Books for Tweens discussion

Tween Book Recommendations and Resources

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (bookworm2) | 2 comments My daughter will be a 6th grader next year and is a voracious reader. We're both having trouble finding suitable books of interest to her. She's willing to grapple with tough social and historical issues, but doesn't really want to read about romance, yet. She remains a HUGE Harry Potter fan. Right now she's reading The Latte Wars. Thinking about suggesting True Grit. What do you recommend? Where do I find good lists? What's the Chinaberry Catalog equivalent for tween reading?

message 2: by Anagha Uppal (last edited Jul 04, 2011 11:13AM) (new)

Anagha Uppal | 7 comments I'd suggest something (anything) by Rick Riordan. If she's into the paranormal/vampire genre, The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod are great for middle schoolers :)

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (bookworm2) | 2 comments She loved Rick Riordan. Will have try The Chronicles of Vampire Tod. The name of the book that I mentioned is The Latte Rebellion.

message 4: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Anagha Uppal | 7 comments Sorry, it was Vladimir Tod, not Vampire.

message 5: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Anagha Uppal | 7 comments A trilogy I loved in middle school was the Wake series by Lisa Mcmann. Also, Alex Flinn and Melissa Marr are really popular authors.