Johnson County Library Teen Reading Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Past Summer Reading Discussions > In Uglies by Scott Westerfeld, would you have become a Pretty? Why or why not?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peggy (new)

Peggy (purplepenmore) | 31 comments Mod
Today I would say that I would run to the smoke, but realistically I would probably have become a Pretty. Not knowing about the brain damage and wanting to fit in as a teen, there would have been no real reason not to.

message 2: by Zach (new)

Zach | 26 comments Yes, you get to do a lot of fun things when you become a pretty

message 3: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 3 comments it would be fun to be a pretty, but i would hate to loose my freedom, and my brain, just to fit in with the "popular people"

Zaza (Mackenzie) (horseluvr4ever22004) | 2 comments honestly i would be tempted im sure, just cuz thats what everyone else was doing, but i would probably stay any ugly and make the best of it :) but im not gunna lie i would be tempted

message 5: by Jia (new)

Jia | 40 comments No way José Alarcón. I'm not exactly a person who wants to fit in either. Ugg Boots and Daisy Dukes are popular but would you see me wearing them? No way José Alarcón. Yeah, like Mackenzie said, I would be tempted to, but my personal belief is against all of that such. ;) Yeah, discrimination and all that such comes with being Ugly, but what is the price to pay for popularity and "pretty"? Pretty is on the outside, beauty's on the inside. (That sounded cheesy.) Or in this case, Pretty takes your insides and turns them whack, but whatever. xD

*raises fist that's holding ice cream* ;)

message 6: by Leah (new)

Leah | 18 comments I probably would end up being turned pretty, though I wish I could say otherwise. if everyone turned pretty, then it would be the natural thing to do. As an ugly, they allways see the fun things the pretty's get too do, and that would lure me in.

message 7: by Jia (new)

Jia | 40 comments But, yeah temptation is powerful, so maybe I would get lured in...

*lowers fist with ice cream and starts licking it, the ice cream not the fist*

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.