Good YA Series discussion

Becca Fitzpatrick
This topic is about Becca Fitzpatrick
Hush, Hush > Comments on: Getting Started and Cover Art

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lissa Smith Reads'~A Bookaholics Bookshelf (last edited Jul 02, 2011 11:46AM) (new)

Lissa Smith Reads'~A Bookaholics Bookshelf (lissasmithreads) Getting Started

Super Excited to re-read Hush, Hush. Yes, I have read it in the past but I was speed-reading through it so I could return it to my local library on time. I must have loved what I read because it made it to my must purchase list. I think this is the story with Patch so I cannot wait to read and hear everyone comments along the way.

message 2: by Lissa Smith Reads'~A Bookaholics Bookshelf (last edited Jul 03, 2011 12:46AM) (new)

Lissa Smith Reads'~A Bookaholics Bookshelf (lissasmithreads) Getting Started

I am going to try to only read 15 to 20 or 25 pages daily. With that in mind it should only take 16 to 25 days max to finish the book. That way we can have a detailed discussion. Yet I still wonder…were was my Patch when I was in high school???? LOL!!!...

message 3: by Lissa Smith Reads'~A Bookaholics Bookshelf (last edited Jul 02, 2011 11:46AM) (new)

Lissa Smith Reads'~A Bookaholics Bookshelf (lissasmithreads) Cover Art

I have never been involved in a discussion group before so if I get to windy for you all just let me know...

First I must comment on the cover art. It has more than likely been said repeatedly but I love it. It is amazing. It is what drew me into the book to begin with. It does not look as he is falling but looks as he is being forced to fall.

message 4: by Jurga (new)

Jurga | 37 comments Lissa wrote: "I still wonder…were was my Patch when I was in high school???? LOL!!!..."

LOL , yeah the majority of books I've red recently starts with the new girl in the new school... And Tristan (Kissed by an angel), Edward (Twilight) , Nick (Need) , Patch (Hush, hush) show up to save the day ....

Lissa Smith Reads'~A Bookaholics Bookshelf (lissasmithreads) Jurga wrote: " Lissa wrote: "I still wonder…were was my Patch when I was in high school???? LOL!!!..."

LOL , yeah the majority of books I've red recently starts with the new girl in the new school... And Trista..."

I seem to be drawn the same thing however, that is what is popular now. To me it is history repeating itself. When I was a teen it was Lisa Jane Smith (LJ Smith) and those alike who wrote the popular teen heroin books. Nevertheless it is still the same these strong young men were not real then nor are they now except in the recess of all girls imagination. ….

message 6: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crystalways) | 305 comments Mod
I like how on the cover the whole picture is black and white except the top right corner where the feathers look red, as if they are covered in blood. I makes me think, "Wow... He must be involved in something really dark."

message 7: by Lissa Smith Reads'~A Bookaholics Bookshelf (last edited Jul 03, 2011 12:55AM) (new)

Lissa Smith Reads'~A Bookaholics Bookshelf (lissasmithreads) Crystal wrote: "I like how on the cover the whole picture is black and white except the top right corner where the feathers look red, as if they are covered in blood. I makes me think, "Wow... He must be involved ..."

You make a great point. Funny story.... I lost my cover. I take them off when I read so I do not mess them up in any way. Well I keep moving around with this book and I can not for the life of me recall where I left it.

Chels (farewell autumn) (farewell-autumn) Getting started:
I gave up on this book long ago. I don´t know why because I was having fun reading it. I sometimes don´t make sense :/

Well, I want to read it again, from the very start ^^

Cover art:
I find the colors a bit dark, though the image is amazing :)

Lissa Smith Reads'~A Bookaholics Bookshelf (lissasmithreads) F i r e wrote: "Getting started:
I gave up on this book long ago. I don´t know why because I was having fun reading it. I sometimes don´t make sense :/

Well, I want to read it again, from the very start ^^

Cover..."

I had read it a long time ago before its release date. I was speed-reading it to get it out of the way, because it was a YA book. However, now I find myself reading lots of YA now. Now that I am relaxed and re-reading it… I can see why I gave it a 4.5/5 star rating. I am so enjoying the witty banter between Nora and Patch. I love Patch’s quick charm. Albeit does not take me back to my teens, however, it does take me back to my early to mid twenties.

message 10: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (rachaelt) | 11 comments Lissa wrote: "Crystal wrote: "I like how on the cover the whole picture is black and white except the top right corner where the feathers look red, as if they are covered in blood. I makes me think, "Wow... He m..."

I do that too. I take my book everywhere when I am interested. By the time I finish it looks all ghetts. Then I just put the cover back on and it looks brand new

message 11: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (rachaelt) | 11 comments Crystal wrote: "I like how on the cover the whole picture is black and white except the top right corner where the feathers look red, as if they are covered in blood. I makes me think, "Wow... He must be involved ..."
As bad as it sounds, I can't read a book with an ugly cover. It distracts me. The cover is what made me pick it up.

message 12: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crystalways) | 305 comments Mod
Rachael wrote: "As bad as it sounds, I can't read a book with an ugly cover. It distracts me. The cover is what made me pick it up..."

I never use to notice the covers. I'd just hear about a book, and then I'd find it and just read it. I only really started noticing covers when someone recommended this book to me. One of the points they tried to sell me on was how good the cover looks.

message 13: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (rachaelt) | 11 comments Diane wrote: "Crystal wrote: "Rachael wrote: "As bad as it sounds, I can't read a book with an ugly cover. It distracts me. The cover is what made me pick it up..."

I never use to notice the covers. I'd just ..."

The cover is the thing that makes me pick up a book and read the description in the endless shelves of books. This applies to books I found myself, not book's that have been recommended. The cover sparks my attention

message 14: by Nadja (new)

Nadja Mann (Hisangel13) | 2 comments The covers are amazing! It's also the reason I picked it up. Can't help lovin' a good looking cover.

message 15: by Marijke (new)

Marijke de Zwaan-Jansen (marijkefjansen) Actually, the cover is the most important reason that I read it in English and not in Dutch. The Dutch cover (Dutch title is "Drift") is absolutely horrible! I think it must represent Patch, but that's not how I pictured him! But I absolutely LOVE the English cover!

message 16: by Arushi (new)

Arushi (arushilisa) whoa, what does the dutch cover look like?

ps, i looooove the cover of silence. its soo cute <3