Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Looking for new PRN series

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lambros (last edited Jul 06, 2011 04:05AM) (new)

Lambros Fouloulis Hi I'm looking for a new paranormal romance series but i don't want it to have an intense cover like the ones of BDB. It could be something like City of Bones City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare

Also i'd like to know how to put a cover of the book instead of link and if there is any way to know if the books have been translated yet,ot being translated to my language (greek).

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments So you want a PNR that doesn't have a bad cover? Is that what you are saying?
The Night Huntress series by Jeanine Frost is awesome and all the covers are low key. Same with the Chicagoland Vampire series by Chloe Neill.

message 3: by ൠSinful (new)

ൠSinful  (sinful) | 118 comments Lambros
To put a cover of a book you click on the "add book/author" words that are to the top right of the comment box you type in. To make the cover show up make sure to look at the bottom where it says "add link/cover" and click the circle by cover. Then type in the title of the book or author, find the book you want to display, and click add.

It will show up in the comment box as gibberish but when it posts to the thread it will be the cover photo and it also works as a link to the book information here on GR.

message 4: by ൠSinful (new)

ൠSinful  (sinful) | 118 comments BTW- I just read Changeling Moon by Dani Harper Changeling Moon by Dani Harper . I liked it and it had a PG cover. If covers keep you from reading what you want, you should think about buying a Kindle or Nook.

When I first discovered GR I went through the listopia best of PNR lists and read all of the top 100. Then I started scanning the challenge thread. When I saw a book show up over and over on different people's threads I knew it was one to check out. The participants often put the book covers under the list of books they are going to read for the challenge. Look for repeating covers that catch your eye.

message 5: by Lisa M (last edited Jul 05, 2011 11:02AM) (new)

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 248 comments The SOS Group has a list of the Best of Paranormal Romance, though you'll have to check the covers yourself. It's at:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/3...
A good series with tame covers is Midnight Breeds. The first book is Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian
You might not find the Dark-Hunter covers offensive. The prequel is Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #0.5 Prequel) by Sherrilyn Kenyon . The first book is Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
The Wing Slayer Hunters series features birds:
Blood Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #1) by Jennifer Lyon
I also suggest that you get an e-reader if you don't want anyone to see the cover of what you're reading. You're missing out on a lot of good books if you're judging a book by its cover. ;-)

message 6: by Boba (new)

Boba (luxuriah) | 3 comments try reading wolves of mercy fall

message 7: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Some good teen PNR to try (similar to Mortal Instruments):

Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine Infinity (Chronicles of Nick #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Intertwined (Intertwined, #1) by Gena Showalter Generation Dead (Generation Dead, #1) by Daniel Waters Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (Jessica, #1) by Beth Fantaskey The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent

If they aren't in Greek, you could try in English. Teen books are great if your first language isn't English.

NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save the Reviews  (nhaughtyv) | 81 comments Will agree that the Infinity (Chronicles of Nick #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Invincible (Chronicles of Nick #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Infamous (Chronicles of Nick, #3)  by Sherrilyn Kenyon is a great series (BTW, the third hasn't been released yet, but I can't wait!!!)