Creative Reviews discussion

Looking to Review > To-Review List Empty

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anagha Uppal (last edited Aug 03, 2011 01:24PM) (new)

Anagha Uppal Hi all!

I just joined this group today and I think it's a wonderful place for authors and avid readers. I am a teenager and I love reading and reviewing books! My to-review list is currently empty and I want to discover some new authors.
I love YA, but I easily get hooked to almost anything. I do especially enjoy dystopian novels. No non-fiction, poetry or memoirs, please! And I can't concentrate while I'm reading ebooks, so that's out too (I read on my computer). My reviews will be posted on Goodreads, Librarything, Amazon, and occasionally a McMillan online book group, Smashwords, the local library website, and B&N.
Best :)

message 2: by Anagha Uppal (last edited Jul 02, 2011 08:18AM) (new)

Anagha Uppal Oh and in case I can't finish a book/you want an older reviewer, my mom has quite recently taken an interest to books and she'd be willing to review also.

message 3: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Awesome Anagha!! Great to see you here and before you know it your review list is going to be full!!!

message 4: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Anagha Uppal Thanks! You're right, this place is crazy-it's been a day and I already have 3 books being sent to me right now! And I'm not even taking ebooks. I admitted to myself that I just can't read ebooks (I read on my computer, so I get distracted easily).

message 5: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Glad you are having a great time and getting good reads!

message 6: by Everly (new)

Everly Anders | 42 comments Anagha wrote: "Hi all!

I just joined this group today and I think it's a wonderful place for authors and avid readers. I am a teenager and I love reading and reviewing books! My reviews go on Goodreads, Libraryt..."

Hi Anagha,
Welcome. You are so sweet to be doing reviews for people! Congrats, you must be out of school for the summer.
My book is a fantasy called The Seamstresses The Seamstresses. If you would like, click the book cover and read what it's about, it is a SHORT STORY. if you are interested please let me know, i would be happy to send you a copy.
Hope you have a good summer!
Elle
elleleparim.com

message 7: by Anagha Uppal (last edited Jul 02, 2011 10:54AM) (new)

Anagha Uppal You are so sweet to be doing reviews for people! Congrats, you must be out of school for the summer.
My book is a fantasy called The Seamstresses The Seamstresses."

It's a bit of a hobby, actually :)
Sure, it sounds like a good book, and I haven't read short stories in a while, so it'll be a nice change. I've heard of your book somewhere-did you have a GR or LT giveaway last month? Maybe an author spotlight recently?

message 8: by Everly (new)

Everly Anders | 42 comments Anagha wrote: "You are so sweet to be doing reviews for people! Congrats, you must be out of school for the summer.
My book is a fantasy called The Seamstresses The Seamstresses."

It's a bit of a hobby, actually..."

Yes! I am doing a giveaway! If someone downloads The Seamstress and then writes me a review and lets me know, they are entered into a contest to win the new Ipod Nano worth $149!
I don't know if that is something you might be interested in, but if you are, it's going on until july 30th.
Elle
ellelapraim.com

message 9: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments awesome!! thank you

message 10: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Anagha Uppal Elle wrote: If someone downloads The Seamstress and then writes me a review and lets me know, they are entered into a contest to win the new Ipod Nano worth $149!"

Most definitely!!

message 11: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) | 298 comments Totally cool, Elle!

message 12: by L.A. (new)

L.A. (TicToc) | 25 comments Hi Anaghak
I am interested in having a read an review. This is my book if you are interested please send me a PM.

Splintered: Sierra's Legacy

message 13: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Anagha Uppal Sent you that PM :)

message 14: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Anagha Uppal Deb wrote: "Hi Anagha,
I was wondering if you'd be interested in reviewing my book. It is a YA drama titled Changing My Wardrobe.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11...
I would be hap..."

I liked your blurb. You know, I'm a teensy bit like Lindsey, so I'm loving her already! I'll be happy to review the paperback :)

message 15: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Anagha Uppal Sure thing. I've gotten quite a few requests since I posted this. It might take a month or so, I hope you don't mind?

message 16: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Anagha Uppal EDIT: I just started a book blog. It's new, but it's mine! It's so exciting! I hope to have some followers soon, and if an author would like to have an interview and/or giveaway, I would greatly appreciate it :) http://www.book-spark.blogspot.com/

message 17: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) | 298 comments Hi Anagha, I'm following now! I'd be happy to do an interview too. Oh, and I have my book ordered, so will be sending a copy your way soon (we set this up last month, in case you don't remember). Took longer than I expected to get copies!

Fire in the Blood (Last Moon Rising) by Dale Ibitz

http://dalesplace-dale.blogspot.com/

message 18: by David (new)

David Santos (authordas) well if we pretended my book was non fiction would you read it? haha its for YA and its as close to reality as you can get so its not like you'll read aboust ghosts and vampires :P

The Hopeless Christiantic by David A. Santos

message 19: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Anagha Uppal Dale wrote: "Hi Anagha, I'm following now! I'd be happy to do an interview too. Oh, and I have my book ordered, so will be sending a copy your way soon (we set this up last month, in case you don't remember). T..."

Thank you so much for following me! I really appreciate it. No problem, looking forward to your book. :) It might take me a while to get to your book (with my new blog, I am getting flooded with review requests). I'm having to turn people down for the first time in my life lol. Can we set up an author interview/giveaway sometime in September? LMK

message 20: by Anagha Uppal (last edited Aug 03, 2011 02:13PM) (new)

Anagha Uppal David wrote: "well if we pretended my book was non fiction would you read it? haha its for YA and its as close to reality as you can get so its not like you'll read aboust ghosts and vampires :P

[bookcover:The ..."

If we pretended the book was non-fiction/memoir, there is no way I'd read it! :P The blurb sounds interesting! Is it a Christian novel though?

message 21: by David (new)

David Santos (authordas) Anagha wrote: "David wrote: "well if we pretended my book was non fiction would you read it? haha its for YA and its as close to reality as you can get so its not like you'll read about ghosts and vampires :P

[..."

The characters do go to church (some) but its not the main subject. The main character is a christian if that helps haha

message 22: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments Coool, Anagha!

If you need any more interview / giveaway stuff, you know mine's still e-copy only but happy to oblige. If you're prefer a hard copy, remind me again in Nov/Dec-time as the aim is to get it out then (but subject to progress....)
JAC

message 23: by Anagha Uppal (last edited Sep 07, 2011 05:07PM) (new)

Anagha Uppal David wrote: "Anagha wrote: "David wrote: "well if we pretended my book was non fiction would you read it? haha its for YA and its as close to reality as you can get so its not like you'll read about ghosts and ..."

Well, actually, I tend to shy away from Christian novels-that's why I was asking. Sure, send me a PM with your email address, and I'll send you my mailing address.

message 24: by Anagha Uppal (last edited Aug 04, 2011 09:46AM) (new)

Anagha Uppal J.A. wrote: "Coool, Anagha!

If you need any more interview / giveaway stuff, you know mine's still e-copy only but happy to oblige. If you're prefer a hard copy, remind me again in Nov/Dec-time as the aim is..."

Definitely JA! Now if I could just remember where I put my reminders list...

message 25: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments hahaha well you KNOW you'll hear about it on here if I ever get that far! Gonna be a dash though - just hit book 2 snaggage and in major-rethink mode, argharghargh!
JAC

message 26: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Anagha Uppal Uh oh. Well, good luck and I hope to be able to review it!

message 27: by Cassie (new)

Cassie McCown (cassie629) | 713 comments There will certainly be no empty to-review lists here! :-)

So glad you're here Anagha!

message 28: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Anagha Uppal Cassie wrote: "There will certainly be no empty to-review lists here! :-)

So glad you're here Anagha!"

There's just no way, is there? I've added more than 20 to my TBR since I joined Creative Reviews lol.