NaNoWriMo discussion

Why?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (nocturnal_owlette) Why do you do Nanowrimo? Or any other forms of nanowirmo?

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily (azara3) | 5 comments Not to discredit Nanowrimo or anything, but it's a gimmick. It's basically an excuse to spend scary amounts of time in front of a computer writing. It's a reason for struggling writers to finally take that golden idea off the back-burners. It's a push for established writers to meet their deadlines. It's competitive, it's inspiring, it's salvation, and it's just a whole lot of fun when you finally break down that detestable wall that is Writer's Block. For me, it's everything a potentially serious writer could want.

message 3: by Petunia (last edited Jul 05, 2011 03:25PM) (new)

Petunia | 20 comments Mod
I love it seriously just because of the sense of accomplishment I get from writing a novel. Even if its a bad one. :D

message 4: by Cari (new)

Cari (prettydemons) | 1 comments " It's competitive, it's inspiring, it's salvation, and it's just a whole lot of fun...

This. Exactly!

It's multi-faceted, it helps break down the habit of procrastination, and at the end, there's a product, something you can point to and be proud of, even if it's bad.

And yeah...it's just a heck of a lot of fun. :)