We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Archives - Challenges > July's Spell it Out! Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 101 (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (last edited Jun 29, 2011 09:37AM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments July's Spell it Out! Challenge

Duration - July 1st - 31st

With this challenge you can choose to spell the word July, or you can choose to spell out a word (or words) that makes you think of July.

For example -

F - Fallen From Grace
R
E - Eloisa James - When Beauty Tamed the Beast
E
D
O
M - Maclean, Sarah - Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart

As you update your reading stats, please list the actual number at the top of your post so that I can easily find it and list it when I update the participants list.

Please sign up below if you're interested!

message 2: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (last edited Aug 01, 2011 01:09PM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Participants -

Desiree---------------- 6/6 - - - Done!!!!!
Dhestiny-----------------------4/4 - - - Done!!!
Jane-------------------------6/9
Katherine-------------------3/4
KK---------------5/5 - - - Done!!!!!!!
Lisa Kay-----------------12/12 - - - Done!!
Nissie-------------------------4/4 - - -Done!!!!!!
Rootless Tree
Sheery------------------4/5
Steffi----------------5/5 - - - Done!!!!!!!!

message 3: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (last edited Jul 20, 2011 07:09AM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Dhes' July's Spell it Out Challenge

4/4 DONE!!!

J. Joey W. Hill Chance of a Lifetime Done July 3rd
U. Unleashed Done
L. Lord of the Vampires by Gena Showalter Done
Y. YUMMY!! Hot Head - Done July 20

Chance of a Lifetime by Joey W. Hill Lucky's Lady (Doucet, #2) by Tami Hoag Unleashed by Cherrie Lynn Lord of the Vampires (Royal House of Shadows, #1) by Gena Showalter Hot Head by Damon Suede

CJ - It's only a Paper Moon (bookewyrm) | 18 comments I guess I'll give it a try ;)

CJ - It's only a Paper Moon (bookewyrm) | 18 comments Do I have to give the word now? And what number are you referring to? (Sorry for being a bit spazzy, this is my first reading challenge)

message 6: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Rootless Tree (CJ) wrote: "Do I have to give the word now? And what number are you referring to? (Sorry for being a bit spazzy, this is my first reading challenge)"

YAY! A challenge newbie!!! Welcome :)

You don't have to list anything now. In fact, you can make it all up as you go. You just have to have your final stats posted by July 31st.

CJ - It's only a Paper Moon (bookewyrm) | 18 comments I'm nervous!

message 8: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Rootless Tree (CJ) wrote: "I'm nervous!"

Oh, don't be! It's very easy. Feel free to see what others are doing and copy :)

You can use ANYTHING you want to spell the word. Author's first name, last name, name of book, any word from the title of the book... just list how it made you think of July :)

message 9: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (last edited Jun 29, 2011 10:15AM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Steffi wrote: "I'm in, Dhes! Put me down for five. I think I'm going to post as I go along..."

You bet!

message 10: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Oh, this is the Spell it Out! Challenge, Steffi. Is yours a 5 letter word or did you mean to post in the BYOC challenge?

message 11: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments "Rootless Tree (CJ) wrote: "I'm nervous!"
"

You know, you should take a look at the June challenges in this folder and see what others have chosen to do. There are some great ideas!

message 12: by Desiree M ~*~*~ (new)

Desiree M ~*~*~ LiveReadCollect (livereadcollect) | 286 comments I'll participate again. :D

I'm going to spell out the word 'Family' because we have so many birthdays, anniversaries and family BBQ's and get togethers during July.

July's Spell it Out! Challenge

Completed: 0/6

F-
A-Alpha & Omega in On the Prowl by Patricia Briggs
M-
I-
L-A Lot Like Love by Julie James
Y-Because You're Mine by Lisa Kleypas

On the Prowl (includes Alpha & Omega #0.5 World of the Lupi #3.5 Monère #4 Dorina Basarab #1.1) by Patricia Briggs A Lot Like Love by Julie James Because You're Mine (Capital Theatre, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

message 13: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments I like that, Desiree!

message 14: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Steffi wrote: "I'm going to Italy with my sister, her husband and my little niece in late July"

Oh. How. Fun!

I'm jealous!!!!!!!!

message 15: by Sheery (new)

Sheery (wwwgoodreadscomprofilesheery) | 29 comments I'm in although I'm not sure what i want to spell yet.

message 16: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments We're glad to have you, Sheery! Post when you're ready, or as you go!

message 17: by Sheery (last edited Jun 29, 2011 03:54PM) (new)

Sheery (wwwgoodreadscomprofilesheery) | 29 comments Oh, I thought of the perfect word. Stars. :) My youngest daughter says fireworks remind her of the stars. Plus, we are going to be camping (in the yard, but still) and there are stars (hopefully) when you camp. The only letter I don't know yet is the 'A' but I'll find something.

0/5 completed

S - See, Lisa Dreams of Joy
T - A Table for Three by Lainey Reese
A -
R - Robertson, Michael - The Brothers of Baker Street
S - S. J. Watson - Before I Go to Sleep

ETA: I guess the 'A' could be used with 'A Table for Three' but then I still need a 'T'. LOL I'm over thinking this at the moment.

message 18: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Sheery wrote: "Oh, I thought of the perfect word. Stars. :) "

I love it!

message 19: by Katherine (last edited Jul 01, 2011 06:45AM) (new)

Katherine | 828 comments spelling July

0/4

1) Just Like Heaven
2) Lover Unbound I'm using the "Unbound" for my "U" :)
3) Linda Lael Miiler McKettricks of Texas: Austin
4) need to find a "Y"

CJ - It's only a Paper Moon (bookewyrm) | 18 comments I've got some thinking to do :)

message 21: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert I'm in, sweets! I just don't have it in me to be creative or witty in this heat, so I'm just gonna spell July. :P

message 22: by Jane (last edited Jul 06, 2011 01:54PM) (new)

Jane (PlainJanie) | 79 comments Okay I'm in. This will be my second challenge and I love it because it really gets me to read some of the books that have been in my TBR pile for a while.

F - Fletcher, Donna - The Buccaneer 7/2/11
I - Isle of Lies - Donna Fletcher 7/3/11
R - Ranney, Karen - A Promise of Love
E - Everything and the Moon - Julia Quinn 7/3/11
W - When Harry Met Molly - Kieran Kramer
O - One Touch of Scandal - Liz Carlyle
R - Roberts, Nora - O'Hurley Born
K - Kiss Me Quick - Margaret Moore
S - Scandal Becomes Her - Shirlee Busbee

message 23: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments I'm glad you're enjoying it, Jane! It's fun to be able to be so creative with your challenges, isn't it?

message 24: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Steffi wrote: "Don't be. It's going to be fun but there is also going to be a lot of babysitting duty for me!! "

Hopefully you'll get in some good "me" time.... well, "you" time... can't be "me" time because "I" won't be there. *sigh* Now I'm jealous again. ;)

message 25: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Nissie wrote: "I'm in, sweets! I just don't have it in me to be creative or witty in this heat, so I'm just gonna spell July. :P"

That works for me!

message 26: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments That'd be great! I'd love to see pictures!

message 27: by Desiree M ~*~*~ (new)

Desiree M ~*~*~ LiveReadCollect (livereadcollect) | 286 comments July's Spell it Out! Challenge

Completed: 1/6

F-
A-Alpha & Omega in On the Prowl by Patricia Briggs Done 7/3 ****
M-
I-
L-A Lot Like Love by Julie James

On the Prowl (includes Alpha & Omega #0.5 World of the Lupi #3.5 Monère #4 Dorina Basarab #1.1) by Patricia Briggs A Lot Like Love by Julie James Because You're Mine (Capital Theatre, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

message 28: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Dhes' July's Spell it Out Challenge

U.
L. Lucky's Lady by Tami Hoag
Y.

Chance of a Lifetime by Joey W. Hill Lucky's Lady (Doucet, #2) by Tami Hoag

message 29: by CJ - It's only a Paper Moon (last edited Jul 31, 2011 06:47PM) (new)

CJ - It's only a Paper Moon (bookewyrm) | 18 comments 75% complete
3/4 complete

H.appy Ever After -Nora RobertsHappy Ever After (Bride Quartet, #4) by Nora Roberts July 6

E.lizabeth Hoyt - The Raven PrinceThe Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1) by Elizabeth Hoyt - July 21

A.lissa Johnson "Nearly a Lady" - Nearly a Lady by Alissa Johnson July 11**

T.he Duke of Shadows The Duke of Shadows by Meredith Duran - Meredith Duran

I think I'll be finished by tomorrow afternoon grrr!
**Read this book people!! It's amazing! ;)

CJ - It's only a Paper Moon (bookewyrm) | 18 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Rootless Tree (CJ) wrote: "Do I have to give the word now? And what number are you referring to? (Sorry for being a bit spazzy, this is my first reading challenge)"

YAY! A challenge newbie!!! Welc..."

Can this be contemporary romance or historical romance or both? No PNR, right?

message 31: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Rootless Tree (CJ) wrote: "Can this be contemporary romance or historical romance or both? No PNR, right? "

It can be anything! Paranormal, Historical, Erotic, Contemporary... anything YOU want!

message 33: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Rootless Tree (CJ) wrote: "Sweet!"

:)

There is very little restriction to these challenges! I suppose some people might think they don't qualify as challenges because they're so easy, but I think they are because we set our own goals and then read to achieve them!

CJ - It's only a Paper Moon (bookewyrm) | 18 comments I'm going to try to stay on the romance train as a challenge to me ;)

message 35: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (last edited Jul 04, 2011 02:32PM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments During the All Things Spring Challenge, I created my Spring Cleaning challenge and restricted myself to books that were part of a series that needed to be "cleaned up" or books that had been sitting on my shelves "collecting dust."

For the All Things Summer Challenge, I'm too lazy to make a list, so in keeping with the Lazy Days of Summer, I'm NOT making a list. I'll read what I want, when I want, because I'm too lazy to work any harder on my challenge than that :)

message 36: by Desiree M ~*~*~ (new)

Desiree M ~*~*~ LiveReadCollect (livereadcollect) | 286 comments July's Spell it Out! Challenge

Completed: 2/6

F-
M-
I-
L-A Lot Like Love by Julie James Done 7/5 *****

message 37: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 828 comments spelling July

1/4

1) Just Like Heaven read 5*
2) Lover Unbound I'm using the "Unbound" for my "U" :)
3) Linda Lael Miiler McKettricks of Texas: Austin
4) need to find a "Y"

CJ - It's only a Paper Moon (bookewyrm) | 18 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "During the All Things Spring Challenge, I created my Spring Cleaning challenge and restricted myself to books that were part of a series that needed to be "cleaned up" or books that had been sittin..."

Damn good thinking :)

message 39: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Rootless Tree (CJ) wrote: "Damn good thinking :) "

Why, thank you! :)

message 40: by Jane (new)

Jane (PlainJanie) | 79 comments F - Fletcher, Donna - The Buccaneer 7/2/11
I - Isle of Lies - Donna Fletcher 7/3/11
R - Ranney, Karen - A Promise of Love
E - Everything and the Moon - Julia Quinn 7/3/11
W - When Harry Met Molly - Kieran Kramer
O - One Touch of Scandal - Liz Carlyle
R - Roberts, Nora - O'Hurley Born
K - Kiss Me Quick - Margaret Moore
S - Scandal Becomes Her - Shirlee Busbee

3 Down - 6 to go

message 41: by Nissie Lambert (last edited Jul 08, 2011 12:10AM) (new)

Nissie Lambert 1/4

J- Erotic Images by Missy Jane---finished 7/6

U-

L-

Y-

message 42: by Desiree M ~*~*~ (new)

Completed: 3/6

F- The Forbidden Lord by Sabrina Jeffries Done 7/13 ****
M- Masques by Patricia Briggs or Montana (state) in Cry Wolf by Patrica Briggs
I-Ilona Andrews, Magic Bites (if it comes from the library soon)

The Forbidden Lord (Lord Trilogy, #2) by Sabrina Jeffries On the Prowl (includes Alpha & Omega #0.5 World of the Lupi #3.5 Monère #4 Dorina Basarab #1.1) by Patricia Briggs Masques by Patricia Briggs Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews A Lot Like Love by Julie James Because You're Mine (Capital Theatre, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

message 43: by KK (last edited Jul 23, 2011 04:21PM) (new)

KK (kk84) | 317 comments I'm gonna spell beach cause I just came back from a fantastic week-long visit to friend's beach house. You gotta love good friends with beach houses :)

2/5

B Bramanis, Riho-Bruno - Õhk riisiterade vahel. Kaheksa aastat Jaapanis, finished 7/14/11, 3*
E
A
C
H Humphrys, John - Blue Skies and Black Olives: A Survivor's Tale of Housebuilding and Peacock Chasing in Greece, finished 7/13/11, 3*

Blue Skies and Black Olives A Survivor's Tale of Housebuilding and Peacock Chasing in Greece by John Humphrys Õhk riisiterade vahel. Kaheksa aastat Jaapanis by Riho-Bruno Bramanis

message 44: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

U. Unleashed Done
Y.

Chance of a Lifetime by Joey W. Hill Lucky's Lady (Doucet, #2) by Tami Hoag Unleashed by Cherrie Lynn Lord of the Vampires (Royal House of Shadows, #1) by Gena Showalter

Now the hard part... finding that Y read.

message 45: by Desiree M ~*~*~ (new)

Completed: 4/6

M- Montana (state) in Cry Wolf by Patrica Briggs Done 7/17 ****
I-Ilona Andrews, Magic Bites

The Forbidden Lord (Lord Trilogy, #2) by Sabrina Jeffries On the Prowl (includes Alpha & Omega #0.5 World of the Lupi #3.5 Monère #4 Dorina Basarab #1.1) by Patricia Briggs Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews A Lot Like Love by Julie James Because You're Mine (Capital Theatre, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

message 46: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert 2/4

J- Erotic Images by Missy Jane---finished 7/6

U-

L- A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole---finished 7/16

Y-

message 47: by Desiree M ~*~*~ (new)

Completed: 5/6

M- Montana (state) in Cry Wolf by Patrica Briggs Done 7/17 ****
I-Ilona Andrews, Magic Bites
Y-Because You're Mine by Lisa Kleypas Done 7/18 ****

The Forbidden Lord (Lord Trilogy, #2) by Sabrina Jeffries On the Prowl (includes Alpha & Omega #0.5 World of the Lupi #3.5 Monère #4 Dorina Basarab #1.1) by Patricia Briggs Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews A Lot Like Love by Julie James Because You're Mine (Capital Theatre, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

message 48: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

4/4 DONE!!!

U. Unleashed Done
Y. YUMMY!! Hot Head - Done July 20

Chance of a Lifetime by Joey W. Hill Lucky's Lady (Doucet, #2) by Tami Hoag Unleashed by Cherrie Lynn Lord of the Vampires (Royal House of Shadows, #1) by Gena Showalter Hot Head by Damon Suede

message 49: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert WTG, Dhes!!! :)

message 50: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« previous 1 3