her pack to slowly surround the animal. Gyra crept forward, paws padding silently over the ground. A few more steps...
Gyra gave a signal, and the wolves burst into the clearing. Some bit the deer's back legs, while others surrounded the front. Gyra pushed with her strong back legs and lunged for the animals neck. She sank her teeth in, feeling the taste if blood in her mouth. The buck collapsed under the weight of the furry bodies. Gyra kept her teeth clamped firmly on the animal's neck until it's legs stopped moving and it laid still.

message 5: by Axela (new)

Axela Tamika snapped back to herself with a noisy stumbling step back into the bush and ran away, afraid of being seen as a scavenging jackal. As soon as she had halted and her heart had calmed, a wave of shame washed over her. In her mind sprung up an image of a flighty Jackal, wary and wise, foolish and careless. In her mind the Jackal morphed into her. She shook her head to clear it and started to move again, hoping not to be seen. She bent her head and lowered her ears, padding slowly forward with a sigh and then lifting her head. She had to find something for herself to hunt. She was getting too hungry. No wolf should ever be this way because of their own fault. She inhaled deeply, taking in several different scents at once and trying to decipher the information so she could follow the scents.

The loud wail of an injured deer made her jump. Her ears pricked, her blood raced; she felt the rush of a distant hunt seep into her veins. Already slightly stimulated from the other kill she'd seen, her instincts took over. Her mind went black and she rushed toward the sound, hearing many wolves attacking and killing the thing while her feet pounded the earth benath her. The cry died slowly right before she arrived and her feet slowed to match. Her mind still fading back to consciousness, she unknowingly continued to stalk forward. Before she knew it, she was in the open.

She quickly compensated her posture and stopped, her head, ears, and tail lowering and a soft whine slipping between her teeth. She looked at the floor, silently asking politely to either have an audience with the leader there or to join to meal. Neither of which seemed likely, but her hunger had driven her this far and she wasn't about to run away again. Not unless they chased her off.

message 6: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (last edited Oct 03, 2011 05:18PM) (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments Gyra turned suddenly, her hackles raised, and a low growl rose in her throat. She purposely stalked forward and stopped in front of Tamika. She bared her teeth as if to say, 'What are you doing here?'

message 7: by Axela (last edited Oct 05, 2011 09:48AM) (new)

Axela Tamika crouched low, close to the ground, looking away as obviously as possible. Slowly and without showing her fangs, she licked her teeth several times. Her foot pawed the ground once and her tail tucked closer to her belly. She paused slightly between each action, allowing each one to represent its own meaning.

'I'm sorry. I am hungry. I ran here. I mean no harm.' She shook her head minutely. 'I don't know what I was thinking.' She whined again, this time loud enough to know the leaderess heard. 'I'm sorry,' her actions repeated.

There was a strange, smooth flow through each of the motions, her postures slightly off from the way the leaderess stood. She hoped the she-wolf wouldn't notice her wolfen version of an accent, or mistake it for disrespect.

message 8: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments Gyra looked at Tamika strangely for a moment and gave her a slight nod. She stopped baring her teeth, and her fur flattened. She turned to her pack walked towards them. She started eating the deer and her pack did the same, and even though Gyra gave Tamika no acknowledgement, she didn't chase her off.

message 9: by Axela (new)

Axela Tamika rose slightly so she could walk and paced two steps closer, giving a half-sigh, half-whine to get the leaderess' attention. 'May I join you?'

message 10: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments Gyra raised her head and licked her lips. She gave a slight bow, to say, 'You may.'

message 11: by Axela (last edited Oct 07, 2011 09:05AM) (new)

Axela With her head still down and a happy yip, Tamika strode quickly toward the feeding pack. She tried to look for somewhere to join in, but the wolves were tightly packed around the kill. She begged the nearest wolf let her in, crouching close and attempting to lick their face in a 'Care for me, let me in' gesture.

message 12: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments The wolf snapped at Tamika and growled. It went back to eating. Another wolf glanced at Tamika sympathetically.

message 13: by Axela (new)

Axela Tamika skittered away from the hostile creature, shot the other wolf a look of distress, and padded over, slower than she had with the first wolf. Tentatively she tried the same tactic. 'Care for me, let me in?'

message 14: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (last edited Oct 12, 2011 02:12PM) (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments The wolf paused, and tore off a bone with some meat on it. The wolf was thinner than the others, and every once in a while another wolf growled at it. The wolf tossed the bone to Tamika and wagged it's tail slowly.

message 15: by Axela (new)

Axela Tamika caught the bone enthusiastically and leapt sideways away from the pack with her small prize. Her tail swished back and forth quickly in answer to the kind wolf, thanking them. She lay down some distance away and tore the meat off with her incisors, eating quickly in case any of the others had an objection to even this small share. She licked the bone clean once the meat was gone. When it was completely white and she was sure there was nothing else on it, she picked it up. She had an idea, one that would thank the poor wolf who was too thin, that everyone growled at.

She took it slowly back into the thick of things and nudged the giver's flank with the end of the bone. Knowing this would get the wolf's attention, she cracked it with three powerful crunches, revealing the delicacy of marrow inside. She dropped it on the ground and backed away.

'Thanks so much. You can have what is left.'

Now in no way was she satisfied, but she figured it better to make friends with the creature than to walk all over it. If she had to climb the ranks she would, but later, when she was completely accepted into the pack and no one would drive her off for acting a bully.

message 16: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments The wolf wagged it's tail happily and bowed in a thankful gesture. It took the bones and sucked out all the marrow until the bones were completely clean. It bowed again to express it's gratitude. A short while later, the other wolves finished eating.

message 17: by Axela (last edited Oct 14, 2011 05:43AM) (new)

Axela As the pack wandered away from the kill to find a comfy spot to lie and sleep, Tamika slowly crept toward it, sniffing for scraps that she could scavenge. She was tentative, though, because as far she she knew, these five wolves had five different personalities, and at leaast one of them was not very friendly...

She waited until all the wolves were lying down to even touch the kill, but started wolfing the food immediately in case some decided they were really not too lazy to get up and chase her off. All other reason left her mind as she focused all of her energy on scraping scraps of meat off of bones and off of skin.

message 18: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments The other wolf snuggled in a small gap under a tree and gave a small yawn. Gyra rested with her head on her paws, her eyes closed.

message 19: by Axela (new)

Axela Tamika managed to make a decent meal of the scraps, filling her belly but not being able to gorge as she'd have liked.

Without hesitation, now, knowing the wolf was friendly, she padded over to the wolf who'd shared a bone with her. Not wanting to disturb them, she lay down a few inches away despite desperately wanting to snuggle close. She hoped the noise she made lying down would be enough to catch the tired wolf's attention. She stayed very still. 'May I lie here if I don't touch you or make any noise?'

message 20: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments The wolf opened it's eyes and blinked. It scooted back to make room for Tamika, meaning. Yes, you can lie here.

message 21: by Axela (new)

Axela Relaxing slowly, Tamika let her eyes flutter closed. Full-fed, a wolf by her side, and the possibility of being accepted into a pack had left her feeling blissful. With a soft, slow sigh, Tamika's concsiousness drifted away and she quietly drifted off to sleep.

message 22: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments The other wolf watched Tamika for a moment, then looked at the other wolves in the clearing settling down to rest. After a while he closed his eyes and eventually fell asleep.

message 23: by Axela (last edited Oct 18, 2011 09:32AM) (new)

Axela When Tamika awoke again, the sun was low in the sky. It could have been setting or rising, but Tamika had no clue. She only knew the sun was sinking by the orangey-red glow filtering through her lashes as she blinked sleepily. Her brain was fuzzy from her deep, dreamless sleep, so she had no idea if the wolves had gotten up and/or left her yet. Nor did she really care, because her mind couldn't focus enough to conjure up emotions.

message 24: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments The wolf nudged Tamika quickly, giving a low whine. It looked up, and motioned towards the trees. The wolves were quickly dispersing, not even paying attention to Tamika and the other wolf. It whined again.

message 25: by Axela (new)

Axela Tamika rose immedately and shook, trying to eradicate the groggy feeling. When she stood upright, she was taller than the kind friend she had made, she noticed. Bowing her head quickly, she started off at a slow trot towards the wolves in the trees, holding her tail straight out and looking back at the wolf before continuing after the Pack.

message 26: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (last edited Oct 19, 2011 01:36PM) (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments The wolf gave a small yawn and ran after Tamika, quickly catching up with the Pack. Gyra was leading, raisiing her head to sniff the air every few paces.

message 27: by Axela (new)

Axela Tamika stayed at the back of the line, gently nosing her friend in front of her. She pictured many different places where the leaderess could be leading her that took such careful navigation, but she couldn't guess which one it was, so she gave up and resigned to being a good Pack wolf and making sure she established herself as below all the others.

message 28: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments The wolf glanced back at Tamika every once in a while to make sure she was catching up. Soon Gyra led the Pack to a small stream. She swiftly crossed the rocks. Near the middle of the stream, she glanced back at her pack and quickly finished the cross, pausing to take a few sips of water. Next came the mean wolf that had snapped at Tamika, then a pretty silver wolf. One more wolf crossed, then it was Tamika and the other wolf's turn.

message 29: by Axela (new)

Axela Tamika carefully picked her way across the stream, splaying her feet slightly to get friction on the slippery rocks, and made it safely across. As she had waited for the wolves to cross ahead of her, she had roughly made out the pecking order and given each wolf a name: The leaderess, Moonshimmer for her coat; the second, meaner wolf she called Snapfang; the other silver-furred wolf she christened Starpelt; the next was Quickstep, for their agility, and her friend she called merely Kindheart. These were the kinds of temporary names she gave everywolf before they barked an order and made their name known through the tone of their voice. Tamika was good at picking up names through tones, somehow a good judge of character.

message 30: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments The wolf stepped onto the first stone and was soon across. The Pack then followed Gyra once more as she led the way around a thron thicket and through the trees.
((Where should they be going? I'm not sure..))

message 31: by Axela (new)

Axela ((Do you have a Pack to get back to? Or a rendevous site where there are pups and a babysitter waiting? Or are we merely wandering out of boredom? Is there a Seer to look for, an ancient prophecy to find so we can decipher it? Wheteve you want, really. Personally, I think we should get creative with it. You could also be looking for a place to den, or a place for the Pack to stay, and if we go far enough, we can run into Tamika's old home. Anywhere you want to go, we can.))

message 32: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments ((Thanks! I think I'll go with your idea of finding a place for the Pack to stay.))
Gyra jogged over a small hill and waited for her Pack to catch up. She stared at the mountains in the distance. She still had a feeling of awe at their size, even though she had seen them before.

message 33: by Axela (new)

Axela Tamika broke the ranking order and jogged to Moonshimmer's side. She waved off Snapfang's retort with her tail, and stood directly side by side with the silver wolf. Following her Leaderess' gaze, she looked toward the mountains, appreciating them and the power they commanded. Something at the back of her mind, a far-off memory demanding to be called back, nagged at her mind, but she couldn't figure out exactly what it was that begged her attention. She shook her fur lightly and looked at the leaderess, nodding her head sideways to indicate the plain that stretched toward the mountain range. Is that where we're going? she asked, and lowered her ears. Before the leaderess could answer, she raised her head and let a short, quiet, timid howl through her lips.

An image flashed through her mind's eye and she started, cutting off mid-howl. The exact mountain range in front of her, but... backwards... somehow. How would she see...? Tamika's eyes widened. Her mind saw her lonely black figure walking down the mountain and across the plain. I come from the mountain.

message 34: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (last edited Oct 28, 2011 01:45PM) (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments Gyra turned towards Tamika and blinked, unsure of how to react to the low ranking wolf. Then she nodded, and barked a call for the Pack to follow her.

message 35: by Axela (new)

Axela Tamika raised her tail to back height and thrashed it back and forth wildly. I'm going home! She bounced forward several paces and looked back, excited to see familiar territory again.

message 36: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (last edited Nov 01, 2011 02:00PM) (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments The Pack quickly walked forward. Snapfang shoved in front of Tamika and bared his teeth at her. Gyra led her pack into a run. Exhilaration rushed through the Pack at the excitement of new territory.

message 37: by Axela (last edited Nov 02, 2011 08:29AM) (new)

Axela Tamika gratefully followed into the run, lengthening her strides until she was beside Snapfang and stuck her leg out, tripping him. She opened her mouth and panted as she ran ahead of him, her tongue hanging out the side ofher mouth playfully, but she knew the importance of her decision. She's going to be above Snapfang if ever she can help it. No one likes a bully.

message 38: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments Snapfang yelped and stumbled. Gyra glanced back and snorted, and one of the other wolves huffed in a sort of laugh. Tamika's friend, or Kindheart, glanced at Tamika playfully, panting slightly now that they were running.

message 39: by Axela (new)

Axela Tamika glanced with bright eyes at Kindheart. With a small huff of a laugh, she raised her head and howled, long and loud, the tone bouncing with her movements but still somehow graceful. When her song ended she realized she had run nearly beside Moonshimmer, where she definitely did not belong. She shortened her strides and quickened her step to slow herself down a bit.

((Can you help me out? Sooner or later someone's going to howl with me--can you give me the names of your Pack members so I don't have to take over and give someone a name you don't like?))

message 40: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (last edited Nov 09, 2011 01:00PM) (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments ((Sure. Um, Kindheart is Jay, Snapfang is.. I don't care, maybe Flint, 'cause he's mean. I don't care what Starpelt's name is, or Quickstep.))

message 41: by Axela (new)

Axela ((Okay, thanks. I'll look up some cool names for them now. It's your turn to roleplay, by the way.))

message 42: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments ((Oh yeah.))

Jay looked at Tamika with somewhat a smile. If a wolf could smile. He ran up next to her. After another few strides of running he grew closer to Tamika, his blue eyes shining.

message 43: by Axela (new)

Axela Tamika lit her eyes up and jerked her head upwards, putting her mouth in the position to howl but n ot actually making any noise. When her head fell back down her tongue was hanging out the side of her mouth. Howl with me!

message 44: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (last edited Nov 10, 2011 01:53PM) (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments Jay nodded, his eyes shining, and raised his head to the sky. He gave a loud, low howl. As he howled he remembered his previous Pack, and how he had howled with them too. He felt a twinge of sadness.

message 45: by Axela (new)

Axela Jay! The name sounded in Tamika's head, and she raised her head and howled in a perfect, high-pitched harmony with Jay, letting her song fade slowly. A quick jump and a bark later, she nudged Jay with her shoulder gently, and--in her own wolfish way--she smiled. She was so happy to have a friend! And a friend that would run with her, sing with her, and follow her to her home! :D

message 46: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments ((Hehe (: ))
Jay wagged his tail vigorously after the howling ended. He turned and nudged Tamika, then gestured to the mountains. They were closer! Jay could see the snow-capped peaks in the distance. Gyra began to slow down, and the Pack came to a stop for a rest.

message 47: by Axela (new)

Axela Tamika, although pretty much run out and panting heavily, didn't want to stop. She longed for the wooded hills and the river valley that had once been her home. Still, she plopped down to rest with the rest of the Pack. She thumped her tail repeatedly at random intervals asa different happy memories of her Pack flitted through her mind.

message 48: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments Jay collapsed and lay on his side, panting heavily. His tail wagged slowly. He thought of his previous Pack again, then pushed the memories away. He lay for a few more seconds, and his toungue lolled out the side of his mouth as he stood, surveying his surroundings. The Pack was in a grassy area, with a few trees every few yards. Jay glanced at the members of the Pack. Gyra was stretching in the grass ahead. Snapfang was in his usual mood, glaring and growling at the lower ranked wolves, who mostly ignored him. Starpelt was watching a beetle crawl across a grass stem, her tail brushing the ground as she wagged it. Quickstep was sharpening his claws on a wide tree.

message 49: by Axela (new)

Axela Tamika opened her eyes, looking around at the Pack, hoping this was an okay opportunity to make friends. She looked around. Snapfang was a lost cause, Moonshimmer, well, she was the leaderess and Tamika would have to climb the ranks before she could even really speak to her... Quickstep was busy sharpening his claws and didn't look like he'd take well to being disturbed... Starpelt ws the only one that looke dlike they wouldn't mind. Tamika stood quietly and stalked the beetle that Starpelt was watching. She walked up in front of the wolf and beetle and batted at the bug playfully, pinning it helplessly beneath her paw. She let her eyes shine in a smile as she bent her head down and looked in Starpelt's eyes. Tamika's golden eyes locked on hers, as respectively as possible and genuinely happy.

message 50: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 83 comments Starpelt blinked, faintly surprised that this low ranked wolf would come and speak to her. She sat up, giving a small yip. After a moment she wagged her tail and batted the grass before Tamika playfully. Pausing, she turned and, collecting some moss, she quickly tossed it to Tamika, a playfull look in her eyes. She gave another small yip.

« previous 1 3