Chicks On Lit discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Voting Closed

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
It's that time again. We actually had a better voting turnout than I expected for August. YAY!
I think something was learned through that experiment that I am going to go with again.
IF we have enough interest we will do 2 books in September. I am going to measure interest by how many votes there are. If there are more than 40 votes we will do two books. We had over 40 votes last time so I think that will be a good watermark for September.

Nominate here. Please do NOT discuss or second nominations here.

Read this post before you nominated how this works
Thanks,
~ T

message 6: by Kiana (new)

Kiana Davenport | 51 comments Hi...I recommend a book thats been out since 1997. But I love to reread beautiful brilliant novels. DREAMS OF MY RUSSIAN SUMMERS, by Andrei Makine. It was a bestseller and loved by millions and some of you must know it. Written by a Frenchman (who's really Russian) remembering summers spent with his Russian grandmother (who's really French). Its a memoir and a great love story and it covers a woman's life through most of the 20th century in Russia and the grand boulevards of France. He's written other novels but start with this one. Happy Reading!
Kiana Davenport, Author

message 11: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
btt

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.