John Green. discussion

Books > The Fault in Our Stars

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Belle (new)

Belle (izzy_theberge) John Green's NEW book The Fault in Our Stars is coming this spring!!!! :D

PRE-ORDER THE BOOK AND HE HAND-SIGNS IT!!!!! :O

He talks about it Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/vlogbrothers

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly (nutfreenerd) I can't wait to read this book!!!!!! I only wish it could somehow come out sooner.... I don't want to have to wait until next year!!!!

message 3: by Phynix (new)

Phynix Bryne | 1 comments I am super exited when I saw the book on bn.com I was like NO FREAKEN WAY! I am super exited for this!!

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela | 1 comments To be absolutely honest, I feel weirdly afraid of this book coming out. I just have this feeling it's going to be so amazing and awesome I might just explode.

message 5: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 100 comments Mod
Ahh. My copy should be arriving any day now.
I can't wait. I'm beyond excited.

message 6: by Andrea (last edited Jan 24, 2012 09:45PM) (new)

Andrea (andreamantis) I just wanted to let you guys know about a giveaway on my blog - you can win one of two signed and Hanklerfished copies of The Fault in Our Stars! Contest runs from 01/23/12 to 02/06/12. Just go here for more info and to enter: http://theoverstuffedbookcase.blogspo...

;)

message 7: by Kendyll (new)

Kendyll (kendyllmartin) | 1 comments Ahhh this book is so incredibly amazing it's not even funny. Love.

message 8: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 100 comments Mod
Honestly, I believe that The Fault in Our Stars is my new favorite book of all time.
It was so beautiful, and the characters were well written, and it was magic.

message 9: by Colby (new)

Colby (colbz) It IS my favorite book. I freaking love it.

message 10: by Yousra (new)

Yousra (yousra_medhkour) | 7 comments I LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH!

message 11: by Colby (new)

Colby (colbz) :D I found ANOTHER Nerdfighter today. Because they were reading TFIOS and I was like TFIOS!@!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOT!

message 12: by charlie ☾ (new)

charlie ☾ (sayitcharlie) | 6 comments I was a mess after reading this book but I can't say that I won't reread it. Also my favourite John Green novel so far.

message 13: by Isabel (new)

Isabel | 63 comments I've read it over ten times. All time favorite. I leant it to 7 people. 2 teachers and 5 of my friends. All of them gave me positive reviews.

message 14: by Asser (new)

Asser (asserbeeyatch) | 3 comments This book was the best book I've read so far! It was so amazing.

message 15: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 5 comments Colby wrote: ":D I found ANOTHER Nerdfighter today. Because they were reading TFIOS and I was like TFIOS!@!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOT!"
i wish i could meet a nerdfighter :(
i believe i'm the only one in my country!

message 16: by kat-sudon (new)

kat-sudon | 4 comments I so love this book. So much. This is the first book of John Green I've ever read and until now, even though I finished this a month ago, I still want to read it over and over again. Too bad I don't have my own copy of it, but I'm definitely going to buy one. I mean, just looking at the cover and what it was all about, I immediately asked my classmate if she could lend it to me. Fortunately, she said yes and I finished this within a day. It was that awesome. I admit I cried when I learned that Augustus' cancer was back, and then that part where Hazel was writing a eulogy for him, the part where she learned he died from his mom, the part where she went to the funeral and the ending. Ugh. Because of this book, I learned to appreciate the genre Tragedy. I'm excited to buy my own copy maybe, luckily, this week. :)

message 17: by Jericha (new)

Jericha Cher | 2 comments TFiOS!! The first book of John Green that i've read. By April i'm going to read all of his books. TFiOS is really a great book!

message 18: by Kateryna (new)

Kateryna Byednenko Loved this book so much!!! Because of it i´m totally interested in Reading the other John Green´s books, hope i can read them all before summer.

message 19: by Megs (new)

Megs (magnus_pegasus) | 2 comments I really enjoyed this book. As a childhood cancer survivor of 20 years, John Green really portrayed emotions that I felt then, and still feel now extremely well.

message 20: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1 comments This book is so amazing. I cried about like 3 times! It was addicting and I would read it again!

message 21: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Wade | 1 comments Am I the only one who didn't like TFIOS as much as Alaska? I read Alaska first, and I just absolutely fell in love with the characters, the edge, and the the whole experience of reading that book. To me, TFIOS is a bit more vanilla, then again I still have about 100 pages left, but it just hasn't been as gripping for me.

message 22: by Alix (new)

Alix Fish | 10 comments I read Looking for Alaska first but I love TFIOS so much more. I cried for the last 40 pages! I can't wait until the film comes out. They better not screw it up!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

My first John Green book...I fell in love on the first day!

message 24: by Miah (new)

Miah Lapeyrolerie | 1 comments This book... This book was so amazing. I could literally read it over and over again.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

There's a film coming out. I am excited.

message 26: by Becca (last edited Jun 29, 2013 01:11PM) (new)

Becca | 6 comments agreed. can't wait for the movie!

message 27: by Martine (new)

Martine Joy | 1 comments Me too!!! I can't wait for that movie!!!!

message 28: by Avery (new)

Avery (femshep) | 1 comments I don't really like who they cast as Hazel in the movie, but I'll probably still go see it.

message 29: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty Halliwell (kirstyreadsbooks) | 1 comments The movie always ruins the book, I don't really know if I should see it, it always kinda ruins the idea you had of the book, y'know?

I'll probably see it anyway, though.

message 30: by april (last edited Aug 25, 2013 01:25AM) (new)

april (dealwithapril) Ah this book made me laugh, fall in love and cry at the same time. Gus is one of a kind. I love this book! John Green's witty lines is just the best.

Anyways the girl who will portray Hazel Grace is Shailene Woodley the same girl who will play Tris Prior in Divergent. I first saw her in The Descendants with George Clooney which she was nominated for Best Supporting Actress at The Golden Globes.

For me she's a great actress and I believe she'll do great as Hazel Grace. :)

message 31: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahboese-hebbend) I loved this book and can't wait to see it on screen!

message 32: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 2 comments I feel in love with the book. I smiled, laughed and cried throughout the whole book. I quote it all the time. No recommend it to anyone and I CAN NOT wait to see the movie.

message 33: by Breanna (new)

Breanna | 8 comments When the movie comes out I will cry just like when I cried from the book. So wondeful

message 34: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 2 comments What did everyone think of the movie compared to the book???

message 35: by Kira (new)

Kira (kirae) | 1 comments I love this book more than I would think possible. Every line either makes me laugh, brings tears, or adds a smile to my face! I honestly can't talk about how sad it is because thats what every person seems to do so I want to say how smart this book is. John Green is so smart and you can see it in every paragraph. I have read Papertowns, The Fault in our Stars, and am in the middle of An Abundance of Katherines. I love love love John Greens style of writing and I love how the characters have their own quirks and character perks. In the 2 1/2 books I have read of his I realized all of John Greens main characters are super smart! I appreciate how he makes them all different and the characters aren't perfect. I loved this book so much and I am so glad it come out in theaters

message 36: by Holly (new)

Holly Johnson (holsjaeda) Crystal wrote: "What did everyone think of the movie compared to the book???"

I think the movie was pretty good, however I don't feel like they put enough time into developing Augustus' character on screen! I feel like the audience would have more of a connection with his struggles if they learnt more about him, like they were able to do so well in the book.