Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Fixing is what this books could use

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JSWolf (last edited Jul 03, 2011 03:34PM) (new)

JSWolf | 649 comments http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11...

Declassified (Star Trek: Vanguard) needs some fixing.

The title is incorrect. The title should be Declassified (Star Trek: Vanguard) But please fix it such that when we see the title in a list that (Star Trek: Vanguard) does show up.

I'm not sure if the cover is incorrect or not. But it is a different width then the other two covers. The following cover is high resolution and the correct aspect ration, so please replace the cover twith this one and it will be correct for sure. http://d28hgpri8am2if.cloudfront.net/...

The description is incorrect and should be...

The Taurus Reach: the source of a secret that has driven the great powers of the 23rd century to risk everything in the race to control it. Now four new adventures—previously untold tales of the past and present, with hints of what is yet to come—begin the next great phase in the Vanguard saga.

Witness the dawn of Starbase 47, as Ambassador Jetanien faces choices that will shape the future of Operation Vanguard . . . follow journalist Tim Pennington as he reaches a crossroads in his search for the truth…see how the crises on two colonies transform the lives of Diego Reyes and Rana Desai…and travel with Cervantes Quinn to a deadly confrontation that will change everything—all in one unforgettable Star Trek collection.

Please leave in the italics if possible.

The publisher is incorrect. Star trek eBooks are never published by Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group. And since this is a constant error, can this please be fixed when importing Star trek eBooks from B&N or where ever else they may come from? The correct publisher is actually Pocket Books.

And finally, the page number should be 368.

Thanks.

P.S. Please make the same corrections for the other two versions of this book as well except for the page number as the page number listed is for the linked version only.

message 2: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments Done and added to the series.

I doubt there will be anything done to fix the import of any books that are incorrect. There are too many problems with too many books to allow an exception to be caught for one.

As a side note - that I know I've mentioned before - Pocket Books is a division of Simon&Schuster, which is why it shows up as such.

message 3: by JSWolf (new)

JSWolf | 649 comments Thanks.

Too bad the constantly incorrect imported information cannot be fixed. Something like if it's a Star Trek book, make the publisher Pocket Books as that will be mostly correct.