Gone (Jack Caffery, #5) Gone discussion

Comments!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Michelle Geaney This book is part of my 2011 Book challenge, and i absolutely loved it. I'm wondering what everyone else thinks though!

message 2: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva It's part of mine as well :)
I thought it was very well written... she has a nice writing-style. Am definitely reading more of hers...

message 3: by Mary (last edited Jul 05, 2011 01:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mary I read these books out of sequence, I think I read Skin first and knew I'd missed something, so I then went back to the first of the series and read them all. Then, I read her stand-alones, The Devil of Nanking and "Pig Island". Mo Hayder is a fantastic writer and under-rated in my opinion. "The Devil of Nanking" also titled "Tokyo" stayed with me for quite a while after I read it.

Nicole Loved this book. Read them out of order but read Ritual Skin and then Gone, before going back to Treatment... Odd order but so far gone is my fave. Loved the style of writing and loved the plot.

Colleen like her style

Michelle Geaney Someone told me, think it was a bookshop 'HE doesnt have any new books out'. I thought Mo Hayder was a woman. Never thought to google it, but everyone says shes female.

I am trying to track down the ones you all mentioned, thought it'd be no problem getting them but ill have to go online id say, so I know what you mean by being underrated Mary!

Colleen She is a blonde woman in her pictures on the jackets of her books...

Joanne Parkington go to www.mohayder.net ... it's HER official website !! love Mo Hayder book's, my only complaint is that she doesnt write often enough & there are still no Jack Caffrey's in the pipeline ... out of all the gore/horror and serial killer books there are i think Mo's are up there with the best .. especially the back story to Caffrey's brother .. give's me the creeps every time i think about what happend to him ... scary stuff.

Jenni Michelle wrote: "This book is part of my 2011 Book challenge, and i absolutely loved it. I'm wondering what everyone else thinks though!"

Absolutely love all of her books, wait in great anticipation for the next one to come out!!!

Alexandra Sokoloff I love all her books, have read most of them multiple times. GONE is her best since the first two in the Caffrey series, I think. I've already read it three times - I keep trying to read other stuff and then going back to that one!

Nicki I loved this book,i honestly could not put it down once i started reading it.I have not read any of Mo Hayders books before this one but if they are all as good as this one i will be reading the others in the Caffery series.

message 12: by Plum-crazy (last edited Oct 22, 2014 03:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Plum-crazy I love this author & in particular this series.I recently read "Poppet" which I had kept seeing advertised with the tagline "is this the scariest book ever?" Well for me it wasn't but that's not to say that it wasn't a brilliant, gripping read but it didn't have the fearfactor that had me gulping in suspense in "The Treatment" & "Birdman".

Alexandra Sokoloff Plum-crazy, The Treatment is the most disturbing book I've ever read. I've read most of Hayder's books multiple times, but even though I think The Treatment is the best, I can't bear to live through it again.

What did you think of Wolf?

Plum-crazy Alexandra wrote: "Plum-crazy, The Treatment is the most disturbing book I've ever read. I've read most of Hayder's books multiple times, but even though I think The Treatment is the best, I can't bear to live throu..."

Haven't read it yet -must put it on my Christmas list!
I hope Jack will feature more than he did in " Poppet" & looking forward to what happens with Flea.