E.Y.A.B. discussion

Book Of The Month > The Host

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Zee (last edited Jun 30, 2011 02:29AM) (new)

Zee This Month We're gonna read THE HOST! Discuss this book here and express your opinion about it. Have fun and enjoy our buddyreads

message 2: by Natshane, H.F.G.Stealer (new)

Natshane | 5296 comments Mod
I love the eye!

message 3: by Zee (new)

Zee me too:D
I have this edition:)

message 4: by Natshane, H.F.G.Stealer (new)

Me too! How many editions does the book has? And I got it for my bday present.

message 5: by Zee (new)

Zee Natshane wrote: "Me too! How many editions does the book has? And I got it for my bday present."

Actually I bought it. Its cheap. It was for 8$.

message 6: by Natshane, H.F.G.Stealer (new)

My friend bought it for me, that time I was a big TTS fan, hehe.
And I sort of got it for free, :Lp

message 7: by Karinloos (new)

Karinloos | 1 comments I read this book last year already. I personally did not like this book.

The storyline is essentialy set in a period when alien beings have taken over the earth. The aliens reminded me a bit of the goauld beings in the stargate series. They inhabit their hosts / read take over the host and this is how they survive. Normally in this process the host mind dies. In this story the alien being is a softminded creature and inhabits a female freedom fighter. The host (female freedom fighter) is a very strong mind and remains intact. The story is mainly the interaction between the 2 ( host and invader) and their journey.

message 8: by Zee (new)

Zee Natshane wrote: "My friend bought it for me, that time I was a big TTS fan, hehe.
And I sort of got it for free, :Lp"

I envy you:(

message 9: by Zee (new)

Zee Karinloos wrote: "I read this book last year already. I personally did not like this book.

The storyline is essentialy set in a period when alien beings have taken over the earth. The aliens reminded me a bit of ..."

Seriously???
I haven't read it yet:O

message 10: by Natshane, H.F.G.Stealer (new)

Karinloos wrote: "I read this book last year already. I personally did not like this book.

The storyline is essentialy set in a period when alien beings have taken over the earth. The aliens reminded me a bit of ..."

Hmm, you may have a point, but I still like the story plot because it's unlike anything I've read before. It's a bit dramatic, I don't deny, but it creates a whole new imaginary world for me, a world where softhearted aliens took over humans, wouldn't it be better if the world is at peace? And I love the interaction between the characters and how the story actually developed.

message 11: by Natshane, H.F.G.Stealer (new)

Elixir Zee wrote: "Natshane wrote: "My friend bought it for me, that time I was a big TTS fan, hehe.

I envy you:("

Aww, it's just 8 bucks.

message 12: by Zee (new)

Zee Natshane wrote: "Karinloos wrote: "I read this book last year already. I personally did not like this book.

The storyline is essentialy set in a period when alien beings have taken over the earth. The aliens remin..."

So is it good or wat?

message 13: by Zee (new)

Zee Natshane wrote: "Elixir Zee wrote: "Natshane wrote: "My friend bought it for me, that time I was a big TTS fan, hehe.

Aww, it's just 8 bucks."

LOL...I know!

message 14: by Natshane, H.F.G.Stealer (new)

Elixir Zee wrote: "Natshane wrote: "Karinloos wrote: "I read this book last year already. I personally did not like this book.

The storyline is essentialy set in a period when alien beings have taken over the eart..."

Well, I loved it!

message 15: by Natshane, H.F.G.Stealer (new)

Elixir Zee wrote: "Natshane wrote: "Elixir Zee wrote: "Natshane wrote: "My friend bought it for me, that time I was a big TTS fan, hehe.

Aww, it's just 8 buck..."

I can't buy books that cheap, it costs RM 30 ++ here.

message 16: by Zee (new)

Zee Natshane wrote: "Elixir Zee wrote: "Natshane wrote: "Karinloos wrote: "I read this book last year already. I personally did not like this book.

The storyline is essentialy set in a period when alien beings have ta..."

Good!

message 17: by Natshane, H.F.G.Stealer (new)

Elixir Zee wrote: "Natshane wrote: "Elixir Zee wrote: "Natshane wrote: "Karinloos wrote: "I read this book last year already. I personally did not like this book.

The storyline is essentialy set in a period when a..."

When are you gonna read it?

message 18: by Zee (new)

Zee Idk this week I guess!

message 19: by Natshane, H.F.G.Stealer (new)

Hehe! Can't wait for you to tell me about what ya think!

message 20: by Zee (new)

Zee Natshane wrote: "Hehe! Can't wait for you to tell me about what ya think!"

yup I won't forget:)

message 21: by Natshane, H.F.G.Stealer (new)

I won;t make you forget, XD

message 22: by Zee (new)

Zee Thanx God I have a good alarm machine:P

message 23: by Natshane, H.F.G.Stealer (new)

XD! I'll be your spare alarm.

message 24: by Zee (new)

Zee Yeah Nat u r amazing. how can I possibly thank you???:P

message 25: by Natshane, H.F.G.Stealer (last edited Jun 30, 2011 04:23AM) (new)

By not taking away my Patch:)

message 26: by Zee (new)

Zee Natshane wrote: "By not taking away my Patch:)"

*coughs*
Nat thats hard....

message 27: by Natshane, H.F.G.Stealer (new)

Hey, you wanna thank me right? XDDD

message 28: by Zee (new)

Zee Natshane wrote: "Hey, you wanna thank me right? XDDD"

I take that back if it comes to Patch:P

message 29: by D.C. (new)

D.C. Menard (dcmenard) | 3 comments I love this book. I've already read it multiple times, so I probably wont read it again this month...I have too many new books that I want to read unfortunately...I just wish that Stephanie Meyer would finally make the sequal she promised...but I get the feeling that wont happen...sadly.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) GREAT BOOK

message 31: by Emilija (new)

Emilija (coffeechatter) I already read The Host and honestly I don't think I liked it all that much. Honestly Stephenie Meyer had an amazing idea, and an amazing world she built, but the plot of the story and the story itself just didn't run smoothly for me. I don't know what it was but there was just something that was bugging me. Even some of the characters.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i read it years ago. i didn't like it at first but once i got halfway thru i started loving it :)

i think i had to get over the fact that it's so different from twilight but in the end i honestly liked it better than twilight

message 33: by Emilija (new)

Emilija (coffeechatter) OCD Kay =P wrote: "i read it years ago. i didn't like it at first but once i got halfway thru i started loving it :)

i think i had to get over the fact that it's so different from twilight but in the end i honestly ..."

I liked The Host better than Twilight as well, but I still think that Stephenie could of done so much better than she did.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) yea she could have :)

message 35: by Emilija (new)

Emilija (coffeechatter) OCD Kay =P wrote: "yea she could have :)"

I liked the book enough to read the second one (The Soul) until the end of the book. I know won't like reading about Wonderer Spoiler Alert! in an another girls body.

message 36: by Natshane, H.F.G.Stealer (new)

Elixir Zee wrote: "Natshane wrote: "Hey, you wanna thank me right? XDDD"

I take that back if it comes to Patch:P"

Don't worry, my stealing skills are impressive, so you won't have him for long.

message 37: by Natshane, H.F.G.Stealer (new)

Emilija wrote: "OCD Kay =P wrote: "yea she could have :)"

I liked the book enough to read the second one (The Soul) until the end of the book. I know won't like reading about Wonderer Spoiler Alert! in an anothe..."

Yeah, me too, but I didn't hear any news about the second book though.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) Emilija wrote: "OCD Kay =P wrote: "yea she could have :)"

I liked the book enough to read the second one (The Soul) until the end of the book. I know won't like reading about Wonderer Spoiler Alert! in an anothe..."

i know i think it'll be really weird. coz if wanderer is the narrator i will miss reading from melanie's pov.
i honestly thing the way the book ended would have been a great ending. there's no need for a second books imo

i didn't even know there was gonna be another one until i cpl of months ago and i was like reli, i dnt reli think it's needed

message 39: by Emilija (new)

Emilija (coffeechatter) OCD Kay =P wrote: "Emilija wrote: "OCD Kay =P wrote: "yea she could have :)"

I liked the book enough to read the second one (The Soul) until the end of the book. I know won't like reading about Wonderer Spoiler Ale..."

Yeah, same here.

message 40: by Natshane, H.F.G.Stealer (new)

Emilija wrote: "OCD Kay =P wrote: "Emilija wrote: "OCD Kay =P wrote: "yea she could have :)"

I liked the book enough to read the second one (The Soul) until the end of the book. I know won't like reading about W..."

But I would also be interested in reading from Wanda's POV because I would love to know how she is coping with the humans posessing the knowledge to fight back.

message 41: by Emilija (new)

Emilija (coffeechatter) Natshane wrote: "Emilija wrote: "OCD Kay =P wrote: "Emilija wrote: "OCD Kay =P wrote: "yea she could have :)"

I liked the book enough to read the second one (The Soul) until the end of the book. I know won't like..."

Yeah it would be, but it's just the body she is in. She kept saying how weak it was and how frustrated she was that she couldn't do much, and that frustrated me. So in the second book I just won't be able to cope with reading about her complaining, because she will be frustrated and I will get frustrated and then I will throw the book at the wall (I tend to do that a lot with books I don't like) and nothing will work out. So I will wait until the book comes out, see what people say about it and then decide if I want to read it. :)

message 42: by Natshane, H.F.G.Stealer (new)

Emilija wrote: "Natshane wrote: "Emilija wrote: "OCD Kay =P wrote: "Emilija wrote: "OCD Kay =P wrote: "yea she could have :)"

I liked the book enough to read the second one (The Soul) until the end of the book. I..."

Hmm, you've got a reasonable point, we don't want her to end up like Bella won't we, lol. But I'm also hoping she could cope with it and that I want to see her relationship with Mel and Ian blossoms, and the awkward moment with Jared.

message 43: by Emilija (new)

Emilija (coffeechatter) Natshane wrote: "Emilija wrote: "Natshane wrote: "Emilija wrote: "OCD Kay =P wrote: "Emilija wrote: "OCD Kay =P wrote: "yea she could have :)"

I liked the book enough to read the second one (The Soul) until the en..."

Well you have a good point too. So if it's ok I will wait until you read the book and I will trust your opinion on it, and then decide if it's worth reading. :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) maybe the body she got got stronger the more she was living in it. Like it could have only been weak because she had just been put in the body. It may have took a little time to get used to it

message 45: by Emilija (new)

Emilija (coffeechatter) OCD Kay =P wrote: "maybe the body she got got stronger the more she was living in it. Like it could have only been weak because she had just been put in the body. It may have took a little time to get used to it"

Maybe, maybe. But I'm still not going to run to the store to get it when it comes out. :D

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) no me either. i think i'd get it say after it's been out a while and see it in store for quite cheap but tbh i like the way it ended, i think it's a great ending that doesn't need more adding to it.

has she even wrote it yet?

message 47: by Emilija (new)

Emilija (coffeechatter) OCD Kay =P wrote: "no me either. i think i'd get it say after it's been out a while and see it in store for quite cheap but tbh i like the way it ended, i think it's a great ending that doesn't need more adding to it..."

No I think it will come out in, like, 2012. I don't know maybe she has wrote it already, but it only comes out then. You can never know.

But yeah I think that the ending in the book was perfect and it doesn't need any adding to it. :)

message 48: by Natshane, H.F.G.Stealer (new)

Emilija wrote: "Natshane wrote: "Emilija wrote: "Natshane wrote: "Emilija wrote: "OCD Kay =P wrote: "Emilija wrote: "OCD Kay =P wrote: "yea she could have :)"

I liked the book enough to read the second one (The S..."

Haha, I'm honoured:) Only if Stephenie decides to continue writing it though.

message 49: by Emilija (new)

Emilija (coffeechatter) Natshane wrote: "Emilija wrote: "Natshane wrote: "Emilija wrote: "Natshane wrote: "Emilija wrote: "OCD Kay =P wrote: "Emilija wrote: "OCD Kay =P wrote: "yea she could have :)"

I liked the book enough to read the s..."

Yeah she's going to make it a trilogy. There's The Host, The Soul and The Seeker. I think.

message 50: by Natshane, H.F.G.Stealer (new)

Yeah, that's what I saw, but SM has been laying low these days.

« previous 1