Red Dress Ink Fans discussion

Quarterly Books > Marrying Up Discussion Thread

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
One of the winners for July - September.
Feel free to discuss at any time!

message 2: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments Yay!! This is on my challenge! Wahoo!

message 3: by Stacy (new)

I've already read the other book, I'll have to find a way to fit this one in my challenge. :)

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole21) | 573 comments I read this one for the challenge we're completely tomorrow (eek!), but I think I can remember enough to discuss with all of you. I kind of loved this book because of the marrying a millionaire plan which is kind of my life plan...anyway, I'm interested to see what others think.

message 5: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mcipher) | 372 comments So has anyone been reading this? I finished it a while ago and I really liked it - there was some interesting stuff that made me think, and some of it was hilarious, and I loved the premise of planning to marry a millionaire in order to write a book about it.

message 6: by Stacy (new)

I haven't read this yet. :(
But I plan to!!!

message 7: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Hello! I've been looking for Marrying Up on my Kindle, but Amazon keeps saying it has a different author (cover looks different, too). Does anyone know how/where I can find this for my Kindle or what is going on? So weird! I read the synopsis and it seems like a light and interesting read, so let me know if you know what's going on!

message 8: by Stacy (new)

I don't think it's available in an ebook format Bianca. I just tried to search for it and couldn't come up with anything. Your best bet is to see if your library has it, buy it used or get it off of a swapping website. Doesn't look like it is sold brand new anywhere anymore either.

message 9: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mcipher) | 372 comments Bianca wrote: "Hello! I've been looking for Marrying Up on my Kindle, but Amazon keeps saying it has a different author (cover looks different, too). Does anyone know how/where I can find this for my Kindle or wh..."

I have a copy I put up on paperbackswap if you want it!

message 10: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Stacy wrote: "I don't think it's available in an ebook format Bianca. I just tried to search for it and couldn't come up with anything. Your best bet is to see if your library has it, buy it used or get it off o..."

That sounds awesome! I don't have paperbackswap, though...how do I get that? Thanks for the offer...the books sounds very interesting.

message 11: by Stacy (new)

Bianca, just sign up at www.paperbackswap.com, if you have 10 books you'd like to put on there to swap - I think you get two credits for free. Otherwise, you can purchase credits. :)

message 12: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Oh okay, awesome! I will sign up as soon as I get home! I think I definitely have over 10 books haha but now that I have a Kindle most of my books are ebooks. I will see what I have!

Thanks for the help :)

message 13: by Stacy (new)

Bianca wrote: "Oh okay, awesome! I will sign up as soon as I get home! I think I definitely have over 10 books haha but now that I have a Kindle most of my books are ebooks. I will see what I have!

Thanks for ..."

No problem! :) Have fun, LOL!

message 14: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mcipher) | 372 comments Bianca wrote: "Oh okay, awesome! I will sign up as soon as I get home! I think I definitely have over 10 books haha but now that I have a Kindle most of my books are ebooks. I will see what I have!

Thanks for ..."

Let me know if it works for you and you want my copy (or maybe someone else already has it up!) :)

message 15: by Stacy (new)

I started reading this last night. I'm only 25 pages in and I'm not hooked yet. :( I read the back though and it sounds really good so I'm gonna keep going with it. Hopefully it picks up soon! :)

message 16: by Tara (new)

Tara Stacy wrote: "I started reading this last night. I'm only 25 pages in and I'm not hooked yet. :( I read the back though and it sounds really good so I'm gonna keep going with it. Hopefully it picks up soon! :)"

I tried but didn't like it. :(

message 17: by Stacy (new)

I'm going to give it a good go, probably another 40 to 50 pages. The synopsis makes it sound like a good story.

message 18: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole21) | 573 comments I'm sad you guys aren't liking it. I totally loved it. Try to at least get to when they actually move to CA because that's when I really started getting into it. But maybe this is just because I'm crazy enough to have thought to do something like Holly.

Stacy--if you can't get into it/don't want to get it, I'd be happy to take Marrying Up off your hands since I read a library copy.

message 19: by Stacy (new)

Nicole wrote: "I'm sad you guys aren't liking it. I totally loved it. Try to at least get to when they actually move to CA because that's when I really started getting into it. But maybe this is just because I..."

Sure thing I'll send it to you! I'm trying really hard with it though, but PM your address to me and I'll send it as soon as I either finish it, or can't do it anymore. :)

message 20: by Stacy (new)

All right. I can't. I just can't get into it. :(
I really, really, really wanted to but I can't.

Nicole - I'll be sending it your way as soon as I can. I just got a ton of requests off the swapping sites and I need to get to those too. But rest assured, it will be in the mail to you within the next couple of weeks.

message 21: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mcipher) | 372 comments Nicole wrote: "I'm sad you guys aren't liking it. I totally loved it. Try to at least get to when they actually move to CA because that's when I really started getting into it. But maybe this is just because I..."

I agree - it was best once the got to CA. I really liked the book, I thought it was really fun.

message 22: by Tara (new)

Tara Stacy wrote: "All right. I can't. I just can't get into it. :(
I really, really, really wanted to but I can't.

Nicole - I'll be sending it your way as soon as I can. I just got a ton of requests off the sw..."

I'm glad I'm not the only one then. I wanted to like it to but it just didn't happen.

message 23: by Stacy (new)

It must just be a really slow start, and I very rarely can push myself to read past that. It's almost like books like that would be better off as a movie. I don't know how that whole genre of media works in that aspect, but I would think it'd be a lot quicker building up a character in the beginning of a movie than it would be in a book.

message 24: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments AAHH! I packed this away and now really want to give it a try!

message 25: by Stacy (new)

LOL, it's still good for another month. :)