Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > series complication - expanded short stories

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by willaful (new)

willaful http://www.goodreads.com/series/40985...

The short story "Only Human" is currently marked .5 in the series, indicating a prequel. However, it's actually a short story version of the first book in the series, which was expanded into a full length book. Has anyone thought of a clever way of dealing with this or should we stick with .5 and add a note?

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43598 comments Mod
willaful wrote: "should we stick with .5 and add a note"

Probably your best bet.

This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For | 949 comments Rather than numbering it, the other option would be to list it as something like "original short story" or something, along with the explanatory note.

message 4: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 2 comments Update: This thread is 2.5 years old, but nothing has changed.

I just read Only Human because nothing in the description paragraph of the series link deterred me from the belief that it was a prequel primer to Tempting Danger.

Now I want to start reading Tempting Danger, but the ruined plot points and inconsistencies caused by author changes muddies that.

An updated series page would be appreciated so others don't have the same dilemma.

message 5: by Ren (new)

Ren | 688 comments Added a note in the series description.

message 6: by Gerd (last edited Jan 03, 2014 09:22AM) (new)

Gerd | 1051 comments There's a note on the series page, just not on the novella page.
Added it to Only Human's description.