Reader's Ink discussion

Housekeeping > Format for Discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 384 comments Mod
Carol asked about format for our discussion, beginning on Friday. I think that what we’ve been doing so far works just fine. I’ll post a few questions to get us going. And whoever wants to start a new topic or question related to Louisa May, please do so! Folks can respond as they want. I imagine the discussions will go on for some time. Jump in or ignore as you wish!

Carol, you mentioned putting your notes into a Word doc and copying and pasting onto the forum--that seems like it would work just fine. Whatever floats your literary boat!

I hope you all enjoyed Louisa May and have figured out a way to get yourself a copy of Skippy. Next week, we’ll announce Alisha’s pick for August! Get excited!

message 2: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 115 comments sounds like a plan to me...I like the informality and spontaneity ( spelling?) of the threads now....makes me want to keep checking for updates.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 251 comments I'll second Meghan - too regimented, and I'll feel like I'm back in school. What's been going on so far has been the perfect balance of an informal structure.

message 4: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 115 comments Lauren if we were back in school we would all read the syllabus and refrain from taking action on anything until midnight the night before it was due...then proceed to caffinate and sugar high ourselves and do a month's worth of disscussing in one sitting...looking back on it...yeah..I like this way much better.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 251 comments That was just you and me, Meghan. Ashley actually stayed on track and did her work. That's why she's our fearless book club leader.

message 6: by Carol (new)

Carol  Jones-Campbell (cajonesdoa) | 640 comments Mod
Didn't know I was going to be "first blood," but threw out the gauntlet.

I still haven't received Skippy. I hope it comes soon. You all are going to be finished with it before I even get it. Jealous of you who got it at your library. Last I looked I was 19 out of 20 on holds, so have a WHILE to go. Hope my order comes before then.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 251 comments Oh, I'm still on a Louisa May kick. Someone told me I needed to read Eden's Outcasts (a biography of Louisa and Bronson that won a Pulitzer a few years back) if I was going to read fictional accounts of them. It's long, but it's absolutely fascinating.

Meanwhile, Skippy Dies sits unread on my shelf.

message 8: by Carol (new)

Carol  Jones-Campbell (cajonesdoa) | 640 comments Mod
Lauren, wished we lived closer, I'd borrow your Skippy! :-)

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 384 comments Mod
Remember, my darlings, y'all are TOTALLY FREE to post questions in the Louisa May discussion! Just start a new topic if you feel so compelled!