Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group discussion

Introduce yourself via new topic > Please help me in my research!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tequilasunrise (new)

Tequilasunrise | 6 comments Hi, I'm a Polish student and I conduct a small research for my M.A. thesis that aims to check which tranlstion attempts of a given historical/cultural text is more suitable for English speaking readers. For the purpose of this research I have a short (15 minute) survey providing respondents with some excerpts in two translation versions and all I need it to get to know which suits the reader more. I really need your help with that as I have to collect almost 80 copies... If anyone is willing to help me, let me know and I will provide you with either a link to the survey, mail or I will copy paste it as a message here.

message 2: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Jul 05, 2011 05:04PM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Hello Tequilasunrise. If you post the link here, that should be enough for anyone who wants to follow up. Good luck with your survey.

message 3: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Tequilasunrise wrote: "... unfortunately answers can't be typed online..."

Good luck with your survey.

message 4: by Arnie (new)

Arnie Harris | 185 comments Cowboys vs Aliens, eh?

As Gore vidal said on another such occasion,

"We're no longer scraping the bottom of the barrel, now we're scraping the TOP of the barrel!"

message 5: by Tequilasunrise (new)

Tequilasunrise | 6 comments thank to all of you I collected 20 copies in a week! that's awesome! But I still have to get at least 60 so, please ... :)

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4050 comments Send it to me, I'll do it.

message 7: by Tequilasunrise (new)

Tequilasunrise | 6 comments As I finished collecting data for my thesis I want to thank everybody who participaded in my project and helped me. But for you I could have done nothing! Thank you all once again and I wish you all the best!

message 8: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Glad to hear it worked out for you!