.:.Book Bodega.:. discussion

Picking New Books! > What To Read in August?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sammee (new)

Sammee (chasing_sammee) | 379 comments Mod
submit your thoughts on what you would like to read next. This will help us choose - Majority rules so make sure you throw in your suggestions.

message 2: by Lilybeth (new)

Lilybeth (_li_) | 335 comments Mod
A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan

Pride & Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith/Jane Austen

or maybe we can all get into a YA series, like Incarceron or Maze Runner.

message 3: by Sammee (last edited Jul 04, 2011 04:14AM) (new)

[BOOK: A Visit from the Goon Squad]by Jennifer Egan
[BOOK: The Book Thief] by Markus Zusak
[BOOK: The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror] BY Christopher Moore

I'm down for picking a YA series too Maze Runner by James Dashner is on my to-read list.

message 4: by Abby (new)

Abby (atanori512) | 86 comments I need something light and airy after June and July's pick... any suggestions? Want to read something in between... ayuda por favor!!

message 5: by Sammee (new)

What about Sex on the Moon: The Amazing Story Behind the Most Audacious Heist in History by Ben Mezrich? Many of his book have been adapted for movies & tv - 21(Bringing Down the House: The Inside Story of Six M.I.T. Students Who Took Vegas for Millions), Social Network (The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook, a Tale of Sex, Money, Genius and Betrayal), Skin (a story set as an X-Files episode)

it's billed as THE RIGHT STUFF meets OCEAN'S ELEVEN. Not sure if this is considered light but at least it seams interesting

message 6: by Lilybeth (new)

Abby wrote: "I need something light and airy after June and July's pick... any suggestions? Want to read something in between... ayuda por favor!!"

Read One Day by David Nicholls. You're going to love it.

message 7: by Steph (new)

Steph | 13 comments All sound good. The Maze Runner, The Stupidest Angel and Goon Squad sound good and pretty light. Well, maybe not Maze Runner. The Book Thief sounds good, but intense.

And Abby, I finished "One Day". It was great. A fun light reading.

message 8: by Abby (new)

Abby (atanori512) | 86 comments Just started it! :) So far so good ;)

message 9: by Abby (new)

Abby (atanori512) | 86 comments Love "One Day".. such a great book... but man the ending broke me. I was a crying mess in the first anniversary. I related to Em's frustration with fertility and how it can really tug at the fragile strings of a relationship. I loved watching both of them take their own routes but still always have this connection with one another even when they were apart. Great book. :)

So what else should I read!? I have so much time on my hands now....

message 10: by Lilybeth (new)

Abby wrote: "Love "One Day".. such a great book... but man the ending broke me. I was a crying mess in the first anniversary. I related to Em's frustration with fertility and how it can really tug at the fragil..."

I knew you'd love it.
Please read If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I know you're going to enjoy it!

message 11: by Abby (new)

Abby (atanori512) | 86 comments ok that'll be next for me! LOL I'm going through these so fast...

message 12: by Lilybeth (new)

When you're done with that, read "where she went". It's the conclusion of the story. I love these books so much. Author is one of my favs. Tell me when you've started. I can send you some video stuff author posted.

message 13: by Abby (new)

Abby (atanori512) | 86 comments yey!! sounds good!

Sorry I've boggarted this thread ladies...

message 14: by Sammee (new)

I"m so glad you loved ONe Day! Super great! And dont worry about bogarting this thread. It gave birth to a new section on Book Bodega called'Recommendations, Suggestions & Things ' so thanks for helping to make out book club better ;)