readHERs discussion

Introductions

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by shannon (new)

shannon (design_her) | 37 comments Mod
Please introduce yourself to the group.

If you have book suggestions, feel free to add them to the group list under "to-read" and we'll vote on what to read next as a group. If we choose your book, you can lead the discussion if you like!

message 2: by Beri (last edited Jul 05, 2011 05:48PM) (new)

Beri | 4 comments Hey all! I'm Beri (15.KO.04). Like Shannon, I love to read but just really didn't have the time over the years to do so. I'm really hoping I can get back into it now that life is kinda(big emphasis on kinda) slowing down. I just moved to philly and started my pediatric residency and need something, other than watching tv and reading medical literature, to do. Looking forward to reading the first book...until then back to my recorded BET awards :)

message 3: by Heather (last edited Jul 01, 2011 10:06AM) (new)

Heather Brownley | 6 comments Hello all! I'm Heather (1-KO-00). Like Beri I have fallen off with my reading over the past few years and want get back into it. I think a book club will help with this. So I'm looking forward to this! :)

message 4: by Hope (new)

Hope (ebonyreader) | 8 comments Hi, everyone. My name is Hope (16 KO 95). I am an avid book reader and lover. I'm a member of the RAWSISTAZ bookclub, another online bookclub so this group is right up my alley. I listened to the audiobook of The Help at the end of last year or earlier this year (can't remember exactly). I look forward to chatting and possibly meeting with you all.

message 5: by Nina (new)

Nina | 3 comments Hey Y'all. I am Nina 19-KO-95. I Love to read books but I really like getting good book recommendations so hopefully this will work out well. I have read "The Help" and it was great, can't wait for the discussion and movie.

message 6: by Michelle (last edited Jul 05, 2011 05:31PM) (new)

Michelle | 11 comments Hi all! I'm Michelle. I haven't had the opportunity to read for fun since starting law school. I am looking forward to getting back to it!

message 7: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Greene | 8 comments Hi all! I'm Tammy (3.KO.04). I am excited about getting back into reading and finding out about a variety of good books.

message 8: by shannon (last edited Jul 06, 2011 05:50AM) (new)

shannon (design_her) | 37 comments Mod
BTW... for those who see all these numbers/letters behind names, a few members of the bookclub are Greek... but of course, the bookclub is open to ALL! Please feel free to invite your friends :D

message 9: by Mecia (new)

Mecia | 1 comments Hey everybody! I'm Mecia (AKA, 8.TP.04) and a I'm a Carolina alum. I'm an avid reader of all kinds of books, but have never participated in a book club and always wanted to do it. I'm excited about "The Help" and all future reads.

message 10: by Janel (new)

Janel Monroe (janelm) | 2 comments Hello everyone!! I'm Janel (9.KO.Δ8) and I'm super excited to have a group to read with. I love being able to discuss books as I read. Thanks for the invite Shannon!!!

message 11: by Veejay (new)

Veejay | 4 comments Hello everyone! I'm Momma AKA who simply love the KOs, particularly Lady Shannon. I am excited about reading this book. I'm more excited about discussing it with all of you and picking your brains. Thanks for including me, Shannon.

Veejay

message 12: by Ronda B (new)

Ronda B | 5 comments Hello Ladies. My name is Ronda (18~KO~04). I'm an English teacher and I love reading but what I love even more is discussing great literature. This is my first online book club and I'm excited to be in this group:0)

message 13: by Ronda (new)

Ronda (rjmanuel) | 5 comments Hi Everyone! I am also Ronda (4.KO.04) and I am so excited about being a part of this book club. I probably haven't read a book since I graduated from college, so I'll try to keep up. :-) I look forward to the discussions and hopefully meeting everyone one day!

message 14: by Kira (new)

Kira (sassyk13) | 1 comments Hi everyone! My name is Kira (13.KO.o4) and I also very excited to be apart of this book club. Now that I have graduated from grad school I am ready to read some good books for pleasure. I look forward to our journey with great literature.

message 15: by Keisha (new)

Keisha | 4 comments Hello everyone! My name is Keisha and I just started back reading about a year ago. This is my first online bookclub and I'm so glad to be a part of it!

message 16: by Alia (new)

Alia Chambers | 1 comments Hi Ladies! My name is Alia and I'm so excited to finally be a part of a book club. I LOVE to read and I'm always looking for the next good book. I am especially looking forward to our discussions and I'm very excited about the first book as it has been sitting on my shelf for the past 6 months. It was in the last group of books that I purchased and I just hadn't gotten to that one yet. But I hear its great!

message 17: by Ranada (new)

Ranada | 2 comments Hi all! I'm Ranada (12.OH.04). I am so excited. I have never been a big reader but always wanted to have this as a bigger part in my life. I am at a point where I am trying to find balance between personal and work and I think this is just what I need. I am excited about this book club and I know that you all will help keep me on my toes!! ;)

message 18: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 1 comments Hello, my name is Tiffany. I'm an avid reader who majored in English, so I've definitely read my fair share of books, but kinda got out of the habit over the years. I'm definitely excited to meet new people and learn about good reads. I'm currently reading Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang, but plan to read The Help at the same time. Thanks for putting this together Shan!

message 19: by Carmesia (new)

Carmesia Straite | 11 comments Hey y'all! I am Carmesia (23.KO.Δ8) and I'm verrrry excited about this bookclub. I too have not read a book for leisure in a bit. It's refreshing to get back into it. I look forward to having some good discussion about our books. Thanks for including me Shannon!

message 20: by Faith (last edited Aug 04, 2011 02:07PM) (new)

Faith Leach | 5 comments Hi Everyone! My name is Faith and I'm new to the online bookclub. Ronda invited me. I love to read, but find I have more time to read during the summer. I have a few recommendations I will add to the list. One of my favorites this summer, "My Extraordinary Ordinary Family and Me" by Condolezza Rice. Awesome read. (7.MO.04)