How to Win Friends and Influence People How to Win Friends and Influence People question

Salary.Com Top Business Books, Yes, No, Cliche?
Timothy Timothy Jun 27, 2011 11:42AM
http://www.salary.com/Articles/Articl...
http://www.salary.com/Articles/Articl...

Have you seen Salary.com's top 13 and additional 15 best business books. I've read a few of them. I wouldn't consider the few that I've read to be groundbreaking or anything. Most are good common sense stuff. I can't believe they didn't include Rich Dad Poor Dad or Customers for Life in the list.

Is this list worth reading through? What would your top business book be?

I read it & Dale Carnegie's other books. Going through the "Dale Carnegie Course" was quite an experience. It's got some cult like aspects, and overall, I'm glad I did it, but not sorry that I haven't had contact with them in 20 years.

I like Think and grow rich.Rich dad,poor dad is not that great I feel.I would like to have Six thinking hats for conducting business meetings.

Some of the books on this list look like great reads, but I tend to get put of by hard core guru books that as you to simply think positive and wait for good things to happen. Carnegie and Godin belong on the list. I'll wait to read reviews by others before I go after any of the other ones.

Out of all of those books, I would suggest the 4-hour work week for its new ideas upon a ever-changing business world. It has nothing to do with whether it co-insides with your field, but a read to make your brain work again. Drive is also a good book for most of us DO NOT understand why we want to succeed and try to succeed. All others are more hunky dory, happy go-lucky. For a realistic view of millionaires though, read the Millionaire Next Door, or I would suggest the Millionaire Mind.

How to Win Friends and Influence people is made fun of more than it's read. It's dated, somewhat man's world centric, but not all bad. I actually do fall back on advice from this book, with the caveat that it really only works for/on people in the US and some parts of Canada.