Fantasy Aficionados discussion

Information Station > What this folder is for

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments The information Station folder is where we can place all important information that a member might want to access again at a later date.

This is a great place for:

Rare Books
Unusual Book information
Promotion codes
Free Books/Free book codes
New book information
How To’s
Basic “In thread” & “in group” technical support
New and recently changed/adjusted book release dates
Ebook reader/device hacks
Calibre help and assistance

Please feel free to start threads that information that either you or your fellow FA members would love to have on hand!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Ohhhh.

I thought it'd be like Conjunction Junction.

Now I am dissapoint.

message 3: by Maggie (new)

Maggie K | 730 comments What's your function, Ala?

message 4: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments Ala, ever heard of consumption junction?

*waits*

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

My Admiral Ackbar sense is tingling...

message 6: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Hmmm... I spot a Star Wars and Spiderman reference in there...

message 7: by Chris (new)

Chris Perry (promethius) | 16 comments I have a question, and I'm not sure where it goes.

If I were to start a thread titled "Searcher's Quest" and used it to have people in the group who are wanting help in finding a specific book, series, or author receive said aid, would that go under this folder?

This is more along the lines of not knowing the title, or looking for something related to/along the lines of (insert requested characteristics).

Ex. I for one have a book that I've been searching for in vain for years and I'm not sure the specific title. I can describe the cover, and a general idea of what the title might have been.

Where would I go to make this happen in this group? Or is there already something delegated for this and I just didn't see it/misunderstood it?

message 8: by carol., Senor Crabbypants (new)

carol. | 2616 comments FYI, I think there is also a GR group devoted to such book quests...

I think the last person who was looking for help posted in "reading recommendations."