Creative Reviews discussion

Authors requesting reviewers > Requesting review of a unique book of poetry "Avatar"

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Geoff (new)

Geoff McCarthy (materurbium) | 4 comments Hiya,

I was wondering if a few of you might be generous enough to have a look at my book of poetry called "Avatar". It's completely different than most other books of poetry you have read I think. It is made up of short handwritten pieces that hopefully catch you off guard and entertain you.

Here is an excerpt from it:

"To last hands in the last hand box that want to hold once what we’ve created. It was under what we knew. Love and grace once, now just two. Our son was not as black as that. Once written for one choice now written for another."

And here is an excerpt from a review recently on Amazon:

"This author did something that only a few people are able to do, namely, put what was in him --- his heart, his source of energy --- so close in contact with the page that you can't figure out where one thing stops and the other starts. To be able to hang onto a thought for this long, without collapsing it and worrying about whether it will make sense to others or not --- this is a true gift, and it's one I feel thrilled to have been able to participate in in this book." (the whole review is here: http://www.amazon.com/Avatar-ebook/dp...)

I hope someone will be interested in having a look. Let me know and I'll send you the copy in whichever format you'd like.

message 2: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 1841 comments Mod
That is a beautiful review! You should be quite proud of that!

message 3: by Geoff (new)

Geoff McCarthy (materurbium) | 4 comments thanks amy, I know how unpopular poetry is nowadays, but that review is very nice. I'd be glad if you or other readers would take a look.

thanks again.

message 4: by Cassie (new)

Cassie McCown (cassie629) | 713 comments I love poetry! I'd love to check it out!

message 5: by Geoff (new)

Geoff McCarthy (materurbium) | 4 comments Cassie wrote: "I love poetry! I'd love to check it out!"

Hi cassie, I'll contact you so I can send you the pdf...

mb