Writers and Readers discussion

Reading Room > Please help me in my research!

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tequilasunrise (new)

Tequilasunrise | 13 comments Hi, I'm a Polish student and I conduct a small research for my M.A. thesis that aims to check which tranlstion attempts of a given historical/cultural text is more suitable for English speaking readers. For the purpose of this research I have a short (15 minute) survey providing respondents with some excerpts in two translation versions and all I need it to get to know which suits the reader more. I really need your help with that as I have to collect almost 80 copies... If anyone is willing to help me, let me know and I will provide you with either a link to the survey, mail or I will copy paste it as a message here.

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul Jones (paulantonyjones) | 32 comments Hi TequilaSunrise (My favorite drink by the way :) )

Feel free to send me a link to your survey.

PAUL

message 3: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Anagha Uppal I'd be happy to help :) PM me.

message 4: by Tequilasunrise (new)

Tequilasunrise | 13 comments http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersu... here is the link

thank you very much for the response, you're saving my academic career:)

message 5: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 98 comments I will be happy to help! Feel free to send me the survey here or at amy@journalstone.com

message 6: by Tequilasunrise (new)

Tequilasunrise | 13 comments emil is sent! thank you so much!

message 7: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (penewcomb) Tequilasunrise wrote: "Hi, I'm a Polish student and I conduct a small research for my M.A. thesis that aims to check which tranlstion attempts of a given historical/cultural text is more suitable for English speaking rea..."

i am happy to read and respond for your research.
you can send the link to my email: glyphgraphics@gmail.com

message 8: by Lexi (new)

Lexi Revellian (lexirevellian) | 43 comments I'll do it: lexi14@hotmail.com.

Lexi

message 9: by Tequilasunrise (last edited Jul 08, 2011 02:43PM) (new)

Tequilasunrise | 13 comments I just sent you emails:) thanks a lot!

message 10: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 98 comments You will have to let us know if you reach your 80!! :)

message 11: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 98 comments You can post this in my other group too, if you would like. There are an additional 600 people you could draw from! :)

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/4...

message 12: by Tequilasunrise (new)

Tequilasunrise | 13 comments of course I will:) you are the great part of the project anyway and you have a great right to know:)
thank you for information:)

message 13: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 46 comments Yep, send me a PM and I will be happy to help.

Splitter

message 14: by Tequilasunrise (new)

Tequilasunrise | 13 comments thank you so much! I messaged you both:)

message 15: by Tequilasunrise (new)

Tequilasunrise | 13 comments hi guys, I collect more and more responds but I still need about 20 of them, please, if you have 15-20 minutes to fill out the survey and send me your answers that would be the gratest help I could get...

message 16: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 46 comments Done! PM sent.

Splitter

message 17: by Tequilasunrise (new)

Tequilasunrise | 13 comments I received it! thank you so much!

message 18: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (bookishevents) Ok so I clicked on the survey link but I didn't see where you could actually answer.

message 19: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 46 comments Jenn,

You have to send him the answers in a PM or via email.

Splitter

message 20: by Tequilasunrise (new)

Tequilasunrise | 13 comments oh I forgot to tell you! this is the main drwaback of free online surveys that you cannot put your answers online (I would have to pay for that) can you send them as a pm or on my email tequila4sunrise2003@yahoo.com , please?

message 21: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 98 comments It really is a quick and painless survey! If you haven't offered to help yet, be a peach and donate about 15 minutes of your time to help out! :)

message 22: by Tequilasunrise (new)

Tequilasunrise | 13 comments thank you Amy :)

message 23: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 98 comments Did you ever get all of the helpers you needed?

message 24: by Tequilasunrise (new)

Tequilasunrise | 13 comments I still need about 20

message 25: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 98 comments Maybe try reposting this in my group again, I have some new members, maybe you can get a few more!!

message 26: by Tequilasunrise (new)

Tequilasunrise | 13 comments thank you for your advise!:)

message 27: by Tequilasunrise (new)

Tequilasunrise | 13 comments As I finished collecting data for my thesis I want to thank everybody who participaded in my project and helped me. But for you I could have done nothing! Thank you all once again and I wish you all the best!