Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Young Adult Fiction > Reader Interviews for YA Blog

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikareading) Hi everyone! I'm kind of new here. I've been reading threads in this group for years but only just joined so I can be active here.

I have a young adult book blog (www.oneadayya.blogspot.com). I thought I'd do something interactive to post on the blog and decided to interview regular, every day readers. Similar to author interviews, but kind of the opposite. I thought it might be interesting for authors to see what readers have to say and fun for readers to be the ones interviewed for a change. If you are interested in joining me just post your answers here and I'll put them up on the blog one per week. You don't have to read YA to participate.

Here are the questions (please answer the ones that say "required" and then choose any 5 you like from the second section).

Questions

Required questions:

By filling out these questions and posting them you agree to let me repost them up on my blog One A Day Y.A. (Yes or no):

Your name (what you would like to be called in the post):

Tell us something about yourself:

Do you read Y.A.? Why or why not?

Choose any 5 questions:

If you could meet any author in person who would it be and why?

What are some of your favourite books of all time?

How many books do you read at one time?

How many books do you usually read in a year?

What is important to you in a book? ex. characters, plot, genre, mood, fun or serious.

Do you have any weird reading habits? If yes, what are they?

If you could bring any character in a book to life who would it be and why?

List 5 books you wish you could get your hands on ASAP.

List one little known book you wish more people knew about.

Do you have a favourite book cover? What is it?

Do you prefer physical books or ebooks?

Where do you read?

Favourite childhood book?

If you could rewrite any book what would it be? How would it differ from the original?

Do you read books by indie authors? If yes, what are some you think more people should read? If no, why not?

What is your favourite genre? What do you like most about it?

If you want I can notify you when your interview is posted. Just as long as your profile is public!

message 2: by Aubrey (new)

Aubrey Coletti (aubreytheauthor) | 7 comments Okay, here are mine. I'm Aubrey Coletti, by the way, author of my own YA book "Altered" and lifelong avid reader.

Yes, I read YA books, because that period in life is often the most interesting because of all the changes happening in that time period, so it makes for great drama.

1.) My favorite books of all time: "The Mists of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley, the Harry Potter Books, the Song of the Lioness books by Tamora Pierce, the Circle of Magic books by Tamora Pierce, Trickster's Queen by, you guessed it, Tamora Pierce

2.) In a book plot and character go hand in hand: if you don't care about the characters, why would it be interesting to see what happens to them? Consequently, if nothing interesting happens to them, why read? After that, I like for the stories to really touch something within me, an emotional core or social truth, in a new and exciting or moving way.

3.) I prefer physical books, as I find it more calming to hold it in your hands as opposed to staring at a screen, and it's just nice to curl up with a book.

4.) A little known book people should know more about? Mine right here!

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback...

Okay, shameless plug aside, I think Tamora Pierce's Song of the Lioness series is one of the best YA book series of all time, and while she's been pretty successful recently, I still think this book series should be more well known.

5.) Would I read books by indie authors? I should hope so being a self-published one myself! There are fantastic writers who just write fanfiction, and terrible writers who get big company backed book deals. If a book appeals to you from the blurb and the writing seems engaging, let THAT decide whether to continue rather than if it's indie published or not. Just like the music industry, plenty of amazing books and authors are turned down simply because the company doesn't think the book will sell. Take advantage of the indie market to find great new books!

Okay, so those are my answers. Hope they help!