SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

Retired Topics > August Book of the month (5 of the challenges)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12633 comments Mod
One Nomination per person (2 if you really can't decide).

The book you nominate has to be any book that can be used for at least 5 of the challenges running at the moment.

Nominations will be open until the 10th of July.

message 2: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12633 comments Mod
The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, #1) by Rick Riordan Cover, Mythology, Series, DBR, MishMash

message 3: by Lauren (last edited Jul 03, 2011 09:51AM) (new)

Lauren Smith Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

Cover (flag), mythology (ancient near eastern mythology), sci fi (cyberpunk and others), mishmash (virus), UTR, DBR. Depending on your progress, it could also be used for any or all of the A-Z challenges (it has a 'Y' character, if that helps) and Life Full of Books.

message 4: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12633 comments Mod
We need some more here!

message 5: by Claudia (new)

Claudia (claudiavstoomanybooks) | 1779 comments The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
Cover Challenge > Silhouette
Diabolical - Task 38 > Debut
MishMash - possible for Task 29 > Non-Fic
Harry Potter - Transportation device on cover
Life Full of Books, A-Z Author/Title/Location, UTR

message 6: by Naz (new)

Naz (nazz) | 615 comments The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins
*2011 A-Z Location Challenge - District 12
*A Life Full Of Books - 2008
*Star Search
*2011 Series Madness Challenge
*2011 A-Z Book Challenge/Author/Title
*Year Challenge Tasks > 1. Science Fiction Planning Thread - Sci-Fi dystopia/YA Sci-Fi
*Year Challenge Tasks > 2. Cover Challenge Planning Thread - Wings on the Cover
*Year Challenge Tasks > 4. Ultimate To-read list Planning Thread
*Year Challenge Tasks > 5. Book Hoarder's Challenge Planning Thread

message 7: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12633 comments Mod
Poll going up tomorrow :)

message 9: by Michele (new)

Michele Brenton (banana_the_poet) OH! :(
I really really really wanted to nominate Saturdays Are Gold by Pierre Van Rooyen - but I have been so busy dealing with the blasted printers who had stuffed up the launch of the hard cover version that I missed the deadline :( So I feel like a twit now for missing this opportunity. The book is now properly sorted out and should be available to buy online in hard cover next week - if we can get Amazon to get their system caught up and major relief - the copies for the Goodreads giveaway are on my table with the rest of the direct pre-orders. So that is good anyway. Now I need to find where on here to discuss The Book of Lost Things - which I actually managed to read in amongst all this panic. XXX