The Host (The Host, #1) The Host discussion

The Host Movie Cast

Comments Showing 1-50 of 168 (168 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Tiffany (last edited Jun 27, 2011 11:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tiffany Okay, just heard this movie is coming out in 2013 and I nearly fist pumped the air in excitement until I looked up the cast...not excited anymore. The girl from Hanna/Lovely Bones will be playing Melanie? Sorry not buying it at all, if Shiloh Fernadez is rumored to be Jared...not buying it though i loved him in red riding hood and felt bad he didn't get the part as edward in twilight but ugh so disappointed anyone else relate?

heres the info bout the movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1517260/f...

Sami Ugh. I'm with you. I loved the book but the casting seems soooooooooooooo off.

message 3: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie The chick who is playing Melanie looks way too young and the dudes who are playing Ian and Jared look way too old! Im very disappointed!

message 4: by M. (new) - rated it 2 stars

M. I think Saoirse Ronan will be okay as Melanie, even though she looks a bit young for the role. The guys are all wrong though. But it says they are rumored to play those roles, nothing is set in stone yet. I hope they pick better guys.

Holly A darker blunt haircut could go a long way in making Saoirse Ronan look mature enough for this part. She hasn't played girly-girl roles, so I think she could wind up doing a good job as Mel. Its a riskier choice, but I like it.
On the other hand, Shiloh is way too much of a pretty boy to play Jared. He's more of a brooding romantic type. Jared need to be played by someone who looks a lot more masculine.

Tiffany i really hope that they can pick better men, i need grown up men, shiloh will not fit the part. as for Ronan I think the girl has amazing acting skills but i don't see it...not buying it. but we shall see im with sami if they pick this cast sorry but this fan will not be going ill wait for the bootleg version

Beth Cook I like Soirse and all but I'm not totally convinced that's a good character fit. But who knows...Hollywood can do wonders anymore.

Dulce man, shiloh farnandez.... is ugly..

Dulce and Ronan kinda fits the role.

BubblesTheMonkey Really? A movie? I will watch it if it looks good...

Tiffany yeah it should be coming out i think late 2012 or early 2013 i hope they can get this right...

message 12: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa The cast is so wrong, I pictured Melanie as a tall beautiful brunette, I could have seen Nina Dobrev or Jessica Biel playing her and the guy cast for Jared all wrong, I pictured some one really hot, that guy is not cute enough.

Tiffany Lisa wrote: "The cast is so wrong, I pictured Melanie as a tall beautiful brunette, I could have seen Nina Dobrev or Jessica Biel playing her and the guy cast for Jared all wrong, I pictured some one really hot..."

OMG NINA WOULD'VE BEEN PERFECT...OR MAYBE SOPHIA BUSH( JUST CUZ I LOVE HER LOL)

message 14: by Lida (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lida Lisa wrote: "The cast is so wrong, I pictured Melanie as a tall beautiful brunette, I could have seen Nina Dobrev or Jessica Biel playing her and the guy cast for Jared all wrong, I pictured some one really hot..."

I WAS ALL EXCITED WHEN I HEARD THAT THERE WAS A MOVIE COMING... AND NOW, I KNOW THAT THIS WILL ONCE AGAIN BE A CASE OF THE BOOK BEING WAAAYYYY BETTER THAN THE MOVIE... DOUBLE SIGH

message 15: by Kae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kae Santiago ugh!!! i hate all the cast, really?! melanie isn't pretty at all! and Jared isn't hot! which is soooo important!

message 16: by Michelle (last edited Jul 16, 2011 09:40AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Michelle I knew the cast was going to be off from the moment I heard they were making it into a movie. Mostly because I had pretty high expectations for the characters. I pictured Kate Beckinsale for the role of Melanie, Tom Welling for the role of Ian, Ian Somerhalder for the role of Kyle, and someone like Channing Tatum (but maybe not him exactly) for the role of Jared. As anticipated, I am let down by their selections thus far.

Tiffany Michelle wrote: "I knew the cast was going to be off from the moment I heard they were making it into a movie. Mostly because I had pretty high expectations for the characters. I pictured Kate Beckinsale for the r..."

tom welling would've brought the hotness factor hardcore that tall drink of water is so handsome and can actually act...

message 18: by Kae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kae Santiago Michelle wrote: "I knew the cast was going to be off from the moment I heard they were making it into a movie. Mostly because I had pretty high expectations for the characters. I pictured Kate Beckinsale for the r..."

OMG i like ur selection better!!!! Ian Somerhalder & Channing Tatum.... talk about major hotness!

Chathuri OMG the cast is sooo offf :(

AlbertaJenn You all have to remember something about IMDB. Anyone who pays $15/month for IMDB Pro can changed the details.

Ronan is correct, but I have heard nothing about the guys on any other site/community, so I question if they are legit.

message 21: by Beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth McDonald NOOOOO!! That goes against everything that is right. Shiloh Fernandez is no Jared. At all. Disappointed doesn't even begin to describe it.

Darlene I thought Australian actress Caitlin Stasey was perfect for Mel but I think Ronan can definitely play Melanie/Wanda. & I can easily see it if she dyes her hair, which I bet they will do -_-

jaime louton Gwyniveredeer wrote: "Wow. As if; these guys don't even fit the roles at all. They picked characters that matched the Twilight people so well, and now this? No one fits. At all. Ian needs to be a puppy-like sort of guy,..."

don't forget that mel needs to be somewhat fit.

Christina O. I heard Saoirse Ronan was cast as Melanie right after I saw Hanna, I think she'll do great. She's a really good actress. Don't worry so much about how the actor looks it's how well they fit the part that matters. I really don't know how I feel about either of the guy actors who are rumored to play Jared, but I'm not going to worry about it. So far it's only a rumor.

TinaBee Saoirse Ronan is officially cast as Melanie. She's a good actress, but I've always seen her as baby faced or too innocent looking. Maybe as Wanda's new body in the end would be better? Melanie was described as tall and athletic body type. So I've always imagined someone like Jessica Stroup (with her blonde dyed hair) as Melanie. As long as Shiloh Fernandez is NOT Ian, I'm happy.

Dulce TinaBee wrote: "Saoirse Ronan is officially cast as Melanie. She's a good actress, but I've always seen her as baby faced or too innocent looking. Maybe as Wanda's new body in the end would be better? Melanie was ..."

I agree with you, I had not seen Jessica Stroup and now that i see her she fits melanie a lot more better than Saorise Ronana..

Chelsea Tiffany wrote: "Okay, just heard this movie is coming out in 2013 and I nearly fist pumped the air in excitement until I looked up the cast...not excited anymore. The girl from Hanna/Lovely Bones will be playing M..."

Oh please say your joking! I really dont want to see this great book turned into a terrible movie too!

Tiffany Camryn wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "Okay, just heard this movie is coming out in 2013 and I nearly fist pumped the air in excitement until I looked up the cast...not excited anymore. The girl from Hanna/Lovely Bones w..."

i know...i hope this doesn't turn into a fiasco like twilight but we can only pray lol

message 29: by Jack (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jack moore the thing that really bugs me is that ian and kyle are supposed to be very similar looking. So much so that wanda mistakes them. The actors playing them couldnt look more contrasting

message 30: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee They have Ian and Jared already picked?? I can't find it anywhere, just people who are rumored to play them...?

Celine im excited for the movie...but the cast is really bad (in my opinion)

Karina Hmmmmm I don't really like the cast but I'm looking forward to watch the movie when it comes out.

Maria Check out my picks for casting under my new topic "Who Would You Cast" and post your own. :D

Robin  G How good is this book, I've never read it

Lucille I don't think Saoirse Ronan fits Melanie. She looks kinda soft. Melanie looks tough.

But she'll make a good Wanda with Pet's body.

Jennifer Not too sure about watching a movie based on a really awesome book, i don't think the actor set to play melanie is right... she seems a little too girly?

Stephanie Alvarez Who is supposed to play Ian and Jared? :o

message 38: by Gloria Maria (last edited Oct 21, 2011 11:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gloria Maria I always pictured Sophia bush or someone like her for Melanie... how about her? or is she too old? I actually cant remember the characters age range...

Kirsten Don't even go there: cast for a movie? Yuck. Let it be.

Jennifer Dupriest Oooohhh.... I heard that Max Iron (Red Riding Hood) will be Jared and Jake Abel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians) will be Ian. I totally agree with this... but I hope they don't ruin the book...

Claire I just hope that when they convert it from book to film they don't miss out everyone's favourite bits. And they find to prefect actors for Jared, Ian and Jed.

Sebastián Celine wrote: "im excited for the movie...but the cast is really bad (in my opinion)"

I agree

Julie Sami wrote: "Ugh. I'm with you. I loved the book but the casting seems soooooooooooooo off."

Absolutely agree

Danielle. I agree with everyone when they say the cast is disdainful. The girl from The Lovely Bones playing as Melanie? Unbelievable!

Alexandra Who the heck did they get to cast this movie???? have they read the book?? If its anything like what happened to the twilight movies I can wait for TV

So not looking forward to this cast.
the Director Andrew Niccol is okay I like some of his other stuff, but this will be another case of the book being better than the movie.

Sylvia They are obviously going for the younger demographic by casting these actors but I don't see why they had to do that everyone who has read the book knows the characters's ages etc...this has really disappointed me and a lot of people I know who have read this...I always go into a book adapted movie with an open mind because I don't expect them to be exact but my casting actors who are younger than the characters in the book is too way off for me ... I always pictured Jensen Ackles as Jared and Ian Somerhaulder as Ian lol that's just me but I'll still give the movie a go!!

Alexandra Heinzypop wrote: "They are obviously going for the younger demographic by casting these actors but I don't see why they had to do that everyone who has read the book knows the characters's ages etc...this has really..."

I agree completely.

Elizabeth I LOVED!! LOVED!! LOVED!! the book...so not the pictures I had in my head for the cast though. I expected them to be a bit older for one. I pictured someone like Henry Cavill playing Jared,and Chris Hemsworth playing Ian. Lilly Collins would be good as Melanie. Maybe Saoirse Ronan can play Wanderer at the end. And who will play Jamie? Not decided on that yet.

Kerri Did I read The Host wrong, but isn't Melanie in her early 20's. Most of the people on this discussion say the actress is too young, which is probably true, usually casting directors pick older actors/actresses to play younger characters (Jennifer Lawrence/Katniss Everdeen), and not the other way around.

« previous 1 3 4