Random Ramblings discussion

Debates > Smoking

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

Becky (MissFooFoo) | 4249 comments Mod
Debate! Do you think smoking is right or wrong? Should it be illegal or legal? DEBATE!

message 2: by Val (last edited Jul 01, 2011 04:07PM) (new)

Val (theangryturtle) Legal. Depends on what you're smoking. Marijuana should be legal though, because it is natural, less dangerous than every other drug and achohal, the only reason it is illegal is because cannabis would demolish the paper company that uses trees among other things, and you could only die from smoking pot if you took about 14,000 hits on 14 minutes, and that is because the smoke itself and the your heart speeding up. And makes you empathetic and chill. Also, stoners aren't stupid. We have great ideas[:

message 3: by Val (new)

Val (theangryturtle) Tobacco should be illegal though

message 4: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (Gabby123) | 853 comments I suppose, but cannabis is kind of like non-lethal alcohol. Instead of drink-driving it might be...I don't know, SMOKE-driving? In any case, I think most forms of intoxication (drugs or alcohol) should probably be illegal. The death and destruction caused by them is just too big a price to pay for what? A night of drug/alcohol-hazed partying? Who says you can't have a good time without some form of drugs or alcohol?

message 5: by Val (new)

Val (theangryturtle) Whenever I toke up, me and my friends just sit and talk. I admit, achohal and drugs are bad and cause violent, but weed is not a drug and calms you down. Cannabis can't be compared to achohal, achohal is much worse. You have to undertand, THC causes you to relax, eat, sit, talk, and you get lazy. How does that cause problems?

message 6: by Val (last edited Jul 01, 2011 10:07PM) (new)

Val (theangryturtle) And smoke driving is not a threat! Trust me(; and you don't party while high. Common misconception. Stoners are lazy hungry broke and chill to talk to

message 7: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

Have any of you heard about how Australian government want to make all cigar packages white. Do you agree or not?

message 8: by Val (new)

Val (theangryturtle) I think cigars should be illegal.

message 9: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

I just thinks its horrific how many people smoke!

message 10: by Val (new)

Val (theangryturtle) How so?

message 11: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

So many people smoke now! That's so many people at risk!

message 12: by Val (new)

Val (theangryturtle) Smoking in general or tobacco or menthol or weed?

message 13: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

Well I don't know what menthol or weed is but I know it makes you happy but it wears off and then you take another one. It just stupid!

message 14: by Val (new)

Val (theangryturtle) No. Have you ever smoked weed? If not, you really can't say it's a risk.

message 15: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

Uh no... i'm 12!

message 16: by Val (new)

Val (theangryturtle) I'm 13.

message 17: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

Cool!

message 18: by Val (new)

Val (theangryturtle) I'm just saying, don't judge till you done it.

message 19: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

Well what does it do?

message 20: by Val (new)

Val (theangryturtle) It calms you down. You unwind. You just sit talk and eat. No partying involved. You barely have the will to get off the couch.../

message 21: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

Is it risky?
And could you please introduce yourself in the folder?

message 22: by Val (new)

Val (theangryturtle) Nope. And sorry I'm forgetting

message 23: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (Gabby123) | 853 comments I suppose, but I just think that people should learn to cope without alcohol or drugs. It's not necessary to survival, and a lot of it is just a waste of resources when producing it. But I do know the same can be said for most of the things we own so, I guess that argument is a little two-sided! And please don't think i'm being rude Val, but if you are going to smoke weed, it's kind of not right if you're only 13... please don't let me offend you though!!

message 24: by Becky, AwesomeOne (last edited Jul 04, 2011 04:12PM) (new)

It's just not necessary. We 13 year old's are surviving fine without smoking or alcohol. It's just not necessary!

message 25: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

NOT NECESSARY!

message 26: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (Gabby123) | 853 comments lol, Becky you said "smoking alchohol"

message 27: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 30 comments Poeple usually think that the things 'everyone is doning' is 'okey, harmless'. That is absolutely WRONG!

Marijuana, cannabis and alcohol are certainly EXTREMELY DANGEROUS and HARMFUL. They have negative effects on brains, lungs and other organs. Marijuana intoxication can cause distorted perceptions, impaired coordination, difficulty with thinking and problem solving, and problems with learning and memory.
Alcohol will damage a person's brain, cerebellum, kidneys and liver; it will reduce a person's intelligence, balance, or cause cirrhosis or renal failure. If an expectant mother drinks too much, the baby may be malformed or incapacious.
Tobacoo smocking is a major risk factor for coronary heart disease, stroke, peripheral vascular disease and numerous cancers including cancers of the lung, mouth, oesophagus, larynx, kidney, pancreas, bladder, stomach and cervix. Smocking tobacoo will not only the smocking person, but also the people beside you since they breathe the air you exhaled; this means the people beside a smocking person have greater risk of getting those factors.
When a person is addicted, he will feel terribly fainful if he can't have the addictive substance; he'll be desperate to get that in whatever way he can come up of, even if it is illigal or perilous, and thus control by addictive substance.

People have to be aware of the danger of there addictive substances. It is schools and government's responsibilities to let people know the effects of these things, thus they can have the right knowledges of it.

message 28: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

Jenny wrote: "Poeple usually think that the things 'everyone is doning' is 'okey, harmless'. That is absolutely WRONG!

Marijuana, cannabis and alcohol are certainly EXTREMELY DANGEROUS and HARMFUL. They hav..."

I agree with everything you've said!