"REHAB" discussion

Books! *Spoilers inside All* > Paolini Palace(that sounds so cheesy) - the Never-Ending Inheritance Cycle *spoilers 4 u who havn't finished all*

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

Hannah | 3223 comments Mod
Talk about the inheritance cycle...

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily | 665 comments I never finished the third one... I almost finished it. I had maybe 4 chapters left and kind of didn't care if I finished it or not. But I did really like the first book.

message 3: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments never ending... so true
the fourth book is finally coming out though!

message 4: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 900 comments when is it coming out? do you know the date? i only like the first and the second. the third was dumb and im only reading the fourth when it comes out to know how it ends.

message 5: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid I tried the first one, but I couldn't finish it. I just couldn't get through it.

message 6: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments i used to like it, but i started rereading them, and there are so many things that just dont make sense.
like how eragon learns how to sword fight and beats a few masters and learns a whole new language in a matter of months...
also, its so obvious to see where he gets all his ideas from.

though i guess i shouldnt really say anything. i probably cant do much better. he was pretty young for a published author after all

message 7: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

I couldn't finish one the first try.

Then a couple years later I attempted again and got through it. So I've read all three. but it's been awhile so I've lost bits and pieces in my head.... @(^_^)@

Seriously it's like a redone-with-some-diferences combo of Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. I mean...yeah there are some unique things...but I could give you lists of how they are EXACTLY the same. and I will produce them if you so desire

message 8: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments I've read all three and really just want Inheritance to come out so I can finish the series.

message 9: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 900 comments i know how you feel rae, i want the 4th to come out just so i can read it and be done.

message 10: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments I mean its not really all that good, but at least Paolini's characters have SOME depth to them.

message 11: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 900 comments yeah, i guess they do. i like arya, even though shes too perfect. i like katrina better though.

message 12: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments I'm not familiar with the side characters at the moment. Was she a girl in Eragon's village?

message 13: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

Katerina (klymene) | 2740 comments Mod
Yup, the one his cousin likes

message 14: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments Thats right. I remember her now.

message 15: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments ya. i like Katrina too :)

i would put in 'Wheel of Time' to the list too.
he definately based it off that as well

message 16: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments I've never read/heard about that one, Sia. What's it about?

message 17: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments its a really really long series written by Robert Jordan. very classic, heavy epic fantasy.
lord of the rings sorta genre...
the author died before writing the last book, but now someone else is doing it instead of him.

it reminds me of Eragon because the main characters come from a small town that is split off from the rest of the world by a huge forest [or is it river?], like Carvahall is [sp?]
there are a few other things too but i cant remember them. heres a link:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/81...

message 18: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

Okay Okay I think you may enjoy this:

http://shurtugal.com/

Bunch of articles and a video.

message 19: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) I agree with you all about it being similar to other books with a few unique ideas. I have another series to add to your 'based off if' list, Suzanne Collins' first series that nobody really knows about: Underland Chronicles. Eragon is very much like her main character and the abilities are similar.

message 20: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

Oh! You've read the Underland Chronicles? I actually really, really liked them. When I was that age, of course.

message 21: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Yes, when they were age appropriate (they would probably bore me now). I liked them and that's why I marked the hunger game 'to read' even before the craze hit, most of her writting is good, but isn't the main character (Gregory maybe?) Alot like Eragon in his skills (actually the other way around since she was first).

message 22: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

Gregor. Kinda I guess. Gregor's only major skill is the one where he goes into a blood rage, or something. That is kinda like Eragon's skills I guess

message 23: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

Okay so has anyone read Inheritance besides me?

--

I still haven't read Gregor

message 24: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Nope, sorry. I don't want to fork up 30$ for something I'll never read again and I haven't gotten my hands on the libary copy yet.

I was reffering to that and some of the major events (how they influence) , they both pick up skills really fast and what is it that Eragon does during battles where it's like the blood rage?

message 25: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

hehe. that's why I borrowed my friends copy. no worries its was iffy.
something like that

message 26: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 710 comments My brother's read it already, but I'm gonna wait until MY hold comes in on it since I have so many other books to read right now.

message 27: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 900 comments i have it but still havent had time to read it. my brother and dad read it already and i know what happens in the end anyway, so i'm not in any rush. i also want to re-read the first three before i read it and i really dont have time to do that now...

message 28: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

I have way to many. To tell the truth when I borrowed Inheritance I read like 3 other books at the same time because it's SO BIG

message 29: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Okay, so I actually just finished Inhertiance and I have to say well done Paolini. His writing matured and his characters/events diversified and became his own unique story.