Amazon Kindle discussion

Device Related > More Than One Kindle?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Betsy (last edited Jul 03, 2011 06:50PM) (new)

Betsy Several people have mentioned in comments having more than one Kindle. So I got curious.

How many of you have more than one Kindle? Do you continue to use both/all of them?

I had a K1 for years until last month when I finally got a K3. I was originally thinking about giving my K1 to a friend or family member, then I discovered I couldn't transfer the samples I had on it, and I reconsidered transferring all the books that I had already read. Why not keep the K1 as backup and storage for all those books, and use it when I want to re-read or transfer a particular book?

What are others of you doing?

message 2: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 266 comments I still have my old kobo reader and I still read on it.

Awesomevegan (AKA JenReads) (awesomevegan) | 109 comments I don't have 2 Kindles but I do have a Kindle 1 and a Sony Pocket. The Sony is great for carrying in my purse since it is much smaller (the Kindle 1 was so big compared to the new ones and the Sony Pocket!) I still read my Kindle books on my K1 but use the Sony for library books and classics (also got some freebies on both). It really depends on what book I want to read. I have a lot of books I have already bought on my Kindle and haven't read yet.

When I get a new one I will either keep the old one as a backup or give it to my boyfriend or a family member.

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 243 comments I have two K3's. One regular WiFi only, and just recently I bought another K3 with Special Offers. I've taken advantage of several of the offers, and saved money. I also got my KSO by changing my Audible membership and getting a $100 Amazon credit, so my KSO cost me $14, plus my one year membership at Audible, which I was doing anyway.

message 5: by Terri (new)

Terri | 5 comments I have a K2 that I keep in my purse to use away from home, and a K3 w/ special offers that I keep beside my bed.

message 6: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 266 comments I got the K3 with special offers.

message 7: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (dwyatt1) | 84 comments I have one K3 sold my K2 to buy the K3 and I love it.

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelah110) | 82 comments Shirley wrote: "I have one K3 sold my K2 to buy the K3 and I love it."

I did the same thing Shirley, sold my K2 to buy my K3.
I am thinking of buying a Nook(Bite my toungue!). I think it would be great for library books and magazines.

message 9: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 243 comments Angela, I own the original Nook (not the latest one), and I use mine for library books. Don't forget, Amazon is implementing library borrowing before the end of this year. And if you want to read magazines in color, you'll have to buy the Nook Color.

message 10: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelah110) | 82 comments Patricia wrote: "Angela, I own the original Nook (not the latest one), and I use mine for library books. Don't forget, Amazon is implementing library borrowing before the end of this year. And if you want to read..."

Yeah thats what I meant. Nook Color for magazines. My issue with the Nook is it doesn't have 3G. No wifi at work, on the beach, up camping etc..

message 11: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 243 comments Angela, just plan ahead, download everything before you go!

message 12: by Clare K. R. (new)

Clare K. R. (clare-dragonfly) Angela, if you want to read magazines and have 3G, why not get an iPad? Then you can get a Kindle app on that and read your Kindle books too.

message 13: by Reenie (new)

Reenie (reeniejo) | 12 comments I have both - I was collecting Amazon gift card, and bouht the K3 but still use the K2. I have been playing some of the Kindle games, so actually like to use the older one for that.

message 14: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelah110) | 82 comments I will never give up my kindle, but I do see the value in some of the nook's features.I was thinking more about having two readers. I don't see myself owning an ipad. I hate dealing w/apple. Maybe if Amazon came out with a tablet. Don't worry I have no intentions of abandoning my Kindle or the Kindle apps on my phone and pc. :)

message 15: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 542 comments I was an early adopter and have a K1. I mainly keep converted PDFs on that one. I ordered a KDXG when they were released because I wanted the ability to read unconverted PDFs and to be able to make use of the active content (i.e., games) and collections.

And then, of course, one week after I received the KDXG the K3 release was announced. I agonized for a whole 24 hours before I pre-ordered.

I do the majority of my reading on the K3, keep the KDXG on my nightstand, and because I'm less ginger about taking the K1 places, that's usually my traveling companion.

message 16: by Helen (new)

Helen KSO? I have kindle 3, first and only e-reader.

message 17: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 243 comments KSO stands for Kindle Special Offers. It's the one with the ad banner on the home page, and the screensavers are ads. Every 4 days they send new special offers to the Kindle, I've taken advantage of several of them.

message 18: by Gina (new)

Gina Hello, I am a new member and was just reading through this thread. I have had 5 Kindles. I bought the K1 when it was 1st released and then the K2. I gave the K1 to my mom to read. My K2 kept having problems, which Amazon happily mailed me new Kindles 3 different times, no questions asked and I returned the defective ones. My K2 is still active and my husband uses it. I also have the K3 3G which I am currently using. I guess I am a Kindle addict.

message 19: by Raven (new)

Raven Davis (titanchain) | 5 comments I have two K3s but one of them is for my husband to keep at the barracks. Luckily he doesnt read as often as I do because I dont want him stealing mine at home all the time. I used to think about having two, but its easier for me to just have the one and carry it everywhere.

message 20: by Elie (new)

Elie Harriett Have a DX1 and an iPad which gets a lot of use as a second Kindle (using the Kindle app). Wife and I were just having a discussion a few minutes ago about who gets which for our respective next books.

message 21: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) I have 2 Kindles attached to my account so I can share books with My aunt who is also an avid reader.

So many people have asked why I have 2 if they see my account (like in work or if I'm using my laptop around friends)!