What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Французская фантастическая проза
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. French sci-fi - alien experiements on humans and arising misunderstandings [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karina (last edited Jul 03, 2011 10:55PM) (new) - added it

Karina (camomiletea) | 12 comments No idea when this might have been actually written, since this was a book my mom had on the shelf and I'd picked up and read. Furthermore it was actually a collection of several French sci-fi novellettes (or even shorts) and one novel-length piece, IIRC. The particular item I'm thinking of was probably the longer piece, not a short story.

This was a translation to Russian, and this is a French sci-fi, so I don't even know if it was ever translated in English which may complicate finding it.

The plot was that some aliens experimented on humans, trying to determine if we are intelligent, but every time misinterpreting the results, making us out to be fairly dumb, relying on instincts or even sometimes lacking certain instincts.

(view spoiler)

message 2: by Karina (last edited Jul 04, 2011 12:57AM) (new) - added it

Karina (camomiletea) | 12 comments I found it by looking for the Russian translation. Duh.

André Maurois - La Vie des hommes
Андрэ Моруа - Из "Жизни людей"

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Hmm. I can't find an exact match at Goodreads.

If anyone can find and post a link here or find and shelve, it will be much appreciated. Thanks.

message 4: by Karina (new) - added it

Karina (camomiletea) | 12 comments I manually added the exact book to Goodreads, and shelved.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Karina wrote: "I manually added the exact book to Goodreads, and shelved."

Thank you, Karina.