Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Same ISBN, different publisher

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kieron (new)

Kieron (xnjester) | 3 comments I have just received my copy of a book. This edition (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32...) has the same ISBN as my copy, but is listed with a different publisher.

The listing has it published by Bantam Books. The copy I have is published by Grafton Books "A Division of the Collins Publishing Group" in the same year (1986). A quick look at Wikipedia tells me that Bantam and Grafton are not under the same parent group.

As a new librarian I am still learning how to handle such things and want to get it right.

How do I best process this book and listing (for accuracy)?

message 2: by vicki_girl (new)

vicki_girl | 2765 comments The publisher for that ISBN (0246126124) is listed as Grafton on Worldcat. I'd go ahead and change it, especially since you have it printed in the book as Grafton.

message 3: by Kieron (new)

Kieron (xnjester) | 3 comments Thank you. I have now bookmarked Worldcat as it looks like it would help a lot with these questionable calls.

I'll go and change it now.

Thanks for the quick response.

Kieron

message 4: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethjustbeth) | 1586 comments If the entry has an isbn, there will be a link on the page to that page on worldcat, too...I <3 worldcat. It also tells you the closest library system that has a book...which I LOVE.

*Sometimes* worldcat doesn't have that edition (kindle is never on there)...but it usually does!