Goodreads Sci-Fi/Fantasy Authors discussion

Introductions > Hello From a Future Noir/Dark Fiction Author!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Shean (mshean) | 3 comments Hi there, folks. I'm new to Goodreads, but probing around I knew I'd have to say hello to you folks. My name's Michael, and I like to write about the cold and putrid underbelly of the worlds of science fiction.

You know, that old chestnut.

I also write horror fiction to a much lesser degree. I like writing stories that are character-driven, but still come to life within a world intricate enough that their struggles actually have purchase; my first book, recently launched, is an example of that.

I hope that I can meet up with more of you folks who prefer the darker side of science fiction. Every shiny starship has carbon scoring, after all, and every gilded future city is build on filthy earth. I hope that those of you who agree - in whatever capacity - will sign on and say hello.

Cheers,

Michael.

message 2: by Robert J. (new)

Robert J. Sullivan (RobertJSullivan) | 8 comments Michael wrote: "Hi there, folks. I'm new to Goodreads, but probing around I knew I'd have to say hello to you folks. My name's Michael, and I like to write about the cold and putrid underbelly of the worlds of sc..."

Welcome!
I'm also working that vein - I've got a first novel out, a hard-boiled detective looking for a serial killer where humans are the minority.

I think it's a rich vein - human (and alien) weaknesses in whole new settings.

Your book sounds interesting. Good luck.

message 3: by Sue (new)

Sue Bursztynski | 30 comments I must admit I like reading about the shiny spaceships, but future noir sounds good and my only published novel so far is a mediaeval werewolf fantasy, because I love folklore and the Faeries in folklore are pretty dark!

Good luck with your book!