Book Haven discussion

General > Question about Goodreads site

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 148 comments I have just a general Goodreads question and I can't find what seems the appropriate place to post it, so I hope someone will see it here.
I have lots of people here with whom I've become "Friends". Every time I do this, I get the message that says something like "You and XXX are now friends. You can follow XXX's reviews on Goodreads." My question is, why don't I ever see any reviews of books?? Does nobody write reviews, or am I just not looking in the right place?
Would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction, and Thanks!

message 2: by Lora (new)

Lora (loraberry) Some people post reviews after they read a book & some dont. Basically what you are seeing is their book list of what they've read & vice versa. I have some on my list that write reviews & some that don't. So yes you're looking in the right place, just not everyone reviews things. Hope this helps ya! :)

message 3: by Danna (new)

Danna Well, as far as I know, to see your friends' books reviews, you should look for a specific book. If one of your friends had posted a review or rated it - you will see it right under the book's details (you know where all the plot, writer, pages are) - above every body else's reviews. It all depends on the book, dear.
Hope you understand, if not I could help you some more.

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 148 comments But I don't want to look for a specific book. I'd like to see reviews, because then it might prompt me to read a book someone gives a really good review, a book that I might never choose for myself. I thought maybe there was a place where I could see all the books my friends have reviewed.

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) On the home page you can select the updates tab instead of the group tab, it will show you your top friends' updates which include reviews. You manage your top friends simply click the friend tab at the top from there you can select or deselect people you follow.

A lot of people don't really post reviews though, or so it seems.