Nobel Prize Winners discussion

Discussion Archive > Next Group Read from 25th July

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Please can we have nominations for our next group read - to start from 25th July.

message 2: by Lauli (new)

Lauli Hi. Sorry I haven't chipped in before, I've just moved and have no internet access yet, which is tragic.
What about John Steinbeck? We could read something short by him, like Cannery Row or Of Mice and Men.
I would also like to read Gunter Grass, especially The Tin Drum, which is pending business for me.
But as usual, I'll go along with whatever the group chooses as long as it's available.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hm... it's years since I read any Steinbeck and I certainly wouldn't mind re-reading The Tin Drum. I still feel we ought to do another Vargas Llosa sometime before the next laureate is announced.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth I have tons of Llosa and Lessing on my shelves. I would love to get through a few more of them.

message 5: by Lauli (new)

Lauli I've never read anything by Lessing. I'm intrigued by The Golden Notebook

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

The Poll is up, I think I have reflected the nominations received and it's an ecclectic bunch. Please vote by Sunday next.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

OK, Cannery Row it is. I have to confess I've never read it, so I'm going to enjoy casting a critical eye over the work of an author I haven't read since my teens.

message 8: by Lauli (new)

Lauli Love Steinbeck! I hope this is as good as his other stuff I've read.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

A piece of Steinbeck trivia to get you in the mood.

message 10: by Lauli (new)

Lauli David (Dafydd) wrote: "A piece of Steinbeck trivia to get you in the mood."

Nice!