Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

And Everything Else > Proper Price for an eBook?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cory (new)

Cory Oakes (goodreadscomcory_oakes) | 6 comments There is a lot of debate going on right now about the pricing of eBooks - What do you think is a fair price for a standard length YA eBook? Do prices influence your decision to buy or not buy certain books? Or are you like me and often impulsively hit "Purchase" without even checking the price? :-)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) I will generally pay up to $10 for an e-book. But if the printed copy is available for less, I will choose it instead.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily I hate that ebooks are that much. I thought I was going to get great deals when I paid a hundred and some odd bucks for a kindle because I saw most books were like $6-$8. Now it seems like every book is 9.99. It's incredibly annoying, so now I kind of avoid buying on my Kindle and just go to the library.

message 4: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 110 comments One of the many reasons I love print books, I can get them cheaper or only a dollar more then some ebooks.

message 5: by Michele (new)

Michele | 19 comments I think ebooks should be roughly the same cost as regular print books, otherwise there will be no more print books. Besides, I've heard that the cost for producing ebooks actually is not cheap. I have never paid hardback price for an ebook.

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily Yes, but the reason to pay so much more for a hardback is the... cover. On kindle you don't get that expensive cover, so I think it should be cheaper. People aren't going to want to give up print books no matter how cheap ebooks are because they like the covers.

message 7: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 110 comments I agree the cover has a big part, but I like being able to visually see the progress and flipping through the pages.

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily Yeah I thought that too, but I LOVE the Kindle. It's just so light, and one of the things I alsways hated was when I was reading in my bed and I would lay on my side, but I would have to get up a little bit to look at the right side of pages. That never happens with the kindle.

message 9: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 110 comments Haha true

message 10: by Cory (new)

Cory Oakes (goodreadscomcory_oakes) | 6 comments I was very very reluctant to get a Kindle also (because I love print books so much) but now I am totally addicted to it. I love being able to download books and read them right away! Seems like a lot of the books I buy are $9.99, but then there are a few that are randomly $4.95 (like the first book of the Hunger Games series) and since I don't see a quality difference, I'm wondering what people think of that . . .