Project Gutenberg Project (& Challenge!) discussion

General discussion about PGP > What books have you read on PG?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin WV | 2 comments I don't have an e-reader (yet) so I don't read a lot of digital books, but I've found that slow days at work can be passed quite pleasantly with an e-book from Project Gutenberg. Last summer I read Frankensteinin dribs and drabs and this month I've been making my way through Eugenie Grandet. Does anybody else read PG books on their computers? (Hopefully not when they should be working? Not that I ever would...)

message 2: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) I've read a lot of books from Gutenberg, as I have an ereader and I love being able to dip into (and out of!) the classics so easily.

The Importance of Being Earnest
The Three Musketeers
The Count of Monte Cristo
Pride and Prejudice
Kim
... and that is not all.

I don't read on the computer as I find it hard on the eyes and not comfortable. I prefer to read in a chair or in bed.

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin WV | 2 comments I don't find reading on the computer ideal, either, but I like that PG is there if I've got a computer in front of me and nothing to occupy my mind at that moment.

I hardly ever read on the site itself; I generally download the book into a word program so I can control the character size and font type. I make it as readable as possible.

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott Shjefte (sesame) | 2 comments Been looking at the Baun books of Oz, rainbows and bluebirds have always fascinated me. Also some classic SF including Advance Agent, by Christopher Anvil; some H. G. Wells; and a whole bunch more, sort of like trying to take a drink from a fire hose with no valve to control the flow.