Creative Reviews discussion

Exciting News > Looking For Bloggers and Authors

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (bookishevents) I don't know if this is exciting news or just begging, probably more begging. I'm trying to help out another blogger. She set up a giveaway hop for the 30th, but didn't have a lot of entrants because there's a giant one the day after that she didn't know about. I know this is completely last minute but it's her first time organizing a blog hop and she could really use some help, with all the great authors and review bloggers in this group it's the perfect audience to jump in and help her pull this off with flair. To join you need to contribute 1 book related prize and post the banner of the hop on your website or blog on June 30th linking that post to the hop. There will be 3 winners to this hop unlike other hops, since it's a small group it makes for a larger prize if all the blog share a drawing. So you don't even need to set up your own form or your own drawing. Just something to contribute, post the banner on the 30th, whatever you want people hopping through to see for your content and deciding whatever you'd like for optional additional entries on your blog. Do you want people to follow your blog, do you want people to follow your facebook or your twitter? It's great promotion for new writers and small blogs, it gets your name out there to readers and reviewers and hopping in at the last minute to help out makes people remember you later. The only 2 qualifications to join are the giveway must be open to Canadian residents, (perfect if you have an ebook) and your contribution needs to be book related, ie a book or ebook, some swags, a gift card to a book purchasing site that doesn't need to be overly large. The more people willing to help out with this the bigger the prizes become for the three winners and the more attention the hop receive ie more attention for and your awesome new book or review blogs. Info on the hop is here
http://lovelaughandread.blogspot.com/...
Her contact info is vanessa jury
And yes this is last minute I know, but with the first time organizing something I'd like to see it go over big wouldn't you? So drop her a line if you can help out with making this happen. Thanks so much for your time.

message 2: by Mysti (new)

Mysti Parker | 216 comments Dropped her a line :)

message 3: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 1841 comments Mod
Ok, can someone explain a blog hop for me? I know I am WAY behind on the times, but I am lost here...

message 4: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (bookishevents) A Blog Hop is a bunch of blog that get together on a certain day and link up to each other for some reason or other. In this case it's a Giveaway blog hop. On that day you make a post with the blog hop banner and usually a copy of the linky to the other blogs. They can be run a couple different ways some have a contest going on every site where the blog does the entry forms and picks the winners. This one is run a different way. Everyone makes their post on the 30th but to increase the size of the prizes there are 3 winners total for the hop. Which means you make your post on the 30th and write down in it what people can do for extra entries on your blog ie follow the blog follow you on Twitter etc and have them post in comments when they did something extra for those entries you're offering. When the hop is finished you email Love Laugh Read with how many extra entries go to who from your blog. She's handling the entry form and the drawing which actually makes it really easy for the participating blogs. She then contacts you with the winners and tells you where to have the prize you contributed sent.

The body of the post can be whatever you want as long as the required info about the hop is included. For Example I'm doing an interview with Angela Yuriko Smith, for bonus entries my blog is offering follow her blog and or twitter, follow my blog and or twitter. At the end of the hop I'll email her with any bonus entries that came from my blog, people who did those things. Then when she contacts me with the winners I'll post that on my blog and email Angela with where the prize is being sent since she's sponsoring the contest from my blog. Really easy and a lot of fun because it help introduce you to other blogs through the other participants.

message 5: by Mysti (new)

Mysti Parker | 216 comments Like one of those progressive dinners, except less food ;)

message 6: by Cassie (new)

Cassie McCown (cassie629) | 713 comments Jenn, you write the LONGEST posts...LOL...

I really wanted to help her out but I am so SWAMPED right now, I just cannot justify adding anything else to my plate this week!!! I will be rooting for her though! I WILL be glad to pass her info along in a blog post once the hop gets started.

message 7: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 1841 comments Mod
Whew!! That sounds like A LOT to have to keep up with! Once of these days I will get really involved in one of those!!

message 8: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (bookishevents) lol Cassie, I'm a verbose sort of person and because of that have learned to type as fast as I can talk which btw is as fast as the micromachine man if you remember who he is. Actually at 16 I could talk faster. I don't even realize how much I've typed until I click send. lol.

message 9: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments oh my. Is that what a blog hop is? I had no idea. I am involved in one that kicked off today...but she's not visiting my blog til the 22nd. I thought all i had to do was post my review/interview/giveaway on the 22nd and then annnounce my winner on the date i choose (which is the 30th) I think.....
did i do it wrong?? LOL

message 10: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (bookishevents) Your contest dates are supposed to be the same as the hop if it's a contest related hop. If the hop you're in started today then the contest should be posted today. IF the hop is on the 22nd then that's when the interview would be.

message 11: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments I'm a hosting my own contest for my followers but there is a bigger contest that I guess i need to put up the link and announce that i am having a guest and on what date....right?

message 12: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (bookishevents) Ok you've got me confused. Are you just having a contest on your blog or are you participating in a contest related blog hop in which you still host your own contest on your own blog but are linked up as part of a hop? If the contest on your blog has been linked up in a blog hop that is a giveaway specific hops then the dates should be the same as that hop. If you're just having a contest on your blog that is not linked up in a giveaway hop then you can host in any way you want. I prefer to try to keep most of mine in with the hops because of the increase traffic to my blog.

message 13: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments i'm confused too. LOL.
There is a bigger giveaway that she gave me the link too but she also gave me two books for me to give away on my blog to my followers....
so i guess it would be both?
I think what I'm going to do is put up the link to the bigger giveaway and tell about the author and her book and then let everyone know that I am going to post an interview/review on the 22nd where they can enter to win a copy of the book.....

message 14: by Dale (last edited Jul 02, 2011 05:51PM) (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) | 298 comments Cambria, sounds like you're involved in a blog *tour*, not a hop. A blog tour can last a couple of weeks. I have an author visiting my blog on 7/5 as part of her blog tour.