Creative Reviews discussion

?'s for the Members of CR > Post your question topics here!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 1841 comments Mod
I thought I would start this little folder for us all. We have had many great discussions in areas like the blogging folders about self pubbing, editing, what our pet peeves are and so forth. This is going to be the folder where we can ask each other questions about things like this. Please DO NOT put any requests for reviews in this folder, we have an abundance of those folders on the site. Keep this to questions that don't fit anywhere else, and aren't just 'fun' conversations like in the Attic.

Please post a new topic for each question to keep it organized and people can find and answer the questions!! :)

message 2: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Great idea for the folder Amy!!! And so sorry to everyone for my absence around here lately.... but I am back now!

message 3: by Amy Eye (new)

And we are happy that you are back...I didn't have to miss you much though, I get to talk to you everyday! Go Amy!! :)

message 4: by Dale (last edited Jul 03, 2011 04:51AM) (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) | 298 comments Let me know if this isn't the type of question you're looking for. Sometimes when i try to post a comment on someone's blog, I use my google acct, it bounces me to the sign in page, I sign in, it bounces me back to the blog where I have to type in the secret code...but then instead of posting my comment, it bounces me back to the sign in page! I sign in again, get bounced to the comment, I type in the secret code, and wah-lah! I'm back at the sign in page. Is it me? I get so frustrated that I never leave my comments! Whahhh!

message 5: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Omg!!! I thought that was only me!!!! Lol. I am sorrybthat u deal with this too but man, i thought there was something wrong with me!! I cant figure it out either! I did find a way around it though.....i leave my comments via my google account through my iphone. For whatever reason my iphone keeps my account straight and always posts my comments with my pic.....
If i ever figure this out i will tell u the answer! If u figure it out please find me!!! LOL

message 6: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Amy wrote: "And we are happy that you are back...I didn't have to miss you much though, I get to talk to you everyday! Go Amy!! :)"

:) glad to be back!! And yes we do talk quite often!
But now tbat the editing of my book is done we will have to find other things to chat about......how about toilet snakes? Lol. Well and i do have 6 other books waiting to be edited.......

message 7: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 26 comments Cambria wrote: "Omg!!! I thought that was only me!!!! Lol. I am sorrybthat u deal with this too but man, i thought there was something wrong with me!! I cant figure it out either! I did find a way around it though..."

So far as I know, it's a major Blogger issue - it's been going on for some time and Blogger only says that you have to clear out your cache. No idea what that is, but apparently that's what they say - I've heard this from my friend who is on Blogger (I'm on Wordpress). She says it's only a temporary fix but Blogger hasn't given her any more info.

message 8: by Amy Eye (new)

I haven't had that problem yet on the blog front...maybe I am just lucky!! :)

@ Cambria - I'm sure we will have more than enough to talk about - when my daughter starts asking me to send you pics of her new clothes, it means I have to keep you around for a while!! LOL

message 9: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments Aw yay Cambria you must be excised about the editing being done! Ahh toliet snakes...

For me times, blogger likes to go in and out of working.

message 10: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Amy wrote: "I haven't had that problem yet on the blog front...maybe I am just lucky!! :)

@ Cambria - I'm sure we will have more than enough to talk about - when my daughter starts asking me to send you pics..."

LOL!! I love to see pics of her clothes! She's just going to have to txt me directly....lol

message 11: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments @Ottilie- I am super excited to have the editing done! The book turned out better than I hoped....now to find a publisher....
anyone know any good ones?

message 12: by Cambria (last edited Jul 03, 2011 11:09AM) (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Anne-Mhairi wrote: "Cambria wrote: "Omg!!! I thought that was only me!!!! Lol. I am sorrybthat u deal with this too but man, i thought there was something wrong with me!! I cant figure it out either! I did find a way ..."

Well thanks for the advie Anne-Mhairi! My blog is on blogger and it can be a pain...I am just thankful that my iphone lets me comment otherwise i wouldn't know what to do. I am not sure what clearing out your cache means but maybe i should find out. LOL
And since we are talking blogs feel free to check mine out:
http://theunlockeddiary.blogspot.com

message 13: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments Ah that's awsome that it turned out well! Um, the publisher of my second isn't accepting more right now, and I am using createspace to re-release my first. I've heard a lot use that one.

message 14: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 26 comments Cambria wrote: "Anne-Mhairi wrote: "Cambria wrote: "Omg!!! I thought that was only me!!!! Lol. I am sorrybthat u deal with this too but man, i thought there was something wrong with me!! I cant figure it out eithe..."

Awesome! I hear Facebook disapproves of making liking a page a requirement to enter a contest and they have shut pages down in the past for this, so Sea Lion is treading a dangerous line. Other than that I would really like to check out Beastly!

This is my site, but I'm pretty sure it's not as interesting as yours!
http://www.annemhairisimpson.com

message 15: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Anne-Mhairi- I am now following!
Great blog by the way. I love your header picture at the top!
I didn't know that FB discouraged liking a page as a requirement for a contest....good to know. its seems a little silly though. But hey I am not the rulers of FB. lol.
thanks for checking out my blog! Beastly the movie and the book was really great be sure to check them out!

message 16: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Ottilie wrote: "Ah that's awsome that it turned out well! Um, the publisher of my second isn't accepting more right now, and I am using createspace to re-release my first. I've heard a lot use that one."

Yes, I have heard a lot about Createspace. I think I haven't given up on a publisher yet but I have looked into createspace.

message 17: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments It's defiently worth the hunt, but with my first, I grew impatient (I sent out over 60 queries), I'm an ansty person. I kept having flash backs to applying to colleges when I was sending out the queries! Good luck!

message 18: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments lol. I have seen my share of rejections....I have probably close to or just over 100. I have 7 books written and a short middle grade novel as well....i get antsy too but I am also incredibly stubborn. :)

message 19: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments Haha it's a great fun mixture! Oh wow!

message 20: by Cambria (last edited Jul 03, 2011 05:16PM) (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Yeah its a mix alright. LOL. 4 books in the werewolf series and 3 so far in the other paranormal series....with one in the works.(its about a girl who is disfigured and can't remember how she got that way)
I started my MG book as a practice run just to see if I could do it. which is crazy I know. But there ya go. Its super cute...about a boy(Remy) who discovers that the "slop slingers" (cafeteria ladies) are drugging the baseball teams food.....
its called THE SECRET INGREDIENT
LOL

message 21: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments i haven't much tried to get that one published....its only 15,000 words

message 22: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Who is your publisher for your secomd book coming out?

message 23: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments Hahaha those sound awsome!! The publisher for the second one is Bucks County Publishing.

message 24: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Cool! So when is it coming out

message 25: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments Haha it is, it came out in April, I talked to Amy after your radio show about doing a review.

message 26: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Oh yes! I have a copy...sorry. I thought that was your first book! DUH. I do have a copy and I will be reviewing for ya very soon!! thanks!

message 27: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments Haha it's no problem don't worry about it! Nah my first I'm fixing up right now. Yay I hope you like it and your welcome :)

message 28: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments I can't wait to give it a read!!

message 29: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments yay! :)

message 30: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 10 comments Dale, that sounsd like it could be having java issues

message 31: by Dale (last edited Jul 05, 2011 04:27PM) (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) | 298 comments Well, I'm glad it's not just me and I have no idea how to clear out the cache or what java issues are! I'm very techno-challenged, it's sad really.

Cambria, great news on your progress! And the slop slingers sound hilarious (my mid-grade is rather dark by comparison).

I had so many agents/editors tell me they liked my books (both of them) but didn't love them, that I finally went to createspace...very easy to use. Of course, that was several years ago that I was pitching the novel, and I'd just kind of shelved the story and moved on, but with the advent of Amazon and B&N and createspace I thought, what the hell? Even if no one buys it, no one's reading it now anyway!

message 32: by Jen (new)

Jen  (jenlr) I have a question for all of the bloggers reading this (hopefully this is a good thread to ask)

When you have an author do a guest post on your blog do you suggest what you would like them to write about or just ask them to do it and let them have free reign?

Thanks much!

message 33: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Hey,
I would think it could go either way. If you are looking for type of review/post you should state that when asking someone to do a post....it might help if you knew if that person wrote those kinds of things though. LOL
I do guest posts for a friends blog and I am also doing one for another friends blog and both of them tell me do whatever i want and whatever represents me the most.
I will probably do guest posts on my blog as well and I will probably just ask for whatever they want to do...I often find that you get the best posts/opinions when you ask people to be themselves!

message 34: by Cassie (new)

Cassie McCown (cassie629) | 713 comments So far, I have just let them write about whatever they want.

message 35: by Jen (new)

Jen  (jenlr) Thanks ladies!

message 36: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments sure thing!

message 37: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) | 298 comments I think I'm going to start looking for authors to interview and guest on my blog. I had one this week, and it's cool!

message 38: by Jen (last edited Jul 06, 2011 03:58PM) (new)

Jen  (jenlr) I have my first one lined up :)

message 39: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments I was thinking of getting a few guest bloggers also.... and I have done 2 interviews (yet to be posted) and would like to do a few more.

message 40: by Jen (new)

Jen  (jenlr) I like to read blogger to blogger interviews too so I think it would be cool to post some of those. Coming up with original and interesting questions could take a little while though.

message 41: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments LOL. yes. I am posting my first interview on Friday and have another upcoming interview on the 22nd! It was fun and the questions weren't too bad to think up. :)

message 42: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments Well if it's your kind of thing, you lot all know I'm good to pimp my book around anyone's blog.....
But if you're after trad-pubbed rather than self-pubbed, no probs.

JAC

message 43: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments LOL! I will keep you in mind for sure JA! I support both indie and trad pubbed authors on my blog and I talk movies too...and anything else that comes up. :)

message 44: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments The undead, hot werewolves and toilet snakes, is what they're telling me...!
heheheh
JAC

message 45: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments People might have laughed at the toilet snake thing....but we all looked the next time. :)

Splitter

message 46: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments I guarantee everyone looked! LOL. I bet some of you still do. Be honest now....I look every single time.
HA
and JA there is nothing wrong with hot werewolves and warning people about the dangers of peeing.
That's right.
And last weeks show I asked very man out there what they would do in a certain situation.
Inquiring minds want to know these things.....

message 47: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments "And last weeks show I asked very man out there what they would do in a certain situation.
Inquiring minds want to know these things....."

It's a trap!!

Veteran husbands everywhere saw the danger a mile away! On answers like that, you don't even hesitate. You don't take a moment to think and you don't stutter. Then you say the ex put on weight since you saw her last...

Splitter

message 48: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Bah hahahahahaha.
You are very wise Splitter...yes, you have learned your lessons well!
Stay tuned....who knows what I am goign to say about werewolves on Tuesday!

message 49: by Amy Eye (new)

Some of us are just a teensy bit frightened about what you may say about werewolves on Tuesday! LMAO

message 50: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) | 298 comments Cambria and JA...if either of you want to do an interview on my blog, and flip it so I interview on yours, I'm game! My book just came out on amazon.com and I need to start going to market. Ew. THe big "M" word. Yes, feel free to shudder. I am!

« previous 1