Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, #3) Eclipse discussion

who thinks that twilight is cool or is a waste of space?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Jordan i know alot of ppl who think it's a waste of space, but i think that its a great story with an AWESOME love triangle at some pretty cool mythical creatures that are common to write stories about, but Stephanie Meyer takes it to another level thats amazing. but i want to know what other ppl think so have fun!!

Juliet a complete waste of space, don't get me started on how badly I hate these books.

Juliet :D

Alkmini I actually enjoyed the books when I read them but now I can say that I don't like them... I won't say that they suck, because I had fun reading them (at least twilight and eclipse)but yeah... The point is that right now I don't like them at all!!!

Whitney The books weren't bad until the media storm beat us in the face with them. now I can't stand hearing that name lol

message 6: by Drew (new)

Drew Whitney wrote: "The books weren't bad until the media storm beat us in the face with them. now I can't stand hearing that name lol"

LOL! I agree soooo much!!!!

Anna McGonnell I do all i read was the twilight until i read the mortal instruments and then i was opened to the world of books books and more books.

Nicole I loved the books before the movie was made then everybody else became "OMG IT'S TWILIGHT" and I was just standing there thinking ok seriously you just killed it.

-hainekhen- I don't think it's a waste of space, well it's not really that great either. The first time that I've read the series, it's engaging (plus the fact that RPatz is so hot!)...after after rereading it, well it's what you can say a typical love story. And if I think about it, do teenage girls read classic novels (like Wuthering Heights and the likes)? way too boring...

Rebecca Sockkitty wrote: "Whitney wrote: "The books weren't bad until the media storm beat us in the face with them. now I can't stand hearing that name lol"

LOL! I agree soooo much!!!!"

TOTALLY AGREE!!!

message 11: by Ina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ina Yeah, the Twilight Series were good until they were turned into movies.

message 12: by Keri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Keri I enjoyed reading the series (all except Breaking Dawn) and have read it a couple of times but I don't think it has the lasting power of series like Harry Potter or books like Lord of the Rings. I enjoyed them for what they are but don't think I'd ever rank them as great.

Ellen I really enjoyed it, but nothing compares to Harry!!!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

waste of space.
At first I will admit that i was OBSESSED~!

But i read Twilight for a second time and realized that Bella is just super clingy to Edward who is super clingy and creepy towards her (watching her sleep when he barely knew her? come on)

The romance is cute-ish.
But seriously Bella isn't anything special she is just annoying
Jacob is annoying too.

I just want Edward to myself but he is too much for me

So all those books can die.

Mockingjay TOTAL WASTE OF SPACE! I do admit that I read all the books but after finishing one i wanted to vomit after- there was no solid plot, the characters were unbelievable, desperate and whiny- and finally the writing was poor. The only reason I read the series (more like skimmed when parts wanted to put me to sleep) was to see how the series concluded and because I couldn't understand the big hype about them. When the movie came out I watched it but that made it even worse. Yes, Stephanie Meyer had a OK idea but she didn't execute it well at all- all she accomplished was making teenage girls look desperate and clingy. New Moon was pathetic- ONLY BECAUSE BELLA KEPT TRYING TO KILL HERSELF AND SCREAMING LIKE A MANIAC.

Nicole Complete waste of space and poorly written from a technical aspect. Prime example of how marketing can boost a mediocre writer to the best seller list. I find it very sad.

Annemarien Faraminan I have to say that I am OBSESSED!

I do have to agree that I have some definitely big points that would completely change, but I have read Twilight about 3 times. Now the movies are a complete different story. I hate the actor and feel they killed the story. Since I am obsessed with Twilight I do own them, but only because I seem to be a masochist of Twilight.

Tiffany Howard It is not a waste! Nicole...Nicole Nicole Nicole. You are so wrong. The movies are totally different but the books are the best!!! Honestly, have you even read the books?

Lindis Russell No book is ever a waste of space. It all depends on one's taste.

For me, Totally Cool! I love Meyer's different version of the Vampire world. The sparkling is a little goofy, I'll admit. My friends and I LOVE the books but make fun of the sparkling all the time! he he he! Plus it's a good love story. Love conqures all. Happy ending and all that jazz.

message 20: by Lindis (last edited Jul 12, 2011 08:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lindis Russell Tiffany wrote: "It is not a waste! Nicole...Nicole Nicole Nicole. You are so wrong. The movies are totally different but the books are the best!!! Honestly, have you even read the books?"

Now, now, don't be too hard on Nicole, she's entitled to her opinion too. Remember this discussion is openly welcoming "lovers AND haters" If you join a discussion like this, be prepared to have your feelings hurt, have a thick skin! The best thing that you can do, is kindly, defend your opinion. : ) And move on.

varun A Total And Complete Waste of Space...i read it after all the hype...the 1st was still tolerable but after reading the sequels...i can't imagine how it got all the hype that it did

Nicole I did read the books - all of them. And as a trained writer, I can say that technically they are lacking. I didn't bother to see the movies.

Katz Nancy from NJ As a substitute teacher of high school students, I always like to keep up with what they're reading, listening to and watching. So I just had to read The Twilight series. I finished the first one hoping the second third or fourth would get better but they didn't for me. Very repetitive and I couldn'y get too much oomph for either Jacob or Edward. I did, though enjoy the movies for some reason.

Debora Chang vampire was and will never be my favorite topics, but i don't mind read it as long as i don't have to buy the books (= someone lend me haha).. and so i only read 2 of them: first breaking dawn and then eclipse.. and from eclipse, i got the understanding of why do many women (or moms, just like Stephenie Meyer) are so crazy about Edward: they wanted so badly to be loved just as Edward loves Bella!!

so to me it's not a totally a waste of space, but it's not a great books either.

Tatyana monell i read the books they were good i have to admit it

message 26: by Çili (new) - added it

Çili         Twilight is a wonderful book.I have read "Twilight" and the "New moon" in albanian language,"The eclipse" and "Breaking dawn" in english.I do really like these books but right now i am a big fan of "The vampire diaries"

AlbertaJenn As a bookseller, I can tell you that Twilight has inspired non-readers from several generations to start reading for fun -many for the first time in their lives!

I have had everyone from 10-year-old girls to men in their 60s come in and tell me how much they like the series. Most are not crazed, obsessed fans (those are a very tiny minority). Most are just average people, some who loved reading before, some who (as I have mentioned above) only ever picked up a book if their teachers forced them. It warms my heart to have someone come into my store and say "I've hated reading, but I can't stop reading these books! Do you have something else you can suggest with a similar (theme, plot, reading level, paranormal slant)?" I get so excited!

The vast majority have gone on to read other things. Other teen books, adult urban fantasy, or classics. They are reading, and not just these four books again and again. I would say 95% of Twilight fans are well-rounded individuals, and have well-rounded tastes. But this, for many, was the drop that started the rainfall.

That, to me, makes it far, far from a waste of space. Oh, and I liked the series, as well. :-)

Fatima Grace Alkmini wrote: "I actually enjoyed the books when I read them but now I can say that I don't like them... I won't say that they suck, because I had fun reading them (at least twilight and eclipse)but yeah... The p..."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Lindis Russell AlbertaJenn wrote: "As a bookseller, I can tell you that Twilight has inspired non-readers from several generations to start reading for fun -many for the first time in their lives!

I have had everyone from 10-year..."

Thanks! Very well said! And as I've said, NO book is a waste of space.

Madeline Lindis wrote: NO book is a waste of space.

except this one

message 31: by Alyssa (new) - added it

Alyssa Sheptor I read all the books I likesd them at the begginnig but then it got repetive and boring but I still like them I just dont love them

Lindis Russell Madeline wrote: "Lindis wrote: NO book is a waste of space.

except this one"

So negative.

message 33: by Madeline (last edited Jul 17, 2011 06:31PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Madeline whoops

Veronica I like twilight, may be after having read a score of more promising and interesting fiction of the same genre i would not say twilight is the best, but i still think its cool. For me twilight was my first vampire novel and i still feel Edward is one of the best vampire heroes.

AlbertaJenn Veronica wrote: "I like twilight, may be after having read a score of more promising and interesting fiction of the same genre i would not say twilight is the best, but i still think its cool. For me twilight was m..."

I've read a large variety of books, and still like Twilight. It's about variety. Not about each book/series besting the last. :-)

Victoria WASTTTEEE OOOOOOFFFFFF SPPPPAAAAAAACCCCEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no questions asked

message 37: by Fiona (new) - rated it 1 star

Fiona MUST STAB BOOK WITH KNIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torie Eh, I enjoyed the series. But I'm not overly in love with them nor am I overly hateful against them.

Mansi Juliet wrote: "a complete waste of space, don't get me started on how badly I hate these books."

AGREED!!!

Mansi I only loved Eclipse...

Redina Syafril i really love all of the series.If you dont like it all,it's up to you .Just enjoy it !! :D

Elizabeth Baxter Eclipse is the only book I've ever thrown across a room in frustration. I read the first 3 because someone bought them for me. I kept reading in the hope that somewhere along the line Bella would grow a backbone. Oh, how disspointed I was. I've never known a series polarize opinion the way these do so I suppose Ms. Meyer should be congratulated for inspiring such emotion in her readers!

Michaela i love twilight but sometimes the books are a bit frustrating

Carrie (Bears Read Too) I absolutely love these books and Stephenie Meyer. I can't help it. I do have to agree that the media beat you in the face with the whole "Twilight" thing and that's a little annoying, but the story itself is just awesome.

Alexanne Remember that scene in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets movie/book where Harry stabs Tom Riddle's diary with all his might?
Kinda wish I could do that with Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. I'd love to see the blood pouring out.

message 46: by Kendall Anne (new)

Kendall Anne Alexanne Gerard Butler wrote: "Remember that scene in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets movie/book where Harry stabs Tom Riddle's diary with all his might?
Kinda wish I could do that with Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. I'd l..."

I. TOTALLY. AGREE.

*Lily's* Omg I just saw the NEW trailer for Breaking Dawn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=you...

message 48: by Leah (last edited Sep 15, 2011 11:19PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah the books are great the movies are a waste of time, money AND space

Kirby -hainekhen- wrote: "I don't think it's a waste of space, well it's not really that great either. The first time that I've read the series, it's engaging (plus the fact that RPatz is so hot!)...after after rereading it..."

I read wuthering heights as a teenage girl...

Tatyana monell Kirby wrote: "-hainekhen- wrote: "I don't think it's a waste of space, well it's not really that great either. The first time that I've read the series, it's engaging (plus the fact that RPatz is so hot!)...afte..."

was it good

« previous 1